Armster

Official Toronto Raptors Thread

Raptors only 4 games out of 8th spot. Who knows, if we're lucky, we might not even need to finish .500 to make playoffs?!?

26 games remaining, need to go 18-8 to finish the year .500.

13/26 of those remaining games are against teams below .500! 8 of those 13 comes in the next 12 games we play. So if we can go 8-4 in the next 12, that'd be great!

Still going with my prediction of 9-4 against teams below .500 and 5-8 against teams above .500.

If our draft pick is anywhere between 4-14, then we lose it. Right now, it's at 10th spot and doesn't look like it'll drop back in single digits. The pick will more than likely just be 10-12th which is still much better than the 8th pick we were gonna give up in 2012 in the exact same deal.

But unless we make playoffs every year until 2018(or end up with like 1st or 2nd  pick), the first time we don't,we lose it.

So might as well lose it now, cause if not, we won't be able to trade any future 1st round picks until at latest, 2019.

And last thing you'd want is making playoffs in 2013-2014 and then 2015 or something, we struggle and finish with 5th overall pick or something and lose that)

That's true, I hope theres a couple more major shake ups though this off-season. The Rudy Gay deal was a steal. Im confident going forward with Lowry, DeRozan and Gay the 1-3 but we need help in the post. Bargnani and Jonas doesn't cut it, Amir is solid but would be better coming off the bench and would on any playoff team. Someone like Roy Hibbert would be amazing but hes definitely not moving anywhere.

Both organizations have been a joke these past few years. Ever since the Raptors traded Carter for absolutely nothing. Finally showing signs of improvement with guys like Lowry, DeRozan, Gay, Ross, Jonas, and Amir. Im pretty disappointed with Fields this year. I thought he would have been a lot better.

Very winnable games coming up. Washington tonight and the Cavs Wednesday. Then we play the Pacers who we have played very well against this season, and then a huge game versus Milwaukee Saturday. Sucks we need to play them on the road as the second half of a back to back but hopefully we can dig deep for that one.

lol, is it sad that our current win% is 8th highest(of 18 seasons) in franchise history.

There's no way we get into that 7th spot. People thought Celtics would drop after Rondo got injured, but they are playing basically the same as before.

Only realistic shot of making playoffs is 8th spot assuming the 8th spot is below .500 like it is right now. Raptors currently 9th in the east. We face Bucks 2 more times, so winning those 2 games could very well put us in that 8th position.

There is no question the two games against the Bucks are make or break. Hopefully we can take 2 of 3 this next week before we play them. We've played well against the Pacers so 3 of 3 isn't totally out of the question. I'm being greedy now. But if the Raps can somehow take the next 3 and then beat the Bucks, we could be like 1 game back by next week..

Last night was horrible. One of the worst games I've seen them play all year. Granted I was flipping back and forth between that and the Leafs but from what I saw, it wasn't pretty. Seemed like they got a little ahead of themselves. Hopefully they can regroup in a big way against the Cavs. Can still do some damage if they manage to take the next 2 and then beat the Bucks.

I'd like to see Casey start using JV/Ross a bit more. Mostly Ross. Get him some PT and help him develop because the front office is gonna have to decide what they have at the wing with Ross/DD/Rudy and may have to move DD. But they can't do that if they have no clue what they have in Ross

I was pretty frustrated last night actually when Ross was in at the beginning of the fourth quarter, made a 3, and then all of the sudden he was on the bench again? The kid can get hot from behind the line and could have made a difference in the game. I don't understand the hard-on for Allen Anderson, who either has it some nights or he doesn't

I was pretty frustrated last night actually when Ross was in at the beginning of the fourth quarter, made a 3, and then all of the sudden he was on the bench again? The kid can get hot from behind the line and could have made a difference in the game. I don't understand the hard-on for Allen Anderson, who either has it some nights or he doesn't

Exactly! In 40 games Anderson has played, only 13 have had FG% ABOVE .400! So how can Raptors be playing a guy consistently, if about 70% of his games, his shooting is terrible?

And Gay needs to change something up. Minus his rookie season, this is his only other season in his career where he's shooting below .450. It's great that he can hit clutch shots and get 20PPG, but if he's shooting like .400 most of those games, that does obviously mean less points than he should be getting

A BIG part of our shooting struggles has to be with John Townsend(our shooting coach). This is his 2nd season with Raptors, and it's no shock that this is our 2nd season with terrible shooting. We haven't shot this badly(from 2011-2013) since 03-04 season.