Sign in to follow this  
Debaser

Site Upgrade

Hey everyone,

We decided to go ahead and upgrade to the latest version of the forum software, which includes some new/different features, and the latest security updates.

It might take a bit to get used to the new layout and features. The admins need to get used to the new software as well, but if you have any questions about anything, feel free to ask, and we'll try to help.

Also, let us know if there's any features from the old site that are missing on this new platform. We'll look into them and see if we can get them back up and running.

Thanks!

Edit: @TieClark, interested in cooking up a new banner for us? Shoot me a PM.

1 hour ago, Humper said:

Uploading YouTube files...procedure?

Should just be able to post a link like always, and it will auto embed

14 minutes ago, The Moon said:

Perhaps this is premature and these issues are already being worked on, but the 'Top' button has disappeared and clicking on a thread takes you to the OP - there's no option to go straight to the last page like there used to be.

I noticed that. I'll work on a fix

2 minutes ago, Unsung Hero said:

My notifications won't show up and I don't see the option to "view new content".

I do like being able to see avatars on mobile now though. Nice addition.

what notifications?

bm4GRtt.png

notifications should be under the bell at the top right. view new content is now called Unread Content, which is under the search at the top right

2 minutes ago, TBLeafer said:

Test:

<iframe src='https://www.nhl.com/mapleleafs/video/embed/game-in-six-fla-at-tor--102716/t-277555732/c-45756703?autostart=false' width='540' height='300'></iframe>

click the Source button at the top left of the reply window

LKrp9Nq.png

27 minutes ago, The Moon said:

Perhaps this is premature and these issues are already being worked on, but the 'Top' button has disappeared and clicking on a thread takes you to the OP - there's no option to go straight to the last page like there used to be.

is this on desktop or mobile?

on desktop, click the little circle or star to the left of the thread title.

WLGXSfI.png

o82UWqz.png

on mobile, i'm going to need some time to check it out. i haven't had a chance yet

1 minute ago, Debaser said:

we're going to work on getting a new theme, light and dark

The dark one was the one I used last time.

And anyone using firefox, constantly getting the "allow notifications" popup?

(just a test for me to see if twitter links work on tapatalk)

Edited by majingir

3 minutes ago, Caligulove said:

Hey where do I go to donate?  I was going to do it around Christmas but since you guys did the move and all that stuff I figured I'd try and do it now.

we're going to work on getting a donation bar/box up there soon. if you'd like to donate though, you can hit up @Armster for his paypal, he's the one that manages the finances and holds the paypal account

2 minutes ago, TBLeafer said:

Looks like you don't need Tapatalk.  Its self adapts to a mobile version of the site.

Still, I use tapatalk more than browsing forums on the web. And it's helpful too since all notifications from all sites I use are right there on tapatalk.

But I just checked the site on tapatalk and it doesn't work for some reason.

2 minutes ago, majingir said:

Still, I use tapatalk more than browsing forums on the web. And it's helpful too since all notifications from all sites I use are right there on tapatalk.

But I just checked the site on tapatalk and it doesn't work for some reason.

i believe there's a new tapatalk plugin available. i'll install it tonight maybe and test it out.