Sign in to follow this  
Devin Weston

Night Owls X: TCO's Up In Smoke Tour

46 minutes ago, Armster said:

Started a new business.  Bookkeeping/business financial services and business start-up services.  Website is live, online marketing is set up.  Dream is to work from home but mostly to get the hell out of this construction industry FOR GOOD.

Congrats bro and good luck with the new venture.

Funny,.... I gave my notice at the mill and my last day there will be this friday. Too much sawdust over the years, so going to take the winter off (watch another shit ton of hockey and...)look for some part time work sometime next year.

10 minutes ago, Raiden said:

Holy shit, did all 3 of us decide to quit at the same time? 

Yep. 

My last day is this Friday. I got offered a few contracts that pay me significantly more than what I make now and I figure I get to work when I want from where I want 

7 minutes ago, Barilko's Ghost said:

Uhh, yeah... make that 4. I just left HP to become Sales Director for a new online media startup.

Good luck on your new mission dudes!

Well I've been my own boss for the past almost 7 years.  I haven't left yet and won't until I have a sustainable client base.  That said, even being your own boss you really aren't, your clients are.  Yes you have the freedom to set your own policy and things like when you wake up and productivity but when things get sour you can only stare back in the mirror at your own ugly mug.  

I have issues working under someone else because I think I'm smarter than them( even when it's not always true) and don't hide it.  So it works for me. Plus I do enjoy the level of independence that comes with that.

I want to publish a website consisting, essentially, of a single time-lapse image of an atlas which shows territorial occupation of WWII's belligerents between 1931 and 1945 on a month by month basis.

So, a question for the tech types out there;

How?

Would it change your answer if the eventual goal was for it to be interactive, so that a person could mouse over a certain area and have information/history on the forces in that area display?

4 hours ago, Pete the Jakey said:

I want to publish a website consisting, essentially, of a single time-lapse image of an atlas which shows territorial occupation of WWII's belligerents between 1931 and 1945 on a month by month basis.

So, a question for the tech types out there;

How?

Would it change your answer if the eventual goal was for it to be interactive, so that a person could mouse over a certain area and have information/history on the forces in that area display?

I’d be surprised if that didn’t exist already, definitely sounds like an excellent tool for research/teaching