Sign in to follow this  
Morrison7

Las Vegas Golden Knights Thread

21 minutes ago, Mrs. uteck's Daddy said:

I noticed today that nhl.com just refers to them as the Vegas Golden Knights... so VGK?

Maj voice "No.  Nobody will call them VGK.  Probably just the Knights.  That's what most people do, call teams with multiple names by the last word in the name." 

So, I'm bored and doing an expansion draft sim on capfriendly.com. They have a quick-protect system based on crowd-sourcing. This is the team I got;

Camalleri (NJD) - Plekanec (MTL) - Silverberg (ANA)

Pulkinnen (ARI) - Wilson (NSH) - Namestikov (TBL)

Miller (DET) - Hayes (NYR) - Hansen (SJS)

Rychel (TOR) - Brodziak (STL) - Blunden (OTT)

Deslaurier (BUF), Shinkaruk (CGY) 

Brodin (MIN) - Faulk (CAR) 

Johnson (CLB) - Demers (FLA)

Johns (DAL) - McNabb (LAK)

Pouliot (PIT) - Reinhart (EDM)

Arnesson

Halak (NYI)

Hutchinson (WPG)

Stolarz (PHI)

26/30 picks. Seems unlikely to me that Brodin and Faulk will be unprotected.

1 hour ago, Mrs. uteck's Daddy said:

So, I'm bored and doing an expansion draft sim on capfriendly.com. They have a quick-protect system based on crowd-sourcing.

Lineup I came up with: (I'm just basing positions on what is listed on the site)

Ryan-Plekanec-Slifverberg
Namestnikov-Stajan-Stempniak
Lowry-Hayes-Anderson
Jaskin-Jarnkrok-Fehr

Carrier,Nichushkin,Pulkkinen

Brodin-Sbisa
De Haan-McNabb
Van Riemsdyk-Schmitt

Ouelett,Manning,DeMelo,Reinhart,Pouliot

Varlamov
Reimer

Subban,Wedgewood

Max Cap Hit: 63.4M

11 minutes ago, Mrs. uteck's Daddy said:

You've got nearly $10m cap-space, why wouldn't you upgrade Sbisa to Faulk if he's available?

Or go

Faulk

Sbisa

Manning

down the right?

I mean, Faulk won't be unprotected in reality but while we're spitballing it seems to be a no-brainer.

Faulk will be protected though so it's kinda a moot point. I took into consideration some realistic scenarios like the rumored Leafs one with Fehr, and how Pens will protect Murray and deal Fleury.

1 minute ago, Mrs. uteck's Daddy said:

I guess that's fair enough but now I'm confused as to why you picked Brodin.

He won't be unprotected either.

Forgot about Wild one. I think Dumba was protected and Brodin wasn't? Either way, one of those Wild dmen will be taken(Dumba could be the fave)

But 10M in cap space means they could add to their lack of forward depth and try to sign someone like an Oshie,Vanek,Williams,Gagner,Eaves. That depth on the backend and good goaltending will be their strength. And in a league where teams only get like 2-3 goals a game, that might actually be good enough to win a good share of games.

Vegas hires Gallant, allegedly. Source is sketchy.

From multiple reports the Vegas Golden Knights have chosen their first ever franchise head coach and will be prepared to announce it on Thursday.

Elliotte Friedman and Sportsnet are reporting that their choice for first head coach will be former Florida Panthers head coach, Gerard Gallant.

http://www.hockeyinsiders.net/2017/04/12/breaking-vegas-has-chosen-their-head-coach/

VEGAS - May 4, 2017 - Vegas Golden Knights General Manager George McPhee announced today, May 4, that the team has signed Russian free agent forward Vadim Shipachyov (pronounced va-DEEM SHIP-ah-shoff) from SKA Saint Petersburg of the Kontinental Hockey League (Russia) to a two-year contract worth an average annual salary of $4.5 million. McPhee will be available to media via conference call on Friday, May 5. Those details will be sent by the Golden Knights Communications Staff on Friday.

It's totally not pronounced that way. Russians stress the middle syllable of a surname. Na-BOK-ov, not NAB-ok-ov. Var-LAM-ov, not VARL-om-ov.

Also, there's a 'y' in it. Ship-ACH-yov. In Cyrillic, it's Шипачёв. 'Ш' is pronounced 'sh', 'Ч' is pronounced 'ch'. Ship-ah-shof would be spelled Шипашёв in Cyrillic.

Edited by Dollface

Had to redo the Shipachyov (no matter how it gets pronounced) contract. They gave him a NTC that he wasn't eligible for per Friedman. Term and amount stay the same.

Edited by AoR

4 hours ago, Dollface said:

It's totally not pronounced that way. Russians stress the middle syllable of a surname. Na-BOK-ov, not NAB-ok-ov. Var-LAM-ov, not VARL-om-ov.

Also, there's a 'y' in it. Ship-ACH-yov.

"Lets go Ma-LK-in lets go!":lol:

They reached deal with Chicago Wolves. Will share them with Blues for next season, but after that the Blues will be getting their own affiliate again. If NHL isn't gonna go to KC, I wonder if at the very least maybe an AHL team goes to KC to become Blues affiliate.

Lately lots of teams have relocated due to their NHL team wanting them closer to their home. But Oilers/Flames got affiliate in California, Canucks got one in NY. Along with Vegas, those are only ones left to be relocated closer to their NHL team. But with the WHL, not really many options for those western Canadian teams to find affiliates close to them.

Could see some future swap happening. Oilers or Flames get Chicago(distance wise it's similar to their California team anyways), Vegas gets one of the California teams.

Edited by majingir

Marc Methot's stay with the Vegas Golden Knights lasted five days. Vegas traded the defenceman to the Dallas Stars on Monday in return for goalie Dylan Ferguson and a 2020 second-round pick. The 32-year-old was selected by the Golden Knights last week in their expansion draft.http://www.tsn.ca/golden-knights-trade-methot-to-stars-1.789754

•