Sign in to follow this  
Sypher_04

Bell Fibe 4K

Even if I read it I would be skeptical. The EORN gave Bell millions for fibre optics in our area and what did I get, less than 2mbps and having to complain to someone in India who then made sure I got scam calls on my cell.

For some reason I suspect innovation will come from the netflixes of the world and Bell will follow when it starts to hurt. In the meantime they will try to keep everyone on the stringer with an announcement followed by a substandard service.

Damnit though, their stock sure numbs the pain

I just hooked up with Bell Yesterday for February 1st.  I'm supposed to be getting 100/50 which they tell me is not capped and is perfect for 4k streaming on youtube.  We'll see.  Not that there is really anything to watch. 

At the end of the day all of these companies are totally bull shit, selling products that don't live up to their standards and are completely over priced. 

From what I know Bell is giving me a router that has both wireless and Ethernet connections and apparently has 5 antennas that push the signal to the areas that need it most. 

Doesn't really have anything to do with 4k TV series but that's just my hearings for the internet. I only use Internet, haven't used cable in a long time.  Luckily my parents have it, though.  So I use their login if I want TSN.

I have Nexicom which speed net clocks at 70mbps unlimited for $60 mth. Bell has 1Gb Fibre at my door as is itching to hook me up for $100 mth for a year. Should I bother? 70 seems so ridiculously fast for a boy coming from the Country where 5mbps with 100Gb mth limit seemed alright.

I want the Fibe but what the hell will it do for me that I don't already have?

Truth be told for most people's general uses the difference between going 70mbps and 1000mbps isn't likely all that noticeable. Not consistently for sure. I'd say if you're happy with your speed now then keep your extra money.

That said, there should he several other speeds available from Bell. If you wanted to switch to Fibe, you should be able to get something, likely faster, for similar money to what you pay now, I'd guess