Sign in to follow this  
Mantis Toboggan

VPN: Should I have one?

15 minutes ago, Debaser said:

well i'll just put this here just in case, but if anyone is still tyring to use KAT, stop now, since it's a honeypot. and it may not have happened to you, but there are definitely torrents put up out there on the public trackers that the MPAA / CRIA have put up themselves and just monitor the swarm, gather all the IPs connected to the swarm, and then send letters to your ISP. also you get loads of fakes/malware from public trackers

Even when I use Extratorrents because I have to, it's only because I've found a trusted uploader won't download anything from anybody else.  Even then, every time I click on a link on that site a separate web pages opens taking to some annoying advertising with endless pop up dialogues.   And I always use Bittorrent which is tied it to all my protection measures.

16 minutes ago, Armster said:

Even when I use Extratorrents because I have to, it's only because I've found a trusted uploader won't download anything from anybody else.  Even then, every time I click on a link on that site a separate web pages opens taking to some annoying advertising with endless pop up dialogues.   And I always use Bittorrent which is tied it to all my protection measures.

Exactly.  Just be careful what you download. Never had a problem...

2 hours ago, Raiden said:

Also, you can buy GCL for cheaper than you can here. 

I bought mine at 129.99. It turned out to be 145 after the conversion, but the best I could find up here was from Rogers at 179 and I still wouldn't get to see my Jets. 

I paid $149 CA, during the preseason, always on sale then. I can get around any blackouts, otherwise I wouldn't buy it.