Sign in to follow this  
majingir

The Official UFC Thread

Speaking of WWE, turns out this McGregor stuff was a WWE styled story.

Backstage altercation involving one of their top guys going crazy and throwing stuff/breaking part of a bus. The "evil boss" comes down hard on the star that he's feuding with and has him taken away by police. Talks about how he crossed a line and will never fight for the company again. Months later that boss puts that guy in a fight against someone who's not only undefeated, but whose bus was involved in that altercation. And in the promo package for the fight, footage from that "100% real" altercation was used.

At least WWE admits they're scripted.

Edited by majingir

1 hour ago, majingir said:

Speaking of WWE, turns out this McGregor stuff was a WWE styled story.

Backstage altercation involving one of their top guys going crazy and throwing stuff/breaking part of a bus. The "evil boss" comes down hard on the star that he's feuding with and has him taken away by police. Talks about how he crossed a line and will never fight for the company again. Months later that boss puts that guy in a fight against someone who's not only undefeated, but whose bus was involved in that altercation. And in the promo package for the fight, footage from that "100% real" altercation was used.

At least WWE admits they're scripted.

1. Dana didn't have Conor taken away by police. Conor left and then turned himself in on his own because there was a warrant out for his arrest. He just recently plead no contest to a charge of disorderly conduct and has to do 5 days community service. Unless you think the NYPD was in on this too.

2. Dana was never feuding with Conor, and never said he will never fight for the company again. He didn't come down hard on Conor at all. There was literally no punishment from the UFC. Anyone who follows the UFC was laughing about how he refused to say that, considering he's cut other people from the promotion for far less. Dana knows Conor is too much of a draw to banish him from the UFC. He's a businessman, first and foremost.

3. It wasn't Khabibs bus, it was a UFC bus that had many fighters on it (everyone who was fighting out of the blue or red corner). The whole point of the altercation was because Khabib went after one of Conors teammates/friends, basically threatening him. Conor didn't like it, brought his own gang, and responded this way.

4. Multiple fights were cancelled that night as a result of injuries caused by the glass breaking from the dolly Conor threw. One of the fighters who was injured said he has a lawsuit open against Conor because of that. But those hurt fighters are just false flags, also playing along, right?

at least make an attempt to get the facts straight. chances are it wasn't scripted at all. i would put money on it not being scripted. but you're an idiot if you don't think Dana White had the biggest boner possible now because of this. he knew it would be a great way to promote the fight.

Edited by Mantis Toboggan

6 minutes ago, TieClark said:

Basically. The fight was going to happen anyways and Conor went a bit too far doing what he does 

It’s mostly just surprising that people actually thought Dana was disgusted about it. He probably couldn’t have been more excited. Generated a ton of interest leading up to that event, and then set up the perfect storyline for his next big fight. 

Sure, it cost him 3 fights on that card, but nobody was buying that card for Lobov/Chiesa/Borg. That card lost buyers as soon as Ferguson and Holloway dropped out. 

Edited by Mantis Toboggan

Should buy a ticket for 231 regardless. I went to the Ottawa one 2 years ago - card was shit, but the event around the fights during the day were awesome, chatting with cowboy and punching bags with wideman was fun..

2 hours ago, Mantis Toboggan said:

i'm not dedicated enough to justify how much a ticket will cost unless there's some fights i really want to see. i'm a fan, but i'm not a hardcore fan.

Ufc 206 was a real good time, but that card ended up being amazing