David

Windows 10

Microsoft is known to release a very good os after releasing a shitty os. I've played a bit with the Windows 10 dev preview and it looks very promising

Same. Looking forward to getting my hands on some of the new features that are coming too.

I really liked the HoloLens unveil and demo. I thought it was really cool. Nice to see MS not resting on their flagships and continuing to try to innovate.

Same. Looking forward to getting my hands on some of the new features that are coming too.

I really liked the HoloLens unveil and demo. I thought it was really cool. Nice to see MS not resting on their flagships and continuing to try to innovate.

i haven't seen any demos or reveals or anything about 10 other than reading some articles, but the thing i'm most excited about is the package manager inside powershell. that sounds amazing

@@Solid Snake

64-bit. Applications which are not compiled for 64-bit processors specifically go into the x86 program files folder. You'll see you actually have both a regular program files and the x86 one. Both will have some programs in them.

If you downgraded to a 32-bit version, you would immediately lose access to 4.5GB of your RAM.

Well they brought back the Start menu for starters so that's huge. And don't talk about the 8.1 start menu because while the icon is still there, that giant flashy menu thing still pops up. 

You can get scripts to change that. I've been running one virtually since I got windows.

Not sure if i'll bother rolling windows 10 out at work. 

I have reserved my copy of Windows 10. Supposed to be available July 29th. Not sure if i should install it right away. I am a bit concerned about security issues in  the early days of the release.

Where'd you reserve it? Given it's a free upgrade, I was thinking it may be made available through Windows update as an optional upgrade.

Where'd you reserve it? Given it's a free upgrade, I was thinking it may be made available through Windows update as an optional upgrade.

I just had an icon show up on my computer. They asked for my email address and it was done. My wife had the same icon show up on her laptop an hour later. Should i be concerned about security issues Kev? 

Edited by Killer93

I'll be upgrading. I'm very interested in the cross platform uses as I'm sick of Android phones and tablets and gmail so it wouldn't take a lot to convince me to move everything to windows and outlook. Like a nice Lumia phone that blows the 1520 away.

I have no issues with W8.1, it's rock solid.

NO @, you're fine. It's so they know, or have a rough idea of who, is upgrading. Everyone will get it, but by reserving they can track it a bit easier

Well i am just concerned about security holes in the OS. I can't remember which OS it was, but one of the Windows OS was known as the Swiss cheese program when it first came out.

People in this thread like windows 8? I tried it out and I didn't like it all too much. I don't like those app stuff they have. Maybe it's just the computer,but the wifi connection on it wasn't the best either. I got Windows 7 though and it's been great for all the years I've had it. Probably my fave of all the windows versions I've ever used.