(A3) TOR 2
(M1) WSH 2
(WC1) CAR 1
(M2) NYI 4
(M3) PIT 0
Sign in to follow this  
Armster

Leafs Prospects Thread

Ross? Mckegg? Carrick is a character guy... Connor Brown is tearing it up with McDavid in Eerie... Ummm.. Toninato, Ruperts... Broll. With our top 6 being as potent as it is... We don't really need a blue-chip guy in the system. There are still upcoming drafts and with Kadri and Frattin playing ppg n still playing in a 3rd line role, it doesn't look like any prospect will be rushed into the NHL regardless of talent and potential. We just need to keep drafting and developing. Our system seems to be stable right now and producing some gems.

Oh... How could I forget Leivo?

Since January, Colborne has been one the Marlies’ best forwards with 20 points (seven goals and 13 assists) in 20 games and now has nine goals and 21 assists in 48 games. He’s a player coach Dallas Eakins will need to produce down the stretch if the team is to secure a playoff spot. Colborne thought hiswrist would be 100 per cent healthy when this season began but it wasn’t. The Marlies were also so deep that he had trouble getting icetime. He struggled and went scoreless during a 15-game stretch in November and December. His confidence took a beating, as did his ego when he wasn’t among the nine Marlies invited to the Leafs’ six-day training camp when the NHL lockout ended.

“I was a bit pissed,” he said. “You want to be playing up there with the Leafs. We had a really deep team and my shot wasn’t 100 per cent, it kind of gets into your head. But now I’m in a really good spot mentally. My confidence is back and the coaches have confidence in me.”

Eakins has been using him in all kinds of situations, including penalty killing

“He’s been one of our top forwards since the lockout ended,” Eakins said. “He’s producing and has added a little physicality to his game. We all know he has skill but I asked him to show more will. I want guys to fight for their ice time. At the start of the season he was getting edged out by other guys. He got to a point where he was ready to dig his heels in and fight for it.”

http://www.thestar.com/sports/leafs/2013/02/27/marlies_joe_colborne_on_fire_after_battling_wrist_injuries_for_six_months.html

Glad to see Colbornestarting to produce again. I still have hope for this kid, but it's going to be tough for him to crack the roster next season

Morgan Rielly to be a Marlie this year maybe?

2012 first round pick Morgan Rielly and the WHL's Moose Jaw Warriors will have their season ended prematurely, as the Warriors were eliminated from any postseason possibilities over the weekend.

Moose Jaw plays their final game on March 16th against the Brandon Wheat Kings, after which Rielly would be free to join the Toronto Marlies.

There is an outside chance the organization would choose to bring him to the Leafs, but that would kick in the first year of Rielly's three year entry-level contract and add defenseman to an already stockpiled blueline.

If the Leafs assign Rielly to the Marlies, his entry-level deal will not kick in and he would have the benefit of valuable pro experience under the tutelage of Dallas Eakins for the remainder of the AHL season, giving him an advantage going into next year's training camp.

This would be very kewl indeed!

http://www.hockeybuz...Bound/120/49704

reposted from the Marlies thread (no Marlie interest from this group?)

Apparently Rielly will be joining the Marlies on Wednesday with his WHL season coming to an end. Finished with 53pts in 59gp.

I hope he wont be a healthy scratch the whole time, getting some quality time playing for Eakins and potentially making a pro-playoff run could be the difference between Rielly being ready or not for next year

So, with Macwilliam signed, our D depth for the Marlies is looking pretty good.

Holzer, Percy, MacWilliam, Rielly, Blacker, Ranger and Marshall. Not to mention a few others.

MacWilliam interests me as a prospect, will be nice to see how he plays for the Marlies.

Leafs TV needs to get their heads out of their asses and find a way to televise these games.

The more its on TV and promoted properly, the more people will care and watch... People seem to lose interest when they don't have access to the games.

I used to be a big Argo's fan back in the day (bought merchandise, went to the games and watched them on TV every chance I had) But then they had the bright idea to start blacking out the games.... all interest faded away and I don't believe I have ever watched a game  or spent a nickel on them since.

Leafs have a good prospect pool that Leaf fans want to see develop, so now would be the perfect time to get this going.

During the lockout they had quite a few games on TV and a lot of people I know watched and were going to games here and there.... the attendance for the Marlies was very good also.

Now its very hard to follow them (unless you call looking at the box scores after each game, following them) If MLSE was smart they would hire someone to market the Marlies a lot better than they are now.

Edited by Puq

Has anyone watched much of Stuart Percy this year? I've only seen him play a bit, but in those games he has looked very solid, and his numbers in the OHL and with the Marlies have been pretty good.

Realistically he is probably still a couple years away from the NHL, but can he potentially be a surprise at training camp next season? One thing I feel like our team is lacking is a true 2-way d-man, someone who can play big reliable minutes and play in all situations. Percy seems to me like he is built in this mold, so if he does the right things this summer, he might be able to get on the Leafs radar sooner then expected, imo.