Armster

Official Toronto Blue Jays Thread

3 hours ago, majingir said:

I'd still keep him. He's better than other OF options we got, and is now one of the faces of the franchise.

I read that Tepera is the last player drafted by JP who is still part of the Jays. Toronto sports as a whole, only 8 guys on their pro teams 5 years ago are still here today.

I'd much rather have Grichuk in CF over Pillar going forward. Easily.

Clippard and Granderson are the most likely guys to be dealt in August. Currently projected for 73 wins, which would be their lowest since 2012, but with them selling at the deadline and in August too, probably will see them below 70 for first time since 2004.

A weird strategy by the Jays though. They're showing off Clippard by starting him! He hasn't started a game since 2008. Fittingly enough, also in Seattle.

Edited by majingir

Way to go team! bases load none out not a run scored or even close.  The debacle led by Kevin "LOL why are we talking about me being more patient at the plate(I swing at fucking anything cuz I'm dumber than a sack of hammers)" Pillar.   

I fucking can't wait until he's someone else's backup fielder (and problem).  Useless sack.

1 hour ago, Armster said:

Way to go team! bases load none out not a run scored or even close.  The debacle led by Kevin "LOL why are we talking about me being more patient at the plate(I swing at fucking anything cuz I'm dumber than a sack of hammers)" Pillar.   

I fucking can't wait until he's someone else's backup fielder (and problem).  Useless sack.

But he should be the face of the franchise moving forward! He's Superman!

Too bad being good at baseball outside of April is his kryptonite.

12 minutes ago, Morrison7 said:

Now everyone with no common sense or a set of morals is whining about the Osuna trade... god the Jays fanbase is incredible really.

Not Jays fans, but Toronto fans overall. Read the posts people had about the DeRozan trade. Some even criticized the Tavares deal. The media is in love with capturing these posts and reporting it as fact that "this is how Toronto fans think about ___".

The city does have many knowledgeable/hardcore fans, but seems like so many casual/unknowledgeable fans as well.

2 minutes ago, majingir said:

Not Jays fans, but Toronto fans overall. Read the posts people had about the DeRozan trade. Some even criticized the Tavares deal. The media is in love with capturing these posts and reporting it as fact that "this is how Toronto fans think about ___".

The city does have many knowledgeable/hardcore fans, but seems like so many casual/unknowledgeable fans as well.

With the Jays at least, the 2015 bandwagon is starting to empty. Pretty sad to watch others dismiss the fact the Jays won 76 games with Osuna on the roster last season, and that he's facing serious charges... because he throws a baseball hard and well.

12 hours ago, Morrison7 said:

With the Jays at least, the 2015 bandwagon is starting to empty.

They'll go back to their pre-2015 attendances, with 2018 ticket prices......

Though one way Rogers is likely gonna make lots of money is stadium naming rights. We heard reports in off-season about a possible sale, and I don't know if it'll impact the stadium, but I read that TD could be having some sort of 20M/year deal to continue being the official bank of the Jays. For 20M a year, I wouldn't be surprised if part of that included naming rights to the stadium. Scotiabank is paying 40M for naming rights to a much more used place for bigger events, so 20M for TD at Rogers Centre seems fair.

I'm abit surprised Air Canada isn't going for naming rights here. Not paying for ACC anymore, but people will still call it the ACC for awhile, so you could have 2 venues that fans refer to with your name. Or any airline in general, naming it (airline name) Skydome makes lots of sense.

Edited by majingir

7 hours ago, §andman said:

Damn, they're the floor mat for those teams. 

Just makes you wonder what Jays might actually be like in a different division. Not this season, but historically. Those 00s Jays were better than their record showed.

Moving on o Vlad watch, Vlad Jr is now hitting .462 with 2HR, 5RBI, 9BB, 2K in 9 games in AAA. He's also 7.6 years younger than the AAA average. One of the guys he hit a HR off of, the #24 ranked prospect in the MLB (#2 on Braves).

Miguel Cabrera is one comparison I've heard from people comparing the type of guy they see Vlad ending up like.

10 hours ago, majingir said:

Just makes you wonder what Jays might actually be like in a different division. Not this season, but historically. Those 00s Jays were better than their record showed.

Moving on o Vlad watch, Vlad Jr is now hitting .462 with 2HR, 5RBI, 9BB, 2K in 9 games in AAA. He's also 7.6 years younger than the AAA average. One of the guys he hit a HR off of, the #24 ranked prospect in the MLB (#2 on Braves).

Miguel Cabrera is one comparison I've heard from people comparing the type of guy they see Vlad ending up like.

He's the most exciting prospect in baseball and it's not even really close at this point.  Can't wait to see him next year with the Jays.

Gibbons doesn't want to go through a rebuild...or, Gibbons is saying stuff now to act like the guy who is going to be dumped in a relationship anyway, but he's trying to make himself feel better about it before it officially happens.

We all know the day after he's fired, Gibbons is heading home and going fishing, literally picking up right where he left off before being hired by the Jays.

Whoever the new manager is, hopefully they're good. Girardi is a FA right now, and you might hear familiar names we heard last time like Hale or Sandy Alomar.

54 minutes ago, majingir said:

Mess of a roster? Jays have a top 5 farm system in baseball...Slowly we're gonna see guys coming up. Even Vlad could be here next season.

I was implying to the current on-field product aside from a couple of guys. Yeesh.