Sign in to follow this  
HBCYG

CFL Thread

BC Lions got picked apart by Mike Reilly and the Edmonton Eskimos on Saturday and it only took a few minutes in the 4th quarter.

The Lions couldn't defend against the Edmonton receivers who never dropped a single pass in the last quarter.  Everything the Eskimos tried, worked to perfection against the Lions.  It was men against boys and I thought they made BC look pretty bad.  I wonder if Wally Buono is nearing the end of his time in Vancouver?  Might be time to clear the air.

4 hours ago, HBCYG said:

Whoever signed off on that Anthem, shouldn't have.

The warmups was awkward and terrible, but anthem itself was fine. Imo, Canadian anthem isn't one you can get overly creative with and turn it into a spectacular performance. Better just singing it or let crowd sing.

1 hour ago, HBCYG said:

Whoooaa. that finish. 

Game itself was good all around. Snow, halftime show, and back and forth scoring with Calgary really costing themselves.

I hope even more now that TFC can pull it off. BMO field home to 2 Champs simultaneously would be really special for the city.

24 minutes ago, majingir said:

The warmups was awkward and terrible, but anthem itself was fine. Imo, Canadian anthem isn't one you can get overly creative with and turn it into a spectacular performance. Better just singing it or let crowd sing.

The whole point is to just sing the damn song and get on with the game. Don't get overly creative with in and spend more  time than the actually song teaching people a choral intro that no one wants to participate in to begin with. 

Then they sang it like every early 90's camp counsellor to a group of inner city kids who already know how to tie one off but can't because they're there for healing...again, because they don't want to be there. 

It was shit. 

Edited by HBCYG

Kevin Glenn signs with Edmonton. this makes him only player in CFL history to have been part of every teams roster at some point(played for all but Toronto/Ottawa, but were on both their rosters at some point in his career)

Edited by majingir

Have never been to an Argos game at BMO Field before, but really thinking about doing so this year.

For anyone here who has been to one at BMO Field, or even another stadium that's similar to it, any suggestions on where to sit?

I see seats in the corner low down are available(section 111), but seeing how it looks on the virtual venue, even though it's right by the field, the view of the field itself doesn't seem great. 200 level gives better view of the field, such as section 219 and 220. Most in 100 levels look to be gone, minus the ones in the endzone.

And I know it won't be like in MLS, but are there any "fan zones" or just areas where you'll have diehard fans sitting and/or people chanting and banging drums all game long?

That Ricky Ray moment was scary. Down there for over 10 minutes, team huddled around him, paramedics present too. At first I thought it was just the typical injury, cart comes, takes the guy of the field. But it just kept going on and on with nothing happening, nobody in attendance knowing what's up. Even after I don't think people realized who was injured until they announced Franklin coming in. Jersey number counting to see no 15 standing is how some realized who was down. One of scariest injuries I've witnessed in person. Other being Overbay breaking his hand on a hit by pitch. You could hear that sound all around the stadium. If it's as bad as it looked, that could be it for his career.

Lighter side of this beyond blowout game, I managed to get the grey cup ring giveaway. Not even by going early like so many (especially ebay sellers) did. I just went casually before the game and got it. Most had 0 idea about the giveaway. Even some people in the tailgate party didn't realize it. People on ebay buying it for almost $100! I'm not selling that. One of coolest souvenirs I've gotten at a game. Looks like the real thing. Weighs a decent amount too.

151656d1529852665-pleasures-life-thread-

Edited by majingir