Jump to content
Cheddar Bob

The Walking Dead

Recommended Posts

12 hours ago, §andman said:

Iunno why I keep watching this show but I do... 

My last episode was the one where they faked Glenn's death (Season 6, IIRC).  It was so obviously a fake death that they were going to write their way out of and came across as a little insulting for long-time viewers.  I heard the show really went downhill after that anyways, so it doesn't feel like I"m missing anything. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Mantis Toboggan said:

I’ve thought this season has been decent enough; with the exception of a few things here and there. They didn’t need to have the 50 cal shooting at Ricks Jeep. That was just stupid. But they’ve been progressing the All Out War angle at least 

That's the thing... it's decent enough but it really isn't good or amazing. There's this hope in me that this show will be great and it rarely ever happens. It's just decent enough, as you said. 

I also found Carol climbing up in the rafters ridiculous last episode. Even when you suspend the realism, the characters are so bland. You don't really care about anyone dying, ever.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 14/11/2017 at 9:46 PM, §andman said:

 

I also found Carol climbing up in the rafters ridiculous last episode

607oOX6.png

 

I am not enjoying it this series. There's always been the odd filler episode, but it's terrible this season. I can't stop watching though, in the hope it will become good again. Also i've invested so much time into it so far. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 

i haven't disliked this season but it hasn't been great. just average in my mind. really disappointed that Carl is dying. he managed to become one of the more likable characters. fuck Darryl and Tara. two of the worst characters in the show now

 

originally I thought Carl dying was because Chandler wanted to leave to focus on school. Nope. Scott Gimple. Really hate this one the more I think of it. Probably will stick around for the end of all out war but don’t see myself coming back for season 9[/spoiler]

Edited by Mantis Toboggan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Mantis Toboggan said:
  Reveal hidden contents

i haven't disliked this season but it hasn't been great. just average in my mind. really disappointed that Carl is dying. he managed to become one of the more likable characters. fuck Darryl and Tara. two of the worst characters in the show now

 

originally I thought Carl dying was because Chandler wanted to leave to focus on school. Nope. Scott Gimple. Really hate this one the more I think of it. Probably will stick around for the end of all out war but don’t see myself coming back for season 9[/spoiler]

Probably the least entertaining season since S2 so far. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Mantis Toboggan said:

this post is extra relevant now. i would hope that AMC fires Scott Gimple in an attempt to salvage what's left, but i don't think they will.

I don't know if it's him or AMC trying to save money by not having to renegotiate with him. I can see a bit of both at play. AMC is super cheap and Gimple has pretty much made horrible decisions with the show. 

At this rate, I don't see them going beyond 1 more season. A lot of people are pissed and getting tired of the show. They had the Negan hype before but I don't see any future hype anymore. Who takes over the show when Rick leaves/dies? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, §andman said:

I don't know if it's him or AMC trying to save money by not having to renegotiate with him. I can see a bit of both at play. AMC is super cheap and Gimple has pretty much made horrible decisions with the show. 

At this rate, I don't see them going beyond 1 more season. A lot of people are pissed and getting tired of the show. They had the Negan hype before but I don't see any future hype anymore. Who takes over the show when Rick leaves/dies? 

rick IS the show.

 

he really is the only character *anyone* cares about.  if they killed him, they would kill the show instantly. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, §andman said:

I don't know if it's him or AMC trying to save money by not having to renegotiate with him. I can see a bit of both at play. AMC is super cheap and Gimple has pretty much made horrible decisions with the show. 

At this rate, I don't see them going beyond 1 more season. A lot of people are pissed and getting tired of the show. They had the Negan hype before but I don't see any future hype anymore. Who takes over the show when Rick leaves/dies? 

According to a Facebook post by chandlers Dad, he had just signed a 3 year deal. Ricks contract is up after season 8 ends.

 

it honestly seemed like they were setting it up to be Carl’s show after Rick died. 

Edited by Mantis Toboggan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Rick convinces a horse to take him to Atlanta by telling it there'll be other horses there. Five minutes after arrival, at the very slightest hint of danger, he ditches the horse which then gets torn apart and eaten.

In bird culture, this is known as a dick-move.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, §andman said:

Is the new season crap still?

I'm not missing anything by not watching it? 

i've heard it's quite a bit better than the previous seasons. i only watched Ricks last episode cause I wanted to see how they sent him out and i thought it was decent, the trailer for the next episodes looked interesting as well

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×