Sign in to follow this  
Fartface ticklepants

The Recycled, Regurgitated Peyton Manning Discussion Thread.

Peyton is the greatest QB i've ever seen. I never saw Montana but I've seen a lot of highlights and understand that he's 4-0 in Superbowls. I also realize he had a fucking stacked team that continued to win once he left. Peyton had Marvin and Edge for a bit. O-line was mediocre, run D sucked and pass D was mediocre.

Manning had a very good or great O line most of his career. Manning's Broncos were just as good as most of Montana's 49ers. Difference is montana came through. Just like Tom Brady had a stacked team the year they went 16-0 and all the way to the Superbowl. Brady didn't suck in that SB but wasn't great and they lost. 49ers do not win those SB's without Montana.

And yes the niners won another SB after Montana but that's because another GREAT QB took his place in Steve Young.

As for watching them play well I've watched alot of old Superbowls and old games. But as for watching them play live the best I have seen are Aaron Rodgers, Brett Favre and Tom Brady have easily been the most impressive QB's to watch. The throws Rdogers makes are out of this world.

It's incredible how religious Manning fans are. you can't even dare say he isn't the greatest without being accused of ''wanting to suck the greatest''

It does seem like a sin talking anything bad about him. I remember watching Michael Irvin on the NFL network and he was asked about Mannings mediocre performance lately and he was visibly afraid to say anything bad. Ended up passing on the subject. It was weird

You're being accused of it because you keep saying "my friend" never Montana. And because this conversation, as always, is asinine.

But, as always, the facts are ignored when they cripple the argument. Mediocre? That makes Brady mediocre in the playoffs as well. Brees too. And John Elway. Put Steve Young on the list, who is apparently all world with a playoff rating lower than Manning who is mediocre.

Should I ask Richard Sherman if he's more our less mediocre than Crabtree?

Peyton is the greatest QB i've ever seen. I never saw Montana but I've seen a lot of highlights and understand that he's 4-0 in Superbowls. I also realize he had a fucking stacked team that continued to win once he left. Peyton had Marvin and Edge for a bit. O-line was mediocre, run D sucked and pass D was mediocre.

Yes but you once said Ray Lewis was the greatest linebacker of all time.

You're being accused of it because you keep saying "my friend" never Montana. And because this conversation, as always, is asinine.

But, as always, the facts are ignored when they cripple the argument. Mediocre? That makes Brady mediocre in the playoffs as well. Brees too. And John Elway. Put Steve Young on the list, who is apparently all world with a playoff rating lower than Manning who is mediocre.

Should I ask Richard Sherman if he's more our less mediocre than Crabtree?

Who are you replying to? I was clearly joking about Montana being my friend lol

And again I clearly said ''Manning is not a choker'' and I clearly put Manning in my all-time top 5. You translate this to me saying he is ''mediocre''

This proves that you are a buthurt Manning fan and can't accept anyone denying him as the best even with great evidence.

Manning QB rating takes a drop in the playoffs and if you look it up deeper his rating goes even lower further into the playoffs and especially in the Superbowl. Not saying he is a choker once again. But that he cannot compare to the greats like montana who's game rised as the games got more important and harder.

This season for example Manning had a top 5 defense with the Broncos, a solid O line, a good running game and plenty of weapons for the passing and screen game. Add home field advantage to this. Yet who looked the great QB during that game? Outside of his two picks that were almost punts lol Andrew Luck made the plays he needed to make his team win.

-Peyton Manning has 52 career 4th quarter game winning drives and 41 career 4th quarter comebacks IN THE REGULAR SEASON.

Playoffs: Only 1 career 4th quarter game winning drive and 1 career 4th quarter comeback despite having started 24 playoff games

-Tom Brady: 45 career 4th quarter game winning drives and 34 career 4t quarter comebacks so far in regular season play..

Playoffs: 8 career 4th quarter game winning drives and 5 career 4th quarter comebacks. And he's not done yet.

Manning had a very good or great O line most of his career. Manning's Broncos were just as good as most of Montana's 49ers. Difference is montana came through. Just like Tom Brady had a stacked team the year they went 16-0 and all the way to the Superbowl. Brady didn't suck in that SB but wasn't great and they lost. 49ers do not win those SB's without Montana.

And yes the niners won another SB after Montana but that's because another GREAT QB took his place in Steve Young.

As for watching them play well I've watched alot of old Superbowls and old games. But as for watching them play live the best I have seen are Aaron Rodgers, Brett Favre and Tom Brady have easily been the most impressive QB's to watch. The throws Rdogers makes are out of this world.

It's incredible how religious Manning fans are. you can't even dare say he isn't the greatest without being accused of ''wanting to suck the greatest''

Lol did you just compare the Broncos to the dynasty? Rice was better than Broncos whole WR core. Outside of Demaryious, Peyton made all of them good. Decker was god awful without him, sanders wasn't good.

Why does Brett Favre keep being mentioned? lol Peyton is a lot better. Rodgers right now is the best QB in the league but not career wise, yet. Brady is amazing but doesn't dominate games like Peyton. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. IMO it goes Peyton, Montana. A lot of people go Montana, Brady. Some people might say Gabbert.

It's just the nature of the sport.

When the team wins, the QB gets his junk polished.

When the team loses, the QB gets a kick in the junk.

That's how football rolls.

So manning has some sore junk.

Comes with the turf. Literally.

Lol did you just compare the Broncos to the dynasty? Rice was better than Broncos whole WR core. Outside of Demaryious, Peyton made all of them good. Decker was god awful without him, sanders wasn't good.

Strong fucking exageration right there lol. And what in the actual fuck are you talking about? JERRY RICE WAS NOT IN THE NFL YET BY THE TIME JOE MONTANA HAD WON 2 SUPERBOWLS. That's right Joe montana MVP of two Superbowls before Rice even played in the NFL.

LMAO. Strong. One of those two first Superbowl teams did not even have a 1000 yard receiver. Strong Manning fan we got here lol

Strong fucking exageration right there lol. And what in the actual fuck are you talking about? JERRY RICE WAS NOT IN THE NFL YET BY THE TIME JOE MONTANA HAD WON 2 SUPERBOWLS. That's right Joe montana MVP of two Superbowls before Rice even played in the NFL.

LMAO. Strong. One of those two first Superbowl teams did not even have a 1000 yard receiver. Strong Manning fan we got here lol

Its exaggeration but Rice is considered by most, if not all, to be the best ever and who does Peyton have?  And thanks for pointing out that Rice didn't play with Montana in the first two, I thought it was only one he missed.

Edited by Tmlrocks27

I would agree Rice is the best WR ever. Would probably have even greater numbers with today's rules.

But Manning has a stacked core. Sanders, Thomas and Thomas and Welker +Anderson who is quite the running back. With many weapons and a great offensive line Manning is in a good position in Denver. Similar to Brady in New England who had all those weapons.

Peyton: 69,691 yards, 530 td, 234 int, 65% completion, 17 seasons ( 1 injured)

Montana: 40,551 yards, 273 tds, 139 int, 63% completion, 16 seasons (1 injured)

I get that Montana has better playoff stats and superbowls.

Peytons reg season stats and the way he dominates the position is the reason why I feel hes the best. Its a team sport, Montana had better players around him than Peyton.

I would agree Rice is the best WR ever. Would probably have even greater numbers with today's rules.

But Manning has a stacked core. Sanders, Thomas and Thomas and Welker +Anderson who is quite the running back. With many weapons and a great offensive line Manning is in a good position in Denver. Similar to Brady in New England who had all those weapons.

Sorry but Sanders wasnt that good before manning. Welker is good but on a huge decline. Demaryious is a stud, he even did well with tebow. Julius is good but went undrafted and probably wouldn't have been that great without a superstar QB.

Edited by Tmlrocks27

No Montana had during a certain part of his career one better receiver than any of Mannings. But Manning had a greater core which is huge because opposing defenses cannot simply focus on your big weapon. I mean you can focus on one the Thomas's but the other will kill you or Welker can kill you or Sanders....etc.

Also you have to take into account the rules that became much friendlier towards the passing game during a good part of Manning and even Brady's career. Back in montana's day WR's were held and intefered with much more and QB's were not as protected.

Still Manning was the greater regular season QB but Montana the greater playoff+Superbowl and so Montana gets the edge.

As a Steelers fan I can tell ya Sanders was fucking good. He could be number one on teams that don't have an Antonio Brown.

I am also a Steelers fan and no he wasn't. He was underwhelming and lacked the mindset and attitude of being a pro player. He needed time to develop. He was also the 4th option last year behind Brown, Heath and Cotchery. Ben is great but Manning and maturity helped him emerge this year. 

Eric Decker is a shitty example of players that Peyton made though. The guy was nails with Tim fucking Tebow for a couple of years, great with Manning with two more, and then had to catch passes from the incredible duo of Geno Smith and the dog killer. He was also injured a bit this year. 

Uh no. Strong bashing a player after he left the team.

Sanders was maybe still maturing but you could clearly see he was full of skill and has great hands. It was evident he was going to be a star WR. And he was pretty much the second option before leaving for Denver. He was part of the big three or "Young Money Crew'' as they dubbed themselves (Wallace, Sanders and Brown).

After Wallace's departure he was the second option after Brown.