Sign in to follow this  
Matthews34

Morgan Rielly's 1st Pro Game!

Tonight's the night we get to finally see Morgan Rielly wear the Marlies jersey! Kinda glad we sent down Komisarek. I think Komi can and should be playing instead of guys like Kostka, Holzer and Fraser in our lineup and is still a very solid defensive defenceman. Hes a great leader and has treated this whole situation as a true professional so having him down in the AHL and possibly paired with Rielly could be pretty good for Rielly's development. I don't see Komisarek having any problem throwing people around in the AHL so it could create a lot of room for Rielly to work his magic with the puck.

Definitely going to try and watching tonight's game to see Rielly play.

How does a Toronto pro team not televise a game... Common lol

Anyway, Marlies down a goal after 1. Hopefully they can play a bit better in the second. Doesn't look like they had a good 1st period.

A lot of out of town AHL teams don't even have cameras in the rinks. I know from the playoffs last year it was last minute setups in order to get the games on TV and it looked brutal

Rielly got an assist on the PP goal! Even if they lose ill be happy haha. A lot of recent changes especially on the backend with Holzer, Marshall, Komisarek and Rielly coming in. That's four out of six new defenceman who still need to learn the system.

the most important thing for Reilly i think is that the speed of his game is at a high level... if he coud do what he does at a higher speed than most everyone in the AHL the way he does in the WHL then we know he's really something special. Everyone always says the biggest difference between levels is the speed... so as long as he's not slowing things down he'll be okay.