Sign in to follow this  
cranker8989

2013-14 Marlies Roster

Curious to see what the Marlies will have next year with few guys signing elsewhere and likely getting called up. 

This is currently what I believe we have

Forwards:

RW Tyler Biggs (not sure if a marlie or OHL)

LW Josh Leivo

RW Carter Ashton?

LW Jerry D'Amigo?

C Joe Colborne? 

C Mike Zigomanis?

RW Kenny Ryan

LW Brad Ross

C Greg McKegg

LW Jamie Devane

C Sam Carrick

RW Ryan Lasch

LW David Broll

C Andrew Crescenzi

C Trevor Smith (I heard we signed him)... http://thehockeyhouse.net/toronto-maple-leafs/leafs-sign-trevor-smith-kevin-marshall/

RW Spencer Abbott RFA

Defensemen

Stuart Percy (not sure again if marlie or OHL)

Jesse Blacker

Peter Granberg

Andrew MacWilliam

Korbian Holzer?

Kevin Marshall

Paul Ranger? 

Goalies

Drew MacIntrye 

Garret Sparks?

It really doesn't look nearly as solid of a group as we've seen in the past, but we'll see what happens. Seems to be the current group looks like:

Ashton-Smith-Biggs

Leivo-McKegg-Ryan

Ross-Carrick-Lasch

Broll-Crescenzi-Devane

Marshall-Holzer

Percy-Blacker

MacWilliam-Granberg

MacIntrye

Sparks

Anyone have any better thoughts on this team or what player is supposed to be slotted where

Its going to be a young ass team that will probably finish outside of the playoffs TBH. Guys like Mckegg/Levio/Ross/Ashton are going to be catapulted into the top 6 from the bottom 6 roles they had last year. Guys like Percy/Biggs/Granberg/Carrick are going to be noobs being put into full time spots.... overall its going to be very experimental, and we'll probably find out pretty quickly who were quality draft choices.

I find it very weird that Mckegg/Levio could actually be call ups next year if we get injuries in our top 6. It's not ideal, but it gives the young guys a chance to show us what they've got.

greg scott will be there... probably captain

also if crescenzi hasn't significantly improve his skating he's not gonna see much ice

I have to find the link again....but Scott may have signed in Sweden...

I'm pretty sure Reilly will be there too(Marlies).  I really don't want to rush him...but rather take the approach we did with Kadri.  He needs to pay his dues like everyone else and then when he does make the big club(which is not even a question, unless he gets injured(knock on wood) he'll be that much more motivated and thrilled to be there.(LEAFS).  Plus I want to see him dominate and make pylons out of opposing players.