Sign in to follow this  
Horatio Hornblower

Microsoft Band 2

I have the band 2 and have been syncing to MS Health on the 950XL. Just got MSH for my W10 computer. It syncs through the charging band and gives nice big readout of the GPS route you take. Love this feature for a long walk in the wilderness and the being able to tell where you roamed. Like the heartbeat, calories, elevation, pace features too. Great device, anyone got one?

I have a fitbit surge. Its not the same, but a lot of these bands are very similar. I can't say I'm a fan. The thing I'd use it most for, heavy workouts, is where it doesn't work. Anytime you get even a bit sweaty it stops accurately tracking your heart rate. I know when I'm on a good run my heart rate is usually at 185-200. My fitbit topped out at 160. Considering thats about the only thing I use it for its a colossal failure. I'm a 21 year old athlete, I really don't give a shit about tracking my steps or what my heart rate is while I'm sitting on the couch. I care about those stats in the gym, and thats about it. From what I've read its the same for all those similar watches (Fitbit, Microsoft, Apple). You'd need something like Polar for a better workout HR monitor. 

But for what you're using it for it'd probably work well, as long as you're not a sweaty mother fucker like me lol. 

The nature of a band trying to accurately read a high heartrate on a wrist leads to inaccuracies. I had a polar with the chest band as I used to run everything from 5ks to ultras. I still have my 3400 mile badge for one year of running. Band is Inaccurate for calories too.

Now that I care more about where I am and whether I am maintaining or improving fitness, and keeping a log of how many miles, hours, fitness workouts, etc the Band is great.