Sypher_04

Nintendo Switch (formerly known as NX)

33 minutes ago, doctorkong said:

Man there is so much to do in this game even after you beat the final boss it's amazing. 

I heard that there's over 800 moons to collect in Mario Odyssey.  For a completionist that's an insane amount of content.   I haven't had time to really dig in and play yet but I'm hoping to get to the game next weekend.  Everything I've seen so far looks really good, and the fact that it controls so well (at first feel at least) with the JoyCons means I can hold off on the Pro Controller for now.  

18 hours ago, Caligulove said:

So I've got the Odyssey edition in my Amazon cart right now. I heard the dock can scuff your screen. Worth investing in a screen protector, I guess.

Yes. Orzly is the brand I got. They have a two pack on amazon. I was gunna keep the second just in case I wanted to switch but gave it to my brother instead. 100% get one. 

3 hours ago, Caligulove said:

I'm pretty stoked for my Switch to get here. I haven't bought a console in ages, but I HAD to get the new Marrio (Mario 64 sequal, as was pointed out). I'll pick up BotW eventually, but I'll have my hands full, for the time being.

IMO BotW is worth playing first but they’re both fun games. 

On 11/7/2017 at 8:23 PM, Raiden said:

Fucking Doom in 2 days petty much. So excited

From what I've seen of it, it's not the *ideal* way to play DOOM but it's a great way to experience it if you have no other choice.

DOOM is a twitch shooter and feels choppy/unresponsive at 30fps, at least based from my experience playing it on PC. 

5 hours ago, slapshot said:

yeah i don't see why anyone would play doom on the switch if they can play it on ps4/xbone/pc. 

loving the new mario, its great.  almost as good as golf story.

You don't see why playing a game anywhere vs playing it only at home is appealing? Really? 

I played Doom on the PC. Doom on the go is perfect. Short levels, pick up and play. I already know what the game is like at the pinnacle of graphical capability. 

I'm not even buying Wolf 2 until it launches on the Switch. For the exact same reason. 

12 hours ago, Raiden said:

You don't see why playing a game anywhere vs playing it only at home is appealing? Really? 

I played Doom on the PC. Doom on the go is perfect. Short levels, pick up and play. I already know what the game is like at the pinnacle of graphical capability. 

I'm not even buying Wolf 2 until it launches on the Switch. For the exact same reason. 

that type of game i am not interested in playing on a handheld,  i like a nice big screen for FPS style games.  so its better to have the nice graphics and frame-rate.
to each their own, right?
tbh i barely use my switch in hand-held mode.  i have a couple times for mario/rabids and a lot for golf story...  i'm never really in a situation where i need a hand held tho,  i'm either at work or outside doing things or at home playing video games.  the only reason i have handhelds like the 3ds is because of the exclusive games on them.