Cheddar Bob

Toronto Marlies Thread

Boy, it seems Ranger has been out of the line-up for a long time.  I heard he has some concussion problems, was that the injury report you all heard?

It would be good to see him back in their line-up.  They were on a roll before all the callups to the Leafs when the season finally got going.

Boy, it seems Ranger has been out of the line-up for a long time.  I heard he has some concussion problems, was that the injury report you all heard?

It would be good to see him back in their line-up.  They were on a roll before all the callups to the Leafs when the season finally got going.

Yup.  Concussion issues.

Kinda worried that the Marlies will slip out of the playoffs once he does get called up.

All for the greater glory I s'pose.

Anyone think Rielly will play a year for the Marlies, or will he go straight to the NHL?

I don't think that he can go to the Marlies next year, pretty sure he will still be too young. So unless he gets 1 more year of WHL and then still doesn't make the line up, he will not be an AHL player

I don't think that he can go to the Marlies next year, pretty sure he will still be too young. So unless he gets 1 more year of WHL and then still doesn't make the line up, he will not be an AHL player

yes I guess he will only be 19, so juniors or Leafs.

Would love to see him at the world juniors as a 19 yr old, but I have a feeling he will make the Leafs (to much tallent)

Have to say it's been a pretty disappointing season from quite a few Marlies this year. Even with the NHLers eventually going up and getting more ice time because of it, a lot of guys have really dropped off the map. What happened to Mike Zigomanis, Carter Ashton, Jesse Blacker, Mark Owuya, Nicolas Deschamps, Brad Ross. Greg McKegg, Jerry D'Amigo? Practically half the team has struggled all year. It's amazing that they have managed to remain either at or near the top of their division all season. Big kudos need to go to Eakins. Hopefully at least a few of these guys can step it up, soon. It's gonna be interesting to see how Biggs plays on the team next year.

Ross and McKegg are rookies so it makes sense they aren't tearing it up in the AHL. Ashton is a guy we hoped to see more from but he is also still young and working the kinks out himself. Blacker hasn't been terrible. Not great, but not terrible.

Owuya is a guy we hoped to step up and he hasn't. Same for Deschamps. Zigomanis is whatever since he's not a guy I expect to see with the Leafs again.

Soon we'll get to see what Rielly can do at the AHL level and that's super exciting.

Morgan Rielly to be a Marlie this year maybe?

2012 first round pick Morgan Rielly and the WHL's Moose Jaw Warriors will have their season ended prematurely, as the Warriors were eliminated from any postseason possibilities over the weekend.

Moose Jaw plays their final game on March 16th against the Brandon Wheat Kings, after which Rielly would be free to join the Toronto Marlies.

There is an outside chance the organization would choose to bring him to the Leafs, but that would kick in the first year of Rielly's three year entry-level contract and add defenseman to an already stockpiled blueline.

If the Leafs assign Rielly to the Marlies, his entry-level deal will not kick in and he would have the benefit of valuable pro experience under the tutelage of Dallas Eakins for the remainder of the AHL season, giving him an advantage going into next year's training camp.

This would be very kewl indeed!

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/Mike-Augello/Leafs-Trade-Brown-To-Oilers-Rielly-Marlie-Bound/120/49704

Hadn't realize it was that time of the year already. The lockout makes it feel like it's not.

Anyway, Rielly on the Marlies would certainly be nice. They could use an influx of some additional talent to make up for all they've lost to the Leafs. On that note, they can also have Kostka back.