Armster

Canada Has The Most Expensive Mobile Data

1 hour ago, Armster said:

http://tefficient.com/unlimited-pushes-data-usage-to-new-heights/

We really need a fourth player to put downward pressure on the prices.  I'm pretty sure Sasktel and Videotron have done those exact things.

Don't count on it, much like MTS, Sasktel is about to sell. They've been trying for the last few months. 

I remember the commercials when Verizon was threatening to move in. "If they come to Canada, Canada will become the US and will literally cease to exist. Don't let competition in, they will kill Canada" and people fucking bought that.

The majority of us are stupid, we deserve this. I got work to start paying for my phone because fuck that. On the other hand, it's pretty cool that I get LTE in The Pas, Flin Flon, and Thompson. I'll give Rogers and MTS credit for that. Really good coverage. 

38 minutes ago, Raiden said:

Don't count on it, much like MTS, Sasktel is about to sell. They've been trying for the last few months. 

I remember the commercials when Verizon was threatening to move in. "If they come to Canada, Canada will become the US and will literally cease to exist. Don't let competition in, they will kill Canada" and people fucking bought that.

The majority of us are stupid, we deserve this. I got work to start paying for my phone because fuck that. On the other hand, it's pretty cool that I get LTE in The Pas, Flin Flon, and Thompson. I'll give Rogers and MTS credit for that. Really good coverage. 

Seriously, why the fuck are we supposed to feel sorry for those bastards? I really wish Verizon would've made it over. 

MTS blows. I know Rogers and MTS are supposed to be on the same towers, but I swear somehow Rogers has better coverage. My mom and I are on a Rogers share everything plan, my Dad has MTS from work. We'll be at the same place and the Rogers phone has a better signal. We both have the iPhone 6S. 

5 minutes ago, JKG33 said:

Seriously, why the fuck are we supposed to feel sorry for those bastards? I really wish Verizon would've made it over. 

MTS blows. I know Rogers and MTS are supposed to be on the same towers, but I swear somehow Rogers has better coverage. My mom and I are on a Rogers share everything plan, my Dad has MTS from work. We'll be at the same place and the Rogers phone has a better signal. We both have the iPhone 6S. 

That has more to do with MTS beginning to wind down operations in preparations to go to Bell, they've really started gearing back. Rogers, meanwhile, has started building more towers and MTS doesn't get access to those towers, because MTS are a bunch of dicks and sold to Bell. 

That agreement was only for existing towers, not future towers too. 

1 hour ago, Mantis Toboggan said:

@Raiden

Koodo has a 6GB plan with unlimited calls/texts for $48 in Manitoba. they're owned by Telus so they have the same service. you fuckers have it good with them because of MTS

No doubt, compared to the rest of Canada, we really do. Competition forces it. When all you have is the big 3, they rape you. 

Compared to the states though, it's still a joke. Unlimited only means 15GB before you get throttled to 15kb/s and that still costs 70 a month. 

I do find your mobile choice a bit poor and expensive. Over here, You can just get a sim card, for one month (no contract). £5 will get you 250 minutes, 1GB data and 500 texts. Last time I got a card in Canada, I had sign into a contract, and then cancel after a month. It cost me about $100. for a similar amount. I dont know if you get better deals for a longer contract.

The signal seems have improved in the last 2 years though! I just kept my own phone and paid roaming fees this year.