Rockweiler

Cellphone thoughts...

I kinda wish my wife and I had waited a couple more months before getting our new phones. I would have gone with the Pixel 2 without a doubt. I love the (almost) automatic Google translate option with the google buds.

On 10/9/2017 at 9:55 PM, Mitch Mattlander said:

Or have it powered by a decade old SOC. I'm going for the 845 in the OnePlus 6 or if I can't wait, I'll pickup the Pixel 2 XL.

I've got my eye on the new OnePlus 6 too, although I'll wait for price and reviews.  My Nexus 5X is on borrowed time so I'm hoping it can last until the new year.

I've traditionally always gone with Nexus, but after my experience with the 5 and 5X (mostly hardware, thanks LG) and the discontinuation of the no-frills Nexus line I'm ready to switch.

I think OnePlus does a good job of offering the stock Android experience and having OS verison upgrades relatively quickly after release.

On 10/9/2017 at 7:55 PM, Debaser said:

Lol blackberry. Give me a break. There's a reason they're completely irrelevant. I'd rather not lose 50 percent of my screen real estate for the inconvenience of using a slower input method

Meh. I'm the type of person who likes dials, switches and buttons on things.

Android qwerty is what I wanted, and BB is the only one in the market that's new. Still very happy with my decision.

Besides, you live in Buffalo, what would you know about nice things?