33 minutes ago, Anger Management said:

Isn't HHH in charge of Development in the NXT Brand? or did someone new step in last i heard was HHH.

HHH is the guy in charge, and has done great things in NXT. It's "Vinces guys" up on main roster that hurt things. Though even some of HHHs guys aren't the best either on main roster. The types of exchanges people in higher up positions have with fans on social media is messed up. People aren't happy about shows, they'll say something. Then someone in charge might reply back and give tweets insulting them and/or being like "if you don't like it, don't watch".

Crazy part about all this is that despite peoples feeling about the stuff happening on TV/PPVs, this is technically the biggest boom period in wrestling history. WWE stock is worth over $65 a share! McMahon has a net worth over 2 billion(double his previous highest). And of course, they obviously are doing well if they can land a 5 year deal to air live 2 hour Smackdowns on FOXs main network every single week.

Edited by majingir

The way NXT is being run is fine. It's when they get to the main roster we see talent being misused by bad booking decisions. Like what they did to Asuka having her lose to Charlotte at Mania by way of a weak submission, and then have her lose to Carmella after a botched kick (in which they made the distraction by Ellsworth look awful too).

That's just a small example. There are a lot of good talent on the main roster being wasted because of it.

23 hours ago, Devin Weston said:

The way NXT is being run is fine. It's when they get to the main roster we see talent being misused by bad booking decisions. Like what they did to Asuka having her lose to Charlotte at Mania by way of a weak submission, and then have her lose to Carmella after a botched kick (in which they made the distraction by Ellsworth look awful too).

That's just a small example. There are a lot of good talent on the main roster being wasted because of it.

Utilization of their main roster is beyond horrible. Unfortunately in WWEs mind, their solution is to make shows LONGER (4 hours PPVs are a regular thing now!). Their TV shows have multiple 10-20 minute matches that have 1-2 commercial breaks during those matches! You don't need to make shows longer to fit more superstars, you need to make matches shorter and have more quality superstars. To WWE, quantity > quality. If they could, they'd probably air some 24 hour marathon.

Cesaro/Sheamus, Joe, Benjamin, Dillinger, Roode, Elias all haven't had matches in at least 2 weeks now. Roode has been placed on the D show! Benjamin and Dillinger are among guys who have had just 2 matches in the past 2 months.

They need to just have 5-10 minute matches in a single segment(no commercials), matches that help build feuds, and moments beyond just matches, social media and backstage interviews that can help promote a feud. Just too bad they won't be changing anything anytime soon. It's not a single person being removed that'll fix anything. They need a complete overhaul on the way things are being done, because they've had the same cookie cutter formula for their shows the past several years.

The thing about WWE I enjoy the most right now is the fact that I'm watching old AE shows. So much better quality. Even if you take the edginess out of it, the feuds and stories are still done so well.

Edited by majingir

Jim Neidhart passed away.

That makes 4 of the 5 Hart Foundation members from 97 who are now gone (Pillman, Owen, Bulldog and now Neidhart).

Joins August string of wrestling deaths which included Grandmaster Sexay and Nikolai Volkoff.

Edited by majingir

On 8/21/2018 at 1:06 AM, majingir said:

Big news!

Summerslam 2019 is reportedly coming to Toronto! Not just that, but it will be happening at Rogers Centre! 2nd ever stadium Summerslam ever, joining the iconic 92 SS at Wembley.

I'd be more excited if booking these days wasn't so shit.

But yeah, it's nice to see Summerslam potentially coming to Toronto next year. Perhaps this means they're setting the stage for another Wrestlemania happening there? I guess we'll see what happens from there.

Edited by Devin Weston

Another WWE decision that's sure to draw big controversy.

They announced the all womens PPV and it's gonna be a stacked card which is all great. However, just days later they're hosting another event in Saudi Arabia (aka country where women have no rights and WWEs own women aren't allowed to compete).

It was already controversial when they had the event there a few months back, but there's sure to be backlash if people put pieces together and realize WWE likely only had this all womens PPV because of their Saudi Arabia show that same week.

Constable Corbin definitely needs to GTFO....Monday's RAW was the worst ever written crazy drug induced storyline ever done since The Ultimate Warriors Spots(Inaudible ramblings).  The Shield arrest blooper was comic gold only a true fan would pick up on. Bella Twins need to retire and after Brie's blotches in the rope jumps that just re-inforces that some superstars still need to practice b4 coming back into a regular wrestling role.  The Dolph and Drew Tag match where they won the titles were probably the best match there even tho they basically screwed the Revival of a title match....mind ya all this is on Corbin tho.

Actually, I kinda appreciate having Corbin acting as a supposed "authority figure" and I think he's doing a good job with the gimmick FWIW.

Having Brie return with Bryan to equal the odds against Miz & Maryse is passable, but having her tag with Bryan? Nah, she'd be better off managing Bryan in a rematch against Miz at Hell in a Cell just to make sure Maryse doesn't pull anything. Only just that match though, then drop her from managing Bryan afterwards.

Braun turning heel was a real head scratcher to the majority of the fans. He's been so over as a monster face that WWE could've taken the ball and run with it if, but nope, that's not in their plans. Roman is the face of the company and they'll continue to push him as such. What should've happened instead is have Strowman cash in at the PPV, build up towards the match, then have someone interfere to help Roman win the match (Authors of Pain would've been a great fit with him imo). Strowman loses, but at least it protects him this way. Not to mention having a pissed off Braun Strowman afterwards would add more heat to the feud as they build towards their next meeting.

I will say that I'm enjoying the AJ Styles vs Samoa Joe feud the most and that'll be the match I'm looking forward to.

1 hour ago, Devin Weston said:

Actually, I kinda appreciate having Corbin acting as a supposed "authority figure" and I think he's doing a good job with the gimmick FWIW.

Having Brie return with Bryan to equal the odds against Miz & Maryse is passable, but having her tag with Bryan? Nah, she'd be better off managing Bryan in a rematch against Miz at Hell in a Cell just to make sure Maryse doesn't pull anything. Only just that match though, then drop her from managing Bryan afterwards.

Braun turning heel was a real head scratcher to the majority of the fans. He's been so over as a monster face that WWE could've taken the ball and run with it if, but nope, that's not in their plans. Roman is the face of the company and they'll continue to push him as such. What should've happened instead is have Strowman cash in at the PPV, build up towards the match, then have someone interfere to help Roman win the match (Authors of Pain would've been a great fit with him imo). Strowman loses, but at least it protects him this way. Not to mention having a pissed off Braun Strowman afterwards would add more heat to the feud as they build towards their next meeting.

I will say that I'm enjoying the AJ Styles vs Samoa Joe feud the most and that'll be the match I'm looking forward to.

Braun teaming up with Ziggler and MacIntyre is kind of like a powder keg waiting to explode...maybe they are using Braun to push Ziggler and MacIntyre to better things which i hope, Brie Bella needs to hone her skills again and last night watching Nikki perform was quite refreshing she still has the moves and executes them well.   Riott Squad is heading for an inevitable break-up, and Ruby doing more singles competition, and Liv Morgan and Sarah Morgan joining the proposed new women's tag team belts (rumour not confirmed yet). I wish they would push the Women's Evolution PPV there is rumours that it isn't sold out yet and that is concerning to the WWE.

On 9/11/2018 at 5:31 PM, Anger Management said:

Braun teaming up with Ziggler and MacIntyre is kind of like a powder keg waiting to explode...maybe they are using Braun to push Ziggler and MacIntyre to better things which i hope, Brie Bella needs to hone her skills again and last night watching Nikki perform was quite refreshing she still has the moves and executes them well.   Riott Squad is heading for an inevitable break-up, and Ruby doing more singles competition, and Liv Morgan and Sarah Morgan joining the proposed new women's tag team belts (rumour not confirmed yet). I wish they would push the Women's Evolution PPV there is rumours that it isn't sold out yet and that is concerning to the WWE.

Ziggler and MacIntyre doesn't need Braun to help push them as they are already good in their own right, nor does Braun need to align himself with them in his feud against Roman Reigns. Braun was doing superb as a monster face until WWE halted his momentum with the heel turn.

As unfortunate as it is, the Women's Evolution PPV is there to provide a distraction from the fact they're returning to Saudi Arabia.