Sharplaninac

The Donald Trump Thread: President of the United States of America.

Just now, Armster said:

Thanks for inaugurating him here, Melania.

Did you just call me beautiful?

How do you feel about this new Trump video? He's saying some good things. 

A couple executive orders he plans to do day 1.

Withdrawing from the TPP, negotiating new trade deals.

Energy, canceling job killing restrictions. (Not a fan of this one)

For every new regulation, two old ones will have to be removed. (This should be big for the libertarians)

Immigration, department of labour investigating visa abuses that undercut the American worker.

Five year ban on executive officials becoming lobbyist after leaving administration and lifetime ban on lobbyists lobbying in favour of a foreign government (step in the right direction)

Just now, Armster said:

I don't feel anything.  I feel like it's wayyyy premature to make any judgments he hasn't even been sworn in yet.  Currently, he's fighting the SNL/Broadway battle so the further he is away from dealing with key policies the better.

Do you really feel that it's too premature? I see a lot of people already calling for his head. I'd like to remain optimistic about it. I'm not banking on it but I'll give him a chance. 

Come on Armster, he's not fighting any significant battle against SNL or Hamilton. You can't attribute the time the 24/7 media spends on silly issues like this to time Trump is spending on it. Tweeting takes all of what 1 or 2 minutes to come up with a tweet? As evidence by this new video he just put out not even hours ago, he's clearly focused on MAGAFEing and not this silly shit the media is drumming up. It's going to be a long four years if this is the kind of shit the news is peddling and people like you are buying. He made a a few tweets, get over it. Pence's reaction was actually better than Trump's but you don't hear that as much because it's not news bait.  

Obama is fine wasting his time as President all he wants. Obama was too busy vacationing to focus on dealing with and helping with the floods in Louisiana  Trump makes a few tweets about Hamilton and all of a sudden he's too busy focusing on that. He's not even President yet and the media was complaining about him ditching his press detail to go out for dinner with his family. When Obama ditched the press while President, nobody gave a fuck We're in for a lot of double standards now. We are in for a long ride. 

3 minutes ago, Armster said:

Yes it's far too premature and especially futile with someone who is invested so emotionally into being right above all else.  Sorry.

I'm not emotionally invested into being right. I just happen to be right in several of our discussions. 

The evidence for that is every time you bow out of a discussion because you become too frustrated with someone with different views. It never fails, you get involved in a discussion and can't stand hearing a different opinion and end up throwing fake pity posts, a bunch of insults and -isms. Plenty evidence of that in the last thread. I really thought Jodi and I could come to an understanding on the email scandal. Right as we're about to come to an understanding about where the disconnect between our views on the email scandal, the discussion stops for whatever reason. I'd love to continue any discussion. It's not my fault you can't handle it emotionally. Politics seems to bring out the worst in people. 

1 minute ago, Armster said:

Yes okay. Like I said too premature.  If you want to argue with me over me thinking it's too premature to make any judgments on the President Elect's two weeks as that, by all means have at it but don't expect a response.

I think you misunderstood. I agree that it's too premature. I just wasn't sure if that's how you really felt. Also just wanted to get your opinions on the positions he was stating in the video. 

Don't really have an opinion due to his blustering during his entire campaign and the fact that he has announced some intended hideous appointments in the Senate and expected ones in the Supreme Court.  I'm mostly curious about how much damage he can actually do when he has the keys to the country.

1 hour ago, Armster said:

Don't really have an opinion due to his blustering during his entire campaign and the fact that he has announced some intended hideous appointments in the Senate and expected ones in the Supreme Court.  I'm mostly curious about how much damage he can actually do when he has the keys to the country.

Fair enough, I'm not a fan of his appointments so far. Sessions sucks, but what can you expect with a huge Republican win, they're not going to throw in a liberal. I'm not a fan of Bannon either. But it's expected. 

If he appoints Tulsi Gabbard to any position in his team , I'll be floored. He met with her today. Tulsi would be a huge step in the right direction. She'd actually be a better Republican than a Democrat. Secretary of State would be cool. If Trump converts Tulsi from the democrats he's playing 4D chess. 

As for how much damage he can do, who knows? The most dangerous part of what he can do to inflict long term irreversible damage has to do with the environment. He's a disaster for climate change. I think people are otherwise blowing shit wayyyyy out of proportion. America will be fine.

Edited by Komarov

57 minutes ago, Calico said:

I expect Tulsi Gabbard to get a position, we'll see if it's real or token or will he grab her by the pussy?

Was his campaign chair Kelly-Anne Conway and Spokesperson Katrina Pierson are just token too? How about Hope Hicks? and Omarossa?

He's definitely a womanizer but I don't think you can deny he's given women the chance when they're qualified. If he didn't think they were capable, he wouldn't put them in such important positions. 

I don't think so? He doesn't strike me as the Bill Clinton type. 

Edited by Komarov

5 minutes ago, Calico said:

You are apparently missing my point, will she be the token Democrat or a real force in the cabinet, we'll see what she does or doesn't get.

Conway & Pierson are just awful people.

A token Democrat? Likely. A real force in the cabinet? Hopefully! I really like Tulsi. As I said before you "deleted" the thread. I think she's got some serious guts and integrity which is rare in politics. If he can convert her to a Republican she'd make a terrific Presidential candidate in 2020. Especially if Donald appoints her to a significant role like Sec. Of State or Ambassador to the UN or something along those lines. That's mostly the area where they agree on. 

That's awfully sexist of you.