Sign in to follow this  
majingir

The Official UFC Thread

Stann-Silva fight was crazy. Action from start to finish! lol, and Silva trying to fix his gear after Stann low blowed him twice.

Montreal with next PPV in just under 2 weeks, Toronto with one likely in September, and Winnipeg getting an event in June.

So 1 event per quarter it seems. So I'm guessing Vancouver or something gets a PPV in December

I don't like him because he doesn't show any respect to his opponents, yet whines that he doesn't get any respect.

The press conference was far from funny.....Diaz looked to be completely stoned, the guy could barely form a coherrent sentence.

Wolf tickets????   Oh, I get it the UFC is just marketing the product and not putting up the actual best fighters, like he apparently thinks he is.    Even calling into question the judging, how it is one sided towards GSP's style and not the correct style of MMA.

The guy is a complete douch bag, and I look forward to GSP standing with him, beating him to a pulp, and then watch as Dana kicks him out of the UFC.

My favourite was instead of saying he stopped using weed when asked how he will avoid a suspension for it this time he turns it into a they don't even test here because gsp uses roids

Did you happen to catch the look on GSP's face when Diaz made that insinuation?

I think Diaz is going to wish the person who held the gun to his head pulled the trigger after Saturday night.

I hope Kim Winslow is ref (she won't be) cause she stands everyone up after like 5 seconds of not working to improve position.

I wouldn't be surprised if GSP stood with Diaz anyway.    He'll stand with him, make him miss, take him down.....it will be worse than what he did to Koscheck.

Did you happen to catch the look on GSP's face when Diaz made that insinuation?

I think Diaz is going to wish the person who held the gun to his head pulled the trigger after Saturday night.

I wouldn't be surprised if GSP stood with Diaz anyway.    He'll stand with him, make him miss, take him down.....it will be worse than what he did to Koscheck.

If GSP tries to stand with Diaz he will die.

Frank shamrock on fighting nick Diaz.... "I was going to take him down and submit him... Then I got punched in the face 300 times"

GSP might plan on standing up, but when he starts getting hit hell react and his reaction, for a lack of a better term is to lay and pray. He's probably going to win, but nick Diaz isn't some piece of shit to shove aside. He's unarguably a top 5 welterweight in the world. Look at his record, it's insane. Maybe some of you that don't follow MMA outside of the UFC don't realize it, but the guy is an absolute tank.

There is no doubt about Diaz's skill.....and no he is not some piece of shit to shove aside.

But the guy has zero respect for his opponents.  

I looked at his record and it is impressive.....but when you look at the guys he's lost too, and look at GSP's record you'll find that GSP has beaten most of the guys the Diaz has lost too.

The Frank Shamrock quote is interesting......Shamrock had no business being in the ring with DIaz, but some guys just don't know when to quit......heck, Shamrock lost to Chun Lee prior to his fight with Diaz, and Chun Lee has looked nothing like the promotional videos the UFC used to build him up.

It is funny, the term 'lay and pray'......I don't find it should be used in the same context as what Diaz was using.   To me, GSP will lay on Diaz, and Diaz will pray that the beatings are stopped by the ref.    Sort of like what GSP did to Serra, or to a lesser degree Koscheck. 

I understand trying to sell the game, that's fine and good, but Diaz does nothing to sell the game.   He simply antagonizes his opponents, shows them no respect, and when he loses to a decision he whines that they shouldn't use such a device in MMA.....I guess he forgot about his decision against BJ Penn, a fighter GSP destroyed the last time they fought.

Heck, Diaz was also insulting Condit with his words (perhaps unknowingly).....and Condit beat him too!

I look forward to Saturday.   It will be interesting to see (win/lose) if Diaz shows some measure of respect to GSP after the fight.

There is no doubt about Diaz's skill.....and no he is not some piece of shit to shove aside.

But the guy has zero respect for his opponents.  

I looked at his record and it is impressive.....but when you look at the guys he's lost too, and look at GSP's record you'll find that GSP has beaten most of the guys the Diaz has lost too.

The Frank Shamrock quote is interesting......Shamrock had no business being in the ring with DIaz, but some guys just don't know when to quit......heck, Shamrock lost to Chun Lee prior to his fight with Diaz, and Chun Lee has looked nothing like the promotional videos the UFC used to build him up.

It is funny, the term 'lay and pray'......I don't find it should be used in the same context as what Diaz was using.   To me, GSP will lay on Diaz, and Diaz will pray that the beatings are stopped by the ref.    Sort of like what GSP did to Serra, or to a lesser degree Koscheck. 

I understand trying to sell the game, that's fine and good, but Diaz does nothing to sell the game.   He simply antagonizes his opponents, shows them no respect, and when he loses to a decision he whines that they shouldn't use such a device in MMA.....I guess he forgot about his decision against BJ Penn, a fighter GSP destroyed the last time they fought.

Heck, Diaz was also insulting Condit with his words (perhaps unknowingly).....and Condit beat him too!

I look forward to Saturday.   It will be interesting to see (win/lose) if Diaz shows some measure of respect to GSP after the fight.

I don't even know where to start with this...

1) Diaz has one loss in almost 7 years, and it was a very arguable decision against Condit who almost finished GSP in their fight... and we all know that MMAth doesn't work, and it can't be used as a reference to anything

2) Frank Shamrock lost to "Chun" Le because his arm snapped... and he was actually winning the fight before that happened. He was also destroying Renzo Gracie before he got DQ'd for a rule that by all accounts he was never told existed. He was legit his entire career and he's one of the most underrated fighters of all time... Nick Diaz made him look like a dude off the street.

3) GSP didn't finish BJ Penn, BJ quit... and it's nothing to be ashamed of... in fact, only Matt Hughes has stopped BJ with strikes over the course of his entire career. Nick demoralized BJ like no one else, safe for maybe Rory MacDonald. GSP frustrated him and significantly out pointed him, but Diaz made him want to retire.

4) Diaz doesn't respect anyone, it's a well known fact... he grew up in a neighbourhood where you basically look out for you and yours, and that's why the only people he'll never ever ever insult are his brother and Cesar Gracie. He speaks pretty highly of the people he trains with, but all bets would be off if they ever left the Cesar Gracie Academy. He has a "me against the world" mentality and it's never going to change... he talks shit because it works, and it's working against GSP.

5) He complains about decisions even when he wins by them, which is only 5 times in his 26 wins. For example, in his win over KJ Noons he called him out for refusing to engage and not allowing him to finish the fight. He shows up to fight and he genuinely isn't interested in whether he wins or loses. He said he woud fight Anderson Silva, knowing full well that he would get his ass handed to him. He's a fighter, he's there to fight and get his check.

6) I still think GSP will win, but it's going to be by taking Diaz down and controlling the pace. Which means there won't be much action because Diaz has arguably the best offensive guard in MMA.