Sign in to follow this  
Cheddar Bob

Calgary Flames Thread

10 minutes ago, §andman said:

That's disgusting. I hope fans boycott them.

But I look at our own Toronto team and haven't heard a single athlete or spokesperson say they will provide assistance, either. 

MLSE is providing assistance, though.

https://www.sportsnet.ca/basketball/nba/mlse-will-compensate-event-staff-no-games-played/

“Anyone who is affected by this temporary halt in our operations will receive a financial payment from MLSE to bridge employees between their [Employment Insurance] benefits and 95 per cent of their regular average earnings (the maximum allowed by Service Canada for them to be eligible for full EI benefit) for four weeks,” an emailed statement from MLSE reads.

“Those employees who do not qualify for EI benefits will be paid the equivalent MLSE top-up portion.”

Posted (edited)
38 minutes ago, §andman said:

That's disgusting. I hope fans boycott them.

But I look at our own Toronto team and haven't heard a single athlete or spokesperson say they will provide assistance, either. 

It’s too bad this sport still doesn’t have legit commissioner.  Every nhl team should’ve been given 48 hrs to come up with some framework to take care of their people or be fined heavily, and then the league will take care of it.  

Such a bad look on the team(s), and the league on whole.  

Good on MLSE for not waiting and stepping up.  

Edited by Doc J