Sign in to follow this  
majingir

Which team?

NFL Team  

5 members have voted

1. 1. Which team should I start watching?

• Steelers
    • Giants
    • Patriots
    • Packers
    • Ravens

Aside from the Bills, I wanna like another team(and one that hasn't sucked for past 12+ years like the Bills). I'm not a huge football fan, but I do watch playoffs, play video game, and watch 1 or so football games majority of the 17 regular season weeks. This isn't a bandwaggon type of thing where I'm only gonna like a team if they're good, but I need a team to start watching cause watching football for me isn't like hockey, I can't enjoy football games unless I have a team to cheer for.

Of all the teams I found that air majority(if not all) their games on Canadian TV channels(meaning like CTV in timeshifting channels or on sportsnet,tsn2 ect.), 5 teams left.

Steelers, Giants, Pats, Packers, Ravens.

I also really want to start watching the NFL, but I need to find a team. You guys should find one for me.

Criteria: my whole family are Packers fans. I don't mind them and enjoy the community-owned aspect of the team, but I need to assess all my options. Also I don't really like their uniforms.
Things I do like: likeable players, cool team colours (I enjoy purple, but I think I'd be disowned if I were to cheer for the Vikings), non-racist/ridiculous names (looking at you, Redskins). Not a fan of cartoony logos. I have a soft spot for the Ravens due to their Edgar Allan Poe name and because I like purple, but I don't know anything about them beyond that.

Who should I cheer for??

The Ravens have the downfall of having a murderer on their team, but he's retiring.  You can't go wrong with a team like them or the Steelers.  They are always at least decent and the Ravens are even exciting lately with their receiving core. 

Seattle ain't purple, but they have the coolest uniforms in the league.  If you made me choose a new team today I'd go with Pittsburgh or Baltimore... which is wild because they hate each other.

Edit:  The Chargers have cool uni's too.  Maybe the most dissapointing team in the league (they beat out the Lions because no one expects the Lions to be anything but disappointing), but their baby blue with the white helmets are the shit.

Two things to start: fuck the Pats. Praise be to Mark Sanchez for being so sucky.

For full effects of going through all levels of teams in the NFL - good (Ravens) to bad (Lions - sorry TI) to surprising (Seattle) to constant mediocrity: Go Dolphins!

The Dolphins manage to look good at spells of some seasons, like the middle of this season. Then horrendous at other points (see week 17 vs Pats).

It is a sad fact, but I've said for years that the team just hasn't been good enough, pathing holes and not retaining our best players (Marshall, Welker, Williams/Brown combo...)

The Lions just suck all the time.

Just decided to go with teams where I knew bunch of players. So I went with Packers/Ravens. Realized that if I watched the Pats, Brady would really be main guy I cared bout on their team, but with other teams like Packers/Ravens, there's abunch of other guys I'd care bout on their teams.