Sign in to follow this  
Armster

Leafs Prospects Thread

Christopher Gibson is not John Gibson.

Wow really? Didn't know that, thanks for telling me! Christopher was also a 2nd round pick like John Gibson... Im not saying Chris was suppose to be a highend talent like John Gibson is but he was suppose to be a decent goaltender and even though has struggled in he ECHL has but up good numbers in the AHL where they haven't given him a chance.

Wow really? Didn't know that, thanks for telling me! Christopher was also a 2nd round pick like John Gibson... Im not saying Chris was suppose to be a highend talent like John Gibson is but he was suppose to be a decent goaltender and even though has struggled in he ECHL has but up good numbers in the AHL where they haven't given him a chance.

Sorry, but with the way you were talking about him I wasn't sure if you actually knew the difference. You wouldn't have been the first one around here to confuse the two.

I can see this guy being a Matt Frattin type of player for us for some reason down the road lol

I don't see much similarity there... Frattin was physical and used his strength and speed to create offence. I don't imagine Brown throwing his 170lbs around a whole lot.

I don't see much similarity there... Frattin was physical and used his strength and speed to create offence. I don't imagine Brown throwing his 170lbs around a whole lot.

I don't see that at all. He's a small, crafty scoring winger.

I didn't mean playing wise, I meant I can see Connor Brown be similar to Matt Frattin in terms of Brown possibly being able to crack an NHL roster but not really be more then a filler basically if that makes any sense lol.

I think perhaps the most impressive thing to me is that Brown's numbers haven't really fallen off at any point when McDavid was out, either due to injury earlier in the season or leaving for the WJCs.

again, I haven't seen them THAT much... but Dane Fox is the driving force on that line, so it's not that surprising that Brown has continued his pace without McDavid... That said, he's having a ridiculous year, and that's a good thing, and we should get excited about that... but I have a strong strong strong feeling his game doesn't play in the pros

Yeah that's definitely possible. Like I said, Fox controls the game when he's out there, from what I've seen. He plays pretty big, though I don't think he's overly large, so he's just gotta be way more physically mature than most of the guys in the league, but he powers by pretty much anyone, he's got a really good shot, and he looks considerably faster than basically everyone on the ice. I thought Brown did a really good job of slowing everything down though once they got in the zone, McDavid and Fox seemed to want to jam everything down the throat of the other team and Brown would get the puck and slow down and make a play... but clearly everything has been effective for them this year.