Armster

Official Toronto Blue Jays Thread

1 hour ago, Morrison7 said:

Yeah maybe the Jays could have won 77 games with a 35-year old Pearce instead of 73!!!

🙄

I was commenting on MY complete lack of foresight, calling this deal terrible for my beloved Red Sox. 

Good lesson here, even uteck can be wrong every millennium. 

The way things are shaping up, I see this type of team heading into next year:

😄
Martin
Jansen

1B:
Smoak
Tellez

2B:
Travis
Gurriel
Drury

3B:
Solarte

SS:
Tulo
Diaz

DH:
Morales

OF:
Hernendez
Pillar
Grichuk
McKinney

Can't move any of the big contracts unfortunately. Smoak/Travis are 2 names from here I could see moved. Enough depth at 2B, might as well trade the guy who is oldest of that group(and also gets injured). And Smoak having 1 year left on his deal, making just 6M while hitting 25+HR would be valuable to trade. Especially since Vlad is gonna be on the team later in April. More reason to be moving infielders in trades.

SP:
Stroman
Sanchez
Pannone
Borucki
SRF/Gaviglio

RP:
Giles
Biagini
Shafer
Fernandez (L)
Mayza (L)

2 more righties needed in the bullpen. Probably just filled by ST Invite/Farm System guys.

The trade deadline could be an interesting one next year. You'll have an expiring Martin/Morales. And if Jays retain salary, then no doubt a playoff team will want them for that push. Tulo probably can't be moved at this deadline, unless Jays are willing to retain most of his remaining salary(14M owed in 2020, and a 4M buyout in 2021)

Edited by majingir