(M1) WSH 2
(WC1) CAR 1
(M2) NYI 4
(M3) PIT 0
Sign in to follow this  
Armster

Leafs Prospects Thread

On 1/18/2019 at 2:09 PM, Morrison7 said:

Leafs G prospect Joseph Woll has been nominated for the Hobey Baker award as the NCAAs most outstanding player. He has a record of 6-10-2 but has a GAA of 2.28 and a save percentage of .923 

Love our prospect goalie depth. Both Woll and Scott look like total gems thus far.

Woll is looking like a great option if Sparks doesn't pan out.

Edited by CognitiveBias

1 hour ago, loxcane said:

Hasn’t played a minute of pro hockey, but he’s looking like a great option 😂

Don’t want to put the cart before the horse, but it is nice to have two goalies who are both at or near the top of their respective leagues.

It would be nice if one or both developed into something of value.

4 hours ago, Morrison7 said:

Not sure how legitimate this is, but alright I suppose.

Sounds good to me........maybe not right now, but soon? 

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nhl/report-toronto-maple-leafs-to-sign-mysterious-prospect-yegor-korshkov/ar-BBUBMFk

Good to have as much depth as possible, this time of year.  I hope this kid has something.

20 minutes ago, Fartface ticklepants said:

What's his deal now? I know next to nothing besides a quick google.

If he doesn't succeed here, he goes back to Russia, and this Hunter pick looks like a bust. His game is more suited for the North American style and has size to him, but he hasn’t really built on his draft year if you’re just looking at his point totals.

There was some pretty good players taken after him too. DeBrinecat was 9 picks later while Tyler Benson and Kyrou are having PPG seasons in the AHL right now.

Edited by Morrison7

57 minutes ago, Morrison7 said:

If he doesn't succeed here, he goes back to Russia, and this Hunter pick looks like a bust. His game is more suited for the North American style and has size to him, but he hasn’t really built on his draft year if you’re just looking at his point totals.

There was some pretty good players taken after him too. DeBrinecat was 9 picks later while Tyler Benson and Kyrou are having PPG seasons in the AHL right now.

Perfect! thanks for this!

1 hour ago, Morrison7 said:

I wonder how many of those good players were names people actually wanted to take with the pick. It's easy to say "we should've taken ___" years after the fact, but were those names an actual consideration(or a guy projected around that spot) at the time?

I remember at the time how much I wanted Leafs to take a goalie. They just acquired Andersen, but getting another goalie would've been nice. Hart,Parsons and Gustavsson were my 3 picks. Parsons and Gustavsson haven't been good in the minors, but obviously Hart has been good so far in his NHL career.

7 minutes ago, majingir said:

I wonder how many of those good players were names people actually wanted to take with the pick. It's easy to say "we should've taken ___" years after the fact, but were those names an actual consideration(or a guy projected around that spot) at the time?

I remember at the time how much I wanted Leafs to take a goalie. They just acquired Andersen, but getting another goalie would've been nice. Hart,Parsons and Gustavsson were my 3 picks. Parsons and Gustavsson haven't been good in the minors, but obviously Hart has been good so far in his NHL career.

The analytical community labeled DeBrinecat as a “Dubas pick” apparently.

https://www.bardown.com/one-prospect-name-reportedly-sums-up-the-leafs-dramatically-different-draft-strategy-1.1094320

Rasanen is also likely coming over. 

Would be great if he could turn into a useful NHL player. 6'7 226lbs and he only just turned 20. He's also a RHD.  Even turning into a poor mans Tyler Myers I'd take.

He was taken with the 2nd pick we got in Phaneuf deal.

Edited by majingir

Marlies sign Rasanen to PTO.

Next season would be interesting to see who could get shot at NHL roster.

Could Duszak or Rasanen surprise people and possibly even get a spot since they're RHD? Does Liljegren make it? Sandin could also have a shot.

Would be great going into next year having Rielly,Muzzin,Dermott,Liljegren,Sandin (assuming those 2 are nhl ready) and 1 other. 

17 hours ago, majingir said:

Marlies sign Rasanen to PTO.

Next season would be interesting to see who could get shot at NHL roster.

Could Duszak or Rasanen surprise people and possibly even get a spot since they're RHD? Does Liljegren make it? Sandin could also have a shot.

Would be great going into next year having Rielly,Muzzin,Dermott,Liljegren,Sandin (assuming those 2 are nhl ready) and 1 other. 

I don't think the Leafs are going to rush Liljegren or Sandin.

I know Dubas mentioned that if Liljegren had stayed healthy they wanted to give him a look this season but he got hurt around the WJC with the high ankle sprain and that ruined that.

Only using in-house options our D next year is 

Rielly-Muzzin
Dermott-Zaitsev
Rosen-Holl
Ozhiganov

And then the Marlies get

Sandin-Liljegren
Borgman -Hollowell
Lindgren-Durszak
Rasanen

3 hours ago, doctorkong said:

I don't think the Leafs are going to rush Liljegren or Sandin.

I know Dubas mentioned that if Liljegren had stayed healthy they wanted to give him a look this season but he got hurt around the WJC with the high ankle sprain and that ruined that.

Only using in-house options our D next year is 

Rielly-Muzzin
Dermott-Zaitsev
Rosen-Holl
Ozhiganov

And then the Marlies get

Sandin-Liljegren
Borgman -Hollowell
Lindgren-Durszak
Rasanen

Need to remove Holl and Oz from that list. 

Also Muzz ain’t a RHD and Zaitsev needs to be traded, or rather his contract needs to be traded. 

Edited by uteck

Definitely see trades coming in offseason. Look at that depth chart posted for Marlies. Assuming none of them make NHL roster to start, that's 8dmen(just grouping Rosen in for now) not even factoring in other echl or CHL signings, or guys on minor league deals (Babcock probably makes them give marincin one). 

Even forwards, we'll have 10 under contract after the Hirose deal. There's bound to be other additions from CHL signings and vets on minor deals. 

5 hours ago, majingir said:

Definitely see trades coming in offseason. Look at that depth chart posted for Marlies. Assuming none of them make NHL roster to start, that's 8dmen(just grouping Rosen in for now) not even factoring in other echl or CHL signings, or guys on minor league deals (Babcock probably makes them give marincin one). 

Even forwards, we'll have 10 under contract after the Hirose deal. There's bound to be other additions from CHL signings and vets on minor deals. 

Hirose signed with the Red Wings.

On 3/16/2019 at 11:05 AM, uteck said:

Need to remove Holl and Oz from that list. 

Also Muzz ain’t a RHD and Zaitsev needs to be traded, or rather his contract needs to be traded. 

I just said using options in house. Rielly and Muzzin are our 2 best defenders so I just stacked them on a line.

I am well aware we need to do some work on the blueline and hopefully they are able to get a proper RHD to play alongside Rielly but as things stand what I posted is our best D configuration.