tbnl

Drinking Thread: Oak Casked Edition

On 9/8/2018 at 5:28 PM, Tristan28 said:

Any tequila drinkers on here? Lookin for an opinion on Patrol Anjeto vs Patron Resposado. Hoping someone has had both and can describe the taste differences.

always go for the Anejo or extra anejo when it comes to Tequilla it will be smoother and taste better 

Hoyne Brewery, in Victoria BC, makes two fantastic brews -- Dark Matter and Helios Dortmunder Golden Lager.  Although they're both decent out of a bottle, the best experience is when ordering on tap.

I don't doubt they have more great brews, but so far, they're the only two I'm sampled.

On 2/6/2019 at 11:42 PM, Al Nadir said:

Hoyne Brewery, in Victoria BC, makes two fantastic brews -- Dark Matter and Helios Dortmunder Golden Lager.  Although they're both decent out of a bottle, the best experience is when ordering on tap.

I don't doubt they have more great brews, but so far, they're the only two I'm sampled.

You get four Winds or Strange fellows out there? They've been mostly killing it lately.

..... ....

Howe Sound has a killer winter ale and a smaller place called Callister made a Peanut Butter and Jelly Stout.

Going full west coast hipster, one of my favorite microbreweries Called Super flux is expanding into their own tasting room finally so my posts are going to start getting a little more messy moving forward.

13 hours ago, HBCYG said:

You get four Winds or Strange fellows out there? They've been mostly killing it lately.

..... ....

Howe Sound has a killer winter ale and a smaller place called Callister made a Peanut Butter and Jelly Stout.

Going full west coast hipster, one of my favorite microbreweries Called Super flux is expanding into their own tasting room finally so my posts are going to start getting a little more messy moving forward.

Never seen the Four Winds or Strange Fellows out here.  I'll look look out for them, but I don't recall seeing them.

I've had the Howe Sound winter ale; haven't seen Calister.

There's a place a microbrewery/put in town called the, Beach Fire Nosh House.  I know some places outside of town have picked up their brews as they've won some local awards for craftmanship or something.

On a more personal note, I've been loving these every so often...

cannery-brewing-thornless-blackberry-por

14 hours ago, TuckerIntensity said:

Good old Revvy. I could sit behind the green on hole six and watch the Columbia all day.

Every time I go through the south Passage (ahem) I be sure to stop in. 

Edited by HBCYG