Sign in to follow this  
StepOnYou

Will Leipsic Replace JVR on the 2nd Line LW position?

26 minutes ago, StepOnYou said:

They did give up Santorelli and Franson for him.

It's nice to rebuild and see teams pay so much for our guys and to get rid of their own guys. Franson and Santorelli for Leipsic,Jokinen,1st rounder.

Leipsic is still here and could crack the NHL roster, and that 1st rounder was then traded down so we could pick up other picks, and the end result of that 1st rounder we got in this deal was Dermott,Bracco and Dzierkals!

lol to think, we got Franson from Nashville for Lebda, and now have Leipsic,Dermott,Bracco and Dzierkals all basically branching from Lebda.

Edited by majingir

9 hours ago, StepOnYou said:

27 points in 22 games is nothing to sneeze at.

Shanny and Hunter do care about him. They did give up Santorelli and Franson for him.

No

4 hours ago, JKG33 said:

I love Leipsic. But ideally he's your #3 LW behind JVR and someone else. 

Yes

1 minute ago, TieClark said:

And who exactly is JVR letting us acquire for help on D? 

Why does every challenge seem like an impossibility to certain fans? Were you living under a rock when Clarkson, Dion, and Kessel were traded? Did you not see Hall, Subban, etc. moved last off-season? 

Someone will want JVR. Someone will give up D for him. There are always teams that need to fill gaps, and have "win now" mandates. 

How do you know that every single top 4 D is happy where they are playing? Are there understudies out there that should be playing in the top pairing? 

Not

Impossible.

23 minutes ago, StepOnYou said:

Why does every challenge seem like an impossibility to certain fans? Were you living under a rock when Clarkson, Dion, and Kessel were traded? Did you not see Hall, Subban, etc. moved last off-season? 

Someone will want JVR. Someone will give up D for him. There are always teams that need to fill gaps, and have "win now" mandates. 

How do you know that every single top 4 D is happy where they are playing? Are there understudies out there that should be playing in the top pairing? 

Not

Impossible.

I didn't say he couldn't be traded, I said who are we getting? The only teams trading for him aren't going to be looking  I dump top 4 D

14 hours ago, StepOnYou said:

Not

Impossible.

JVR has a good chance of being traded but GM's, especially Lou, don't like to make trades just for the sake of it.  Assett management is key with salary caps.  If we can get JVR signed to a decent contract, then chances are that is better than any trade we will make.

We ARE NOT getting a #1 D for JVR.  Maybe an older or flawed #2 at best.  JVR isn't an elite player, he isn't going to get the value you want unless you add in our first round pick.  If you haven't  noticed trading firsts is fucking dumb.

I don't know about JvR, personally. I used to think he was definitely a top-line player, now I'm not sure. I think it might be wise to 'cash him' in fairly soon. At any more than $6m per, he's a bit of a liability IMO.

We do have an almost total lack of natural LWs, however, and only Hyman, Komarov and Kapanen who could even arguably be expected to hold down a top-9 LW role now or in the future if JvR goes, so in some ways trading him simply fills one hole by creating another. Also, Hyman is just Komarov but dumber and with worse hands. 

I personally think Kapanen wil be a top-line winger but that's not a popular opinion and even with my rose-tinted glasses firmly on I don't think he'll be there for a few years.

Where any of you born before the JVR / Schenn trade? Schenn is a marginal NHLer now, but back then he wasn't considered marginal. Some Leaf fans thought he might be captain some day. He was certainly considered a top 4 D then. Philly traded at a position of strength (surplus of forwards), to improve their defense.

Not

Impossible 

We can learn from recent history.

I don't know about JvR, personally. I used to think he was definitely a top-line player, now I'm not sure. I think it might be wise to 'cash him' in fairly soon. At any more than $6m per, he's a bit of a liability IMO.
We do have an almost total lack of natural LWs, however, and only Hyman, Komarov and Kapanen who could even arguably be expected to hold down a top-9 LW role now or in the future if JvR goes, so in some ways trading him simply fills one hole by creating another. Also, Hyman is just Komarov but dumber and with worse hands. 
I personally think Kapanen wil be a top-line winger but that's not a popular opinion and even with my rose-tinted glasses firmly on I don't think he'll be there for a few years.

Wow I agree with exactly 0 of the assessments here.

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, StepOnYou said:

Where any of you born before the JVR / Schenn trade? Schenn is a marginal NHLer now, but back then he wasn't considered marginal. Some Leaf fans thought he might be captain some day. He was certainly considered a top 4 D then. Philly traded at a position of strength (surplus of forwards), to improve their defense.

Not

Impossible 

We can learn from recent history.

How does that even apply here?  Not even close to similar situations...

Jvr had just signed a new contract and schenn was a sophmore I think.  Jvr now has end expiring contract.  Maybe you may miss the value of that but gms don't 

Term on a contract has a very definite effect on the return you will get... Something you clearly don't understand

Also how did that trade work out?  We won by A mile because philly was desperate for d.  This is the exact type of deal we want to avoid

Edited by dustyboy316

15 minutes ago, Anger Management said:

Maybe we can pry Nurse from Edmonton for peanuts since he probably needs a change of scenery........other than that i fail to see what quality defenseman JVR could fetch on the trade market without adding some prospects or pick onto it.

That's exactly it

But if stenonpoo says its true than it must be.  Clearly everything else he's said has come to fruition...

36 minutes ago, dustyboy316 said:

Jvr had just signed a new contract and schenn was a sophmore I think.  Jvr now has end expiring contract.  Maybe you may miss the value of that but gms don't 

Term on a contract has a very definite effect on the return you will get... Something you clearly don't understand

Also how did that trade work out?  We won by A mile because philly was desperate for d.  This is the exact type of deal we want to avoid

Apparently Arizona offered Yandle for JVR, but Philly wanted Schenn instead. They were desperate as they needed someone to fill the void left by Pronger, but Holmgren was also a pretty terrible GM. Schenn just finished his 4th NHL season when he was traded for JVR.

46 minutes ago, dustyboy316 said:

You're unnecessarily splitting hairs. Also you're playing hindsight general manager. Also you claim to know what GMs think. We only won because Schenn didn't amount to anything, but at the time no one claimed that we totally fleeced the flyers. Whether we won that trade or not, a perceived top 4 D was moved for JVR.