Sign in to follow this  
StepOnYou

Who the fuck do we have on defense in the Marlies that will make me forget about trading Nylander?

On February-09-17 at 5:02 PM, StepOnYou said:

Which D is going to supplant Polak, Hunwick, or Carrick?

And

Why haven't they done it yet.

Come on. Give me some glimmer of hope.

Who is going to graduate from the Marlies so we don't have to trade Nylander for a D-man?

OK Im going to help you by unpacking everything thats wrong with your assertions so you can have a more intelligable approach to assesing our team and making judgements about what we need to do in the future.

1) Have patience - this is key to developing a consistently successful team. Patience when developing players. Your average NHLer takes 3-5 years after being drafted to be ready to challenge for an NHL roster spot. So typically guys stay in junior until 20 and still need 2-3 AHL seasons before being truely NHL quality players. If you have a very good NHL team the bar is set a bit higher.

Dermott and Nielsen are 1st year Pro's and likely need 1-2 more AHL seasons before making the jump. Valiev is a 2nd year pro so he is getting closer but it looks like Dermott and Nielsen are already ahead of him and have higher ceilings. Anyway next season or the following one 2 or 3 of those guys will be ready for NHL duty.

2) Have more patience - thinking in year 2 of a re-build we are in make or break mode and need to trade major assets for a d-man is wrong. We have time to let the team grow. Aside from that there are 8-10 assets we can trade for a top 4 d-man without getting rid of one of our best young players. Nylander is as close to untouchable as it gets.

On February-09-17 at 7:01 PM, Barilko's Ghost said:

When are you guys going to work out that this is a troll account?

Troll or not you treat them like a normal person. Maybe they learn something eventually. Playing stupid must get tiresome at some point.

On 2/9/2017 at 4:02 PM, StepOnYou said:

Which D is going to supplant Polak, Hunwick, or Carrick?

And

Why haven't they done it yet.

Come on. Give me some glimmer of hope.

Who is going to graduate from the Marlies so we don't have to trade Nylander for a D-man?

What is wrong with you?

On March-21-17 at 8:38 PM, tbnl said:

I'd rather just ban the fuckwit and be done with it. Adds nothing to the forum but annoyance.

I hear ya for sure. The good Catholic in me wants to lead people to good path of appreciating Logic Compassion Brotherhood and Optics.......I call it the LCBO philosophy.......magical world view really.

But seriously I just skim and if I see something I can clarify I do until like you say its obvious they arent being serious in their views.