Sign in to follow this  
Armster

Leafs Prospects Thread

during training camp i liked Connor Brown as a young guy who obviouslly wouldnt make the team

He played well for his age and experience in training camp

He has carried his experience gained over to the OHL now

Connor Brown has 6G 7A 13pts in 6 Games played

he has the most avg points per game in the OHL and  is 1 point shy of twice as many points as team mate Mcdavid who has 2g  5a 7pts in 6 games

Browns a good young player, who could be something for us down the road

hes 19 years old, 170 pounds and 5'11...needs to grow but has a lot of time to grow

heres a question to pose....and its hypothetical im not 100% serious about this.....

but what if Connor Brown was the real offensive spark for erie otters and mcdavid is the one along for the ride cashing in on goals and assists instead of the opposite?

interesting thought? Maybe the leafs can have a gem here??

Only time will tell but Browns ohl experience could be aiding mcdavids numbers considering the age difference

and considering the age difference, not a strecth to say maybe Brown is the star of the otters

again time will tell

during training camp i liked Connor Brown as a young guy who obviouslly wouldnt make the team

He played well for his age and experience in training camp

He has carried his experience gained over to the OHL now

Connor Brown has 6G 7A 13pts in 6 Games played

he has the most avg points per game in the OHL and is 1 point shy of twice as many points as team mate Mcdavid who has 2g 5a 7pts in 6 games

Browns a good young player, who could be something for us down the road

hes 19 years old, 170 pounds and 5'11...needs to grow but has a lot of time to grow

heres a question to pose....and its hypothetical im not 100% serious about this.....

but what if Connor Brown was the real offensive spark for erie otters and mcdavid is the one along for the ride cashing in on goals and assists instead of the opposite?

interesting thought? Maybe the leafs can have a gem here??

Only time will tell but Browns ohl experience could be aiding mcdavids numbers considering the age difference

and considering the age difference, not a strecth to say maybe Brown is the star of the otters

again time will tell

Lol I like Brown too but there is absolutely no way that McDavid is just "along for the ride". Kid is going to be a superstar.

Verhaeghe with another 4 point night which ties him for first overall in OHL scoring along with fellow Leafs prospect Connor Brown.

Antoine Bibeau stopped 48 of 49 shots and his team won 7-1. I guess he'll fit right in with the Leafs style of play since his team was outshot 49-31 but they still won.

Verhaeghe with another 4 point night which ties him for first overall in OHL scoring along with fellow Leafs prospect Connor Brown.

Antoine Bibeau stopped 48 of 49 shots and his team won 7-1. I guess he'll fit right in with the Leafs style of play since his team was outshot 49-31 but they still won.

Jim Hughes seemed really high on Verhaeghe when he was talking about him.  I'm curious to see where he goes in a couple years.

Quite a few guys are doing well statistically right now:

Verhaeghe (OHL): 12gp 10g 15a 25pts

Brown (OHL): 13gp 11g 18a 29pts

Johnson (SHL): 15gp 8g 6a 14pts

Gauthier has put up a respectable 3g 10a 13pts in 13gp also, which is similar to his offensive pace last year, but hopefully he can step it up another notch eventually.

Our young Marlies need to get going soon though... Mckegg, Ross, Biggs, Percy, D'Amigo, and Blacker havnt got their offensive games going yet. Currently Brennen has 8 goals for the Marlies, the rest of the team combined only has 12.

Herzog is a kid we drafted last year out of Switzerland currently playing for Quebec in the Q.

9 g and 4 a in 15 GP so far for his first year in NA isn't horrible. I have no idea if Quebec is a good team in the Q or not.

Finn has 11 points in 11 games for Guelph and Rupert has 10 points in 12 games for London as well. 

Connor Brown and Carter Verhaeghe are currently first and third respectively in OHL scoring. Brown is expected to dominate as an over-ager on an offensively gifted team but I don't think anyone expected him to score at this pace early in the season. Verhaeghe is certainly a pleasant surprise, hopefully he can keep it up.

The question for Brown is that is he a product of McDavid or is he helping McDavid put up the numbers he is?

Granted I am happy he's putting up ridiculous numbers but they could be skewed since he's playing with the guy touted to go first overall next year.

I am glad Verhaeghe stepped in to a big role with Niagara though after guys like Strome and Ritchie moved on.

The question for Brown is that is he a product of McDavid or is he helping McDavid put up the numbers he is?

Granted I am happy he's putting up ridiculous numbers but they could be skewed since he's playing with the guy touted to go first overall next year.

I am glad Verhaeghe stepped in to a big role with Niagara though after guys like Strome and Ritchie moved on.

I'm willing to put money down that it's mainly McDavid

Gauthier named to Team Canada's pre-lim WJC camp.

Johnson named to Team Sweden's pre-lim WJC camp.

Toninato didn't make it to Team USA's.

Still waiting to see if Herzog makes it to Team Switzerland but I don't see how he doesn't since he's played very well as a rookie in the Q.

The Leafs drafted Tino Tonitini? NICE!

Random question, I was just looking at the Marlies individual statistics and noticed Christopher Gibson has only played 3 games posting a 2-1 record with almost a .950 save percentage. Why hasn't he played more and why has Sparks played 5 games? Gibson even looked solid in pre-season and was a decently high draft pick with a decent future ahead of him and hes only 21...

I just find it weird that Gibson posted better numbers than Sparks, yet Sparks has played more games then him. I understand MacIntyre has played well but for a goalie like I said to have basically a .950 save percentage in 3 games and not to long ago be considered a good prospect goaltender to play only 3 games I found it a little weird so I was asking.

I just find it weird that Gibson posted better numbers than Sparks, yet Sparks has played more games then him. I understand MacIntyre has played well but for a goalie like I said to have basically a .950 save percentage in 3 games and not to long ago be considered a good prospect goaltender to play only 3 games I found it a little weird so I was asking.

he's struggled a bit in the ECHL, 4-5-2, 3.10GAA and 0.883%

Random question, I was just looking at the Marlies individual statistics and noticed Christopher Gibson has only played 3 games posting a 2-1 record with almost a .950 save percentage. Why hasn't he played more and why has Sparks played 5 games? Gibson even looked solid in pre-season and was a decently high draft pick with a decent future ahead of him and hes only 21...

Christopher Gibson is not John Gibson.