Sign in to follow this  
LSP

Stamkos to CGY?

It's irrelevant.

There's only one test whether a team is a playoff team; did they make the playoffs? And yes, they did. Either FML did that or Burke left a playoff team.

There is only one test as to whether Burke's team was a playoff team

Was he in the org when they made the playoffs. Now GTFO

Edited by uteck

Being in a playoff spot, like Arizona, doesn't make you a playoff team. Making the playoffs, like the team Burke left, makes you a playoff team.

I can totally see how they're not a playoff team in real life, only on paper. Even though, in real life, they made the playoffs.

Edited by Mokusatsu

It's irrelevant.

There's only one test whether a team is a playoff team; did they make the playoffs? And yes, they did. Either FML did that or Burke left a playoff team.

Actually, it's very relevant.

What Burke left behind is clear.

Saying he left a "playoff team" is like saying JFJ had an undefeated team in 04-05.

Being in a playoff spot, like Arizona, doesn't make you a playoff team. Making the playoffs, like the team Burke left, makes you a playoff team.

I can totally see how they're not a playoff team in real life, only on paper. Even though, in real life, they made the playoffs.

why? It was a short season. If this season was 6 games long Arizona would play in the playoff. So its a playoff team 

Edited by TankNoFan

Quinn made a team that squeaked into the playoffs.  not a cup contending team by any stretch and he left the cupboard bare like usual for toronto.  lets keep it real here folks.

That did ruin the future for the team,but weren't they cup contenders? I think it was something like 11 guys on that team who were captain or alternate captains on a NHL team they used to be part of?

The lockout is really what hurt the team the most,cause it made the game the exact opposite of the type of team the Leafs had in 03-04.

Actually, it's very relevant.

What Burke left behind is clear.

Saying he left a "playoff team" is like saying JFJ had an undefeated team in 04-05.

I'm not arguing that Burke did a good job, that he left a contender or that he's a shiny red ape arse. I'm stating that the team he left was a playoff team.

And no, it's not. If you don't play all season you aren't undefeated, you're not participating.

why? It was a short season. If this season was 6 games long Arizona would play in the playoff. So its a playoff team

Except for the one small fact that the NHL season is not six games long.

Other than that, flawless.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Except for the one small fact that the NHL season is not six games long.

Other than that, flawless.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

can I ask you how long is the NHL season? But you already waiting me there... show what you got

Edited by TankNoFan

Twice as long as it takes to get to halfway. Insanely asinine question, крошка.

When you can show me a season where the playoffs were declared after six games, I'll agree a team can be a playoff team after six games.

1918-19 may have been a runaway for Ottawa/Montreal

Twice as long as it takes to get to halfway. Insanely asinine question, крошка.

When you can show me a season where the playoffs were declared after six games, I'll agree a team can be a playoff team after six games.

well I said "On paper it was a playoff team". But thanks for repeating it using other words

Edited by TankNoFan

only one small problem with this scenario, I of course mean the the one the thread is based on, that being Stamkos to Calgary

Mr Stamkos due to the brilliant negotiating skills of Newport Sports has for the season of 2015/16 a full NMC

I wouldn't think that Newport would advise him to waive it, just to benefit the Tampa Bay Lightning, unless of course the situation there had or become's untenable.

Personally I feel that Stamkos rides it out and decides his own fate, which would rule out the waiving of said clause.

Edited by koho

If he's available, everyone is interested in Stamkos.

Mostly though, this is just overblown excitement because big name guys never really make it free agency in their primes.  I remember when Stamkos wasn't signing in Tampa Bay the last time as a RFA.  He was going to demand out and wait for an offer sheet, never going to sign in Tampa.