Armster

Official Toronto Raptors Thread

1 hour ago, §andman said:

I've probably been the biggest Raptors supporter on here over the years. This is basically my thread so you can kindly GTFO outta here. :) 

Big deal.

I'm sure Calico dated James Naismith's great aunt or something.

Either that or he invented the peach basket.

@ maj

you also have to keep in mind that a lot of the people shitting on the Raps fans for last night, also believe that the dude in the front row who was waving goodbye to KD deserved to get the shit kicked out of him.

let's recap: many fans think that cheering an injury is deplorable behaviour. many of those same fans believe that assaulting those who booed/gestured towards him is an appropriate response - aka, many fans are cheering for this man/men to be injured. let that sink in.

the hypocrisy is strong and the self awareness is non existent. don't waste your time reading that shit. stay off social media, stay off reddit for a few days. it'll blow over

12 hours ago, Mantis Toboggan said:

@ maj

you also have to keep in mind that a lot of the people shitting on the Raps fans for last night, also believe that the dude in the front row who was waving goodbye to KD deserved to get the shit kicked out of him.

let's recap: many fans think that cheering an injury is deplorable behaviour. many of those same fans believe that assaulting those who booed/gestured towards him is an appropriate response - aka, many fans are cheering for this man/men to be injured. let that sink in.

the hypocrisy is strong and the self awareness is non existent. don't waste your time reading that shit. stay off social media, stay off reddit for a few days. it'll blow over

That guy waving goodbye to KD was the same one who performed at the half too.

Being said, no fanbase is pure class. Idiots are everywhere. Let it blow over and focus on winning this thing in 6. That’s all that matters.

It'll blow over just like it did when the minority owner of the Warriors abused Kyle Lowry when he ended up.in the crowd.

Jesus. It was a bad look for a small portion of the fanbase. The reaction to the fans that were cheering is totally insane both by some here and many elsewhere. Fucking chill the fuck out.   It was not a representative sample size of the entire country or even Raps fans.

It's pretty disgusting bro. 

It wasn't a vocal minority, that was a stadium full that only stopped after the players told them to chill. 

The other side is guilty of their own disgusting shit. Anyone who thinks Rap fans should be beat up is fucked. 

I'm not sure why we're pretending it is anything but disgusting. All of it. 

26 minutes ago, Raiden said:

It wasn't a vocal minority, that was a stadium full that only stopped after the players told them to chill. 

The other side is guilty of their own disgusting shit. Anyone who thinks Rap fans should be beat up is fucked. 

It’s really not that disgusting. It was the wrong decision, but calling it disgusting is an exaggeration. He got hurt, they felt like their team now has an advantage and they cheered. They then chanted his name after their poor decision was pointed out to them. Mistakes happen, life goes on. All these cries calling it disgusting just goes to show the pussified world we live in. 

1 hour ago, Raiden said:

LMAO.  Where were you when the Warriors owner laid his hands on Lowry?

Go to bed you need some rest.

34 minutes ago, Mantis Toboggan said:

It’s really not that disgusting. It was the wrong decision, but calling it disgusting is an exaggeration. He got hurt, they felt like their team now has an advantage and they cheered. They then chanted his name after their poor decision was pointed out to them. Mistakes happen, life goes on. All these cries calling it disgusting just goes to show the pussified world we live in. 

I'm not sure there isn't a fanbase whose initial emotional reaction wouldn't be to cheer.  I know that most fanbases certainly wouldn't have chanted his name.

I think you’d cry if you knew what is said in Europe during soccer matches, to both fans and players. Like mantis said - he got hurt, fans figured it helps out the team, so they cheered and then when he actually walked off they clapped for him and chanted his name. So whatever, get over it.

If Leonard gets hurt tomorrow - same shit will happen.

1 hour ago, brocto said:

I think you’d cry if you knew what is said in Europe during soccer matches, to both fans and players. Like mantis said - he got hurt, fans figured it helps out the team, so they cheered and then when he actually walked off they clapped for him and chanted his name. So whatever, get over it.

If Leonard gets hurt tomorrow - same shit will happen.

It already happened in GSW 2 (?) years ago when Zaza stepped on Kawhi and injured him.

1 hour ago, §andman said:

Does it rain everytime the Raps play? 😂

And happens to be one of coldest days of the week too.

Its supposed to rain most of time from now until Sunday, hopefully stopping by evening.

They said Jurassic park could be moved inside if weather is too bad.

What I dont get is why not do this regardless? So many fanbases out there let fans inside for big games. You're telling me that if you opened up the arena for a road game that you won't be making money from people buying food and drinks? More than enough to offset cost of having people working. Even a $1 entry fee would more than cover it.

Edited by majingir

2 minutes ago, Raiden said:

It's a good point. 

Why not open the arena up, have JP as consolation prize to those that didn't make it inside the arena. 

Or even just for the free crowd.

Pay to get in(just nothing ridiculous, $5 or $10 max), free for outside. You'd think MLSE out of anyone would've realized this. Make MORE money and have fans who are WILLING to pay. 

No need to have a double JP the street behind where fans aren't even watching the game on the arena screen(but instead watching it on what looked like projection screens).

Face it, if it were the Leafs, you know they wouldnt think twice in this moment.