Sign in to follow this  
Fartface ticklepants

The Recycled, Regurgitated Peyton Manning Discussion Thread.

I didn't say people don't know who they are, I said people don't know their first names.  Think people know Rice's first name?  People also "know" who they are because they catch passes from Manning.  And let's not forget Anderson was behind Montee Ball on the depth chart when this season began. It took injuries to two different running backs for him to get a chance, but you want us to talk about what an amazing weapon he is when no one knew who the fuck he was 10 games ago?  Good lord.  I'm not sure Wes Welker knew his own name when he woke up this morning on what he thought was the moon.

You want to make it seem like Manning has this stacked offense when at the end of the day the only reason they look stacked, and they aren't, is because he's tossing them passes and running the show.  Meanwhile, a real stacked team over in New England and your all over dem QBs nuts like they are drizzled in crack laced honey.

Troy Aikman agrees with me and he's probably the best football analyst out there.

Troy Aikman got a concussion getting into the shower and put both his socks on his left foot this morning.  Him and Joe Buck might be the worst play by play team in the history of the NFL.

On the wonderful topic of QB rating...

Tony Romo has a better rating than Tom Brady.

Philip Rivers has the sixth best passer rating of all time.

Roethlisberger is eighth.

Jeff Garcia, Daunte Culpepper, Matt Schaub and Chad Pennington are all in the Top 15 all time.

Dan Marino and John Elway are not.

Troy Aikman barely creeps into the Top 50. 

He is .1 points ahead of Dave Krieg.

He sits 27 places behind David Garrard.

Jeff George rates higher than Johnny Unitas.

So does Elvis Grbac.

So does Byron Leftwich.

Jake Delhomme too.

Brad Johnson sits higher than all but one quarterback mentioned after Dan Marino.

That one quarterback isn't John Elway.

It's David Garrard.

Trent Green, Brian Greise and Bernie Kosar rate higher than anyone after Marino not named Garrard, too.

I didn't say people don't know who they are, I said people don't know their first names.  Think people know Rice's first name?  People also "know" who they are because they catch passes from Manning.  And let's not forget Anderson was behind Montee Ball on the depth chart when this season began. It took injuries to two different running backs for him to get a chance, but you want us to talk about what an amazing weapon he is when no one knew who the fuck he was 10 games ago?  Good lord.  I'm not sure Wes Welker knew his own name when he woke up this morning on what he thought was the moon.

You want to make it seem like Manning has this stacked offense when at the end of the day the only reason they look stacked, and they aren't, is because he's tossing them passes and running the show.  Meanwhile, a real stacked team over in New England and your all over dem QBs nuts like they are drizzled in crack laced honey.

Uh pretty sure they know their first names. Once again the fans I know know their first names. 

Anderson had an average of over 5 yards per carry. The fact he was behind on the depth chart not too long ago means shit. Plenty of players in all sports were far on the depth chart and showed how great they really were when given a chance. If you watched Anderson run you saw he was a fucking good running back.

But we do have to give credit to the offensive line for both the passing and running game. That's a very good offensive line Manning has. 

I'm all over Brady's nuts? Pretty sure I said Brady was not great in that SB with his stacked team. 

Explain how montana can greatly upgrade his numbers when he plays at on the biggest stage of all:

Year SB Tm Opp Cmp Att Yds TD Int Lng Rate Att Yds TD Lng Rec Yds TD Lng 1981 XVI SFO CIN 14 22 157 1 0 22 100.0 6 18 1 7 0 0 0 0 1984 XIX SFO MIA 24 35 331 3 0 40 127.2 5 59 1 19 0 0 0 0 1988 XXIII SFO CIN 23 36 357 2 0 44 115.2 4 13 0 11 0 0 0 0 1989 XXIV SFO DEN 22 29 297 5 0 38 147.6 2 15 0 10 0 0

And Manning can have great seasons with records and shit and then do what on the biggest stage? I mean a big record 55 TD pass season followed by a terrible Superbowl.

First of all, in the game right now he might be eighth.  All-time he's rated eighth. 

Secondly, whoever in the fuck brought up playoff performances, was it you?, pointed out Peyton's bad playoff QB rating.  One that is better than guys mentioned that came before.  Including Steve Young, Tom Brady and Drew Brees.  So if you want to believe it means everything, he's better in the playoffs than those three guys.  You also then have to believe that David Garrard is a Top 25 QB ever.

Have fun with that.

Troy Aikman got a concussion getting into the shower and put both his socks on his left foot this morning.  Him and Joe Buck might be the worst play by play team in the history of the NFL.

lol you must be drunk. I hate the Cowboys but I have to admit they are the best tandem when it comes to NFL coverage. Aikman knows his shit and Buck has a great play by play voice.

First of all, in the game right now he might be eighth.  All-time he's rated eighth. 

Secondly, whoever in the fuck brought up playoff performances, was it you?, pointed out Peyton's bad playoff QB rating.  One that is better than guys mentioned that came before.  Including Steve Young, Tom Brady and Drew Brees.  So if you want to believe it means everything, he's better in the playoffs than those three guys.  You also then have to believe that David Garrard is a Top 25 QB ever.

Have fun with that.

Woah lol what? Who do you rank in front of Big Ben in the current NFL? 

So it's Montana and then Manning?  That's what you're saying?  If that's what you're saying everyone will shut it.

But then you go on about one game.  After going on about QB rating but now won't talk about it when you find out he has a better playoff rating than Brady.  Now you want to talk about one playoff game against one of the best defenses the game has seen.  You can cherry pick games and stats all you want, but at the end of the day all the statistics add up to Manning being one of, if not the, greatest quarterback of all-time. 

Also once again when did I say Peyton had a ''bad'' playoff rating? I just said his play lowers in the playoffs and lowers even more in the Superbowl. Never however said it was ''bad''. And I even placed Peyton at number 3 all-time as a QB in case you once again did not notice.

I said you have too look at regular season performances, playoff and Superbowl performances while giving an overall greater importance to playoffs of course. And I concluded with Manning at number 3. But even daring to put Manning anywhere but number one is considered a sin for someone like you. you are the one with Manning's cock down your throat. 

So it's Montana and then Manning?  That's what you're saying?  If that's what you're saying everyone will shut it.

But then you go on about one game.  After going on about QB rating but now won't talk about it when you find out he has a better playoff rating than Brady.  Now you want to talk about one playoff game against one of the best defenses the game has seen.  You can cherry pick games and stats all you want, but at the end of the day all the statistics add up to Manning being one of, if not the, greatest quarterback of all-time. 

I put it this way:

1-Montana

2-Brady

3-Manning.

It's very tight between Manning and Brady. I actually like Manning better. But I feel Brady gets the slight edge all-time because of his Superbowl play and because of his 8 career 4th quarter game winning drvies in the playoffs, including 5 4th quarter comebacks.

lol you must be drunk. I hate the Cowboys but I have to admit they are the best tandem when it comes to NFL coverage. Aikman knows his shit and Buck has a great play by play voice.

No, I'm not.  Aikman is horrid and spends the entire game massaging the nuts of his favourite team or player.  Joe Buck is dumb as fuck and one of the most annoying voices in sports.  Fox coverage is by far the worst of those who show football.

Woah lol what? Who do you rank in front of Big Ben in the current NFL? 

It depends how you are trying to look at it.  Manning, Brady, Luck, Rodgers and Brees are all better quarterbacks off of the top of my head.  So that has him at sixth without going team by team.  That's coming from someone who likes the Steelers and their rapist QB.

Also once again when did I say Peyton had a ''bad'' playoff rating? I just said his play lowers in the playoffs and lowers even more in the Superbowl. Never however said it was ''bad''. And I even placed Peyton at number 3 all-time as a QB in case you once again did not notice.

I said you have too look at regular season performances, playoff and Superbowl performances while giving an overall greater importance to playoffs of course. And I concluded with Manning at number 3. But even daring to put Manning anywhere but number one is considered a sin for someone like you. you are the one with Manning's cock down your throat. 

I put it this way:

1-Montana

2-Brady

3-Manning.

It's very tight between Manning and Brady. I actually like Manning better. But I feel Brady gets the slight edge all-time because of his Superbowl play and because of his 8 career 4th quarter game winning drvies in the playoffs, including 5 4th quarter comebacks.

I don't know that I'd put him first.  But Brady ahead of him is pretty hilarious.  They have played in the same era and Manning owns him.  You want to put him ahead for a team award, that's your own deal if you want to be unequivocally wrong.  Brady's rating drops too.  And he's lower than Manning in both regular season and playoffs. So really your whole rating premise makes zero sense... but if you're laughing hysterically at Roethlisberger being eighth in the league right now then no one is surprised.

So what you are basically saying is that when P.Manning plays in the regular season and is "running the show" his offence looks stacked (credit P.Manning).......but in the playoffs when the team eventually loses, P. Manning is not the reason because his team was not as stacked as it was during the regular season when he was "running the show".

Oh, and that New England team under Brady in his first year.....the one where he took over for the starter Bledsoe......the one where Brady was "running the show" both in the regular season and into the playoffs, all the way to their first SuperBowl win.....that team was stacked, but not until he got there to start "running the show".

The Broncos (last season) was built to win.....and they did.....right up until the final game.    Not Peyton's fault, that offence where he was "running the show" was apparently at fault, not the "greatest QB of all-time" Peyton. (Note the quotes around "greatest QB of all-time"....not my words, but the words of some other idiot)

So what you are basically saying is that when P.Manning plays in the regular season and is "running the show" his offence looks stacked (credit P.Manning).......but in the playoffs when the team eventually loses, P. Manning is not the reason because his team was not as stacked as it was during the regular season when he was "running the show".

Oh, and that New England team under Brady in his first year.....the one where he took over for the starter Bledsoe......the one where Brady was "running the show" both in the regular season and into the playoffs, all the way to their first SuperBowl win.....that team was stacked, but not until he got there to start "running the show".

The Broncos (last season) was built to win.....and they did.....right up until the final game.    Not Peyton's fault, that offence where he was "running the show" was apparently at fault, not the "greatest QB of all-time" Peyton. (Note the quotes around "greatest QB of all-time"....not my words, but the words of some other idiot)

No, I'm not.  Aikman is horrid and spends the entire game massaging the nuts of his favourite team or player.  Joe Buck is dumb as fuck and one of the most annoying voices in sports.  Fox coverage is by far the worst of those who show football.

It depends how you are trying to look at it.  Manning, Brady, Luck, Rodgers and Brees are all better quarterbacks off of the top of my head.  So that has him at sixth without going team by team.  That's coming from someone who likes the Steelers and their rapist QB.

1-No. I prefer CBS overall for NFL coverage but aikman and buck are among the best in the buisness. Buck has a great voice and is very dramatic in the right moments. Aikman obviously knows his shit and he criticizes just as much as he massages nuts.

2-Nope. You are way off about Big Ben. Ben took over an offense that was more based on the run early in his career but now that it has become more of a passign offense we see how great he really is.

Big Ben:

-Most games with a completion percentage of 80.0% or higher, single season (min. 10 attempts) – 4 (2007

-Second quarterback in NFL history, along with Peyton Manning, to register three perfect passing games during the regular season, and the only quarterback to ever register two perfect passing games in one regular season.[168]

-Second-fewest attempts by a quarterback to reach 25,000 yards passing – 3,109 (Kurt Warner is first with 3,076)

-Only player in NFL history to throw for 500+ yards in two different games

-Most passing touchdowns over a 2-game span – 12

-First QB to throw 6 touchdowns in consecutive games

-Longest regular season win streak to start a career for a NFL QB – 15 games (won all 13 starts in the 2004 season, won first 2 games of the 2005 season)[

-Most wins as a starting quarterback in first five NFL seasons (reg. season only) – 51 (from 2004–2008

-Highest completion percentage, rookie season – 66.4% (2004)[

-Highest single-game completion percentage, rookie season (min. 20 attempts) – 84.0%

-(Tie) Most touchdown passes, Monday Night Football game – 5 (11/5/2007 vs. Baltimore Ravens)

-First QB to start two Conference Championship games in first two seasons in the NFL (2004 & 2005)

-Youngest starting QB ever to win the Super Bowl (2005; second-youngest QB to play in the Super Bowl, behind Dan Marino)[

-Second-youngest quarterback to win two Super Bowls.

Big Ben is easily ahead of Brees and Luck for now. Luck may surpass him but he is in no way ahead of him now. Big Ben is severely underrated.

I don't know that I'd put him first.  But Brady ahead of him is pretty hilarious.  They have played in the same era and Manning owns him.  You want to put him ahead for a team award, that's your own deal if you want to be unequivocally wrong.  Brady's rating drops too.  And he's lower than Manning in both regular season and playoffs. So really your whole rating premise makes zero sense... but if you're laughing hysterically at Roethlisberger being eighth in the league right now then no one is surprised.

QB rating is one of the many factors I used as indicated multiple times previously. It's a slight edge but Brady gets the edge because of his Superbowl play and him coming through with many 4th quarter miracles in his playoff career. Manning had many opportunities but almost never came through with 4th quarter comebacks/game winning drives in the playoffs and that's why I put him behind Brady.

Put it this way. If I have to bet my life on a football game I would choose Brady before Manning as my QB.

It's not Brady you're betting on, it's hoodie. There's a reason the Bradyless pats still won

What do you mean? When Brady got hurt the Pats fell from a 16-0 season and Superbowl appearance to an 11-5 record and missing the playoffs. Cassel did ''well'' but was far far from posting anything close to Brady's numbers.

Brady being out was not the only factor but clearly the Pats were not the same without him!

Depends who takes over for hoodie. If it's one of his coordinators who's learned from him they should be ok. I hate the Pats but they are a model of excellence in pro sports. They are great and judging/finding talent and developping players. Of course they would not nearly as good without the Brady and Belichick factor.