Sign in to follow this  
Devin Weston

Night Owls X: TCO's Up In Smoke Tour

All I said was I switched and had a bad experience so came back because my experience is iPhone has been more durable. 

I hate the whole Android v. iPhone hostile debate. iPhone can't do x, Samsung can't do y. Whatever, get what you like, for 99% of people it's inconsequential. 

59 minutes ago, Pai Mei said:

in this thread: everyone pretending one phone does what they need better than any other.

ive had iphone x for abit now and while I like it, i’d likely be just as happy with any other current phone.

My iPhone XVII is so much BETTER than the iPhone X

51 minutes ago, TuckerIntensity said:

I hate the whole Android v. iPhone hostile debate. iPhone can't do x, Samsung can't do y. Whatever, get what you like, for 99% of people it's inconsequential. 

Like this. Because every company doesn't release the newest greatest version of whatever they sell at every turn. That's technology. 

1 hour ago, Armster said:

There are pretty fucking clear differences and usages between an iPhone and Samsung unless your technologically retarded and/or don't care.  Try to get apple running microsoft office or accounting programs efficiently

Attaching files in emails is... different, as is trying to locate files you saved from emails.

Word and Excel work the same as they do on my Note 8. MS has gotten so much better at keeping the programs uniformed across systems. Much better than it was.

But I'm using my excel for a simple budget, not a hardcore accounting or anything lol 

31 minutes ago, Raiden said:

Attaching files in emails is... different, as is trying to locate files you saved from emails.

Word and Excel work the same as they do on my Note 8. MS has gotten so much better at keeping the programs uniformed across systems. Much better than it was.

But I'm using my excel for a simple budget, not a hardcore accounting or anything lol 

Well get hardcore!

For basic excel use like SUM and it's functions I'm sure it's similar.  When you get to advanced functions like V or HLOOKUP, pivot tables, and that type of thing I doubt it offers the same functionality but I don't know for sure.  In fact, if I remember correctly there's certain cross sheet functionality issues that require macros being written to make it come together.  Good for the average user, not so good for people like me.

Edit: I did a review out of curiousity

https://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/Documentation/UserGuide/Migration_Guide/Calc_and_Excel

Open Office does look pretty good in what it offers but it's definitely missing some key functions especially for statistics. Seems like it'd a be a nightmare to do a regressions and other statistical analysis.  I'll have to try it out though.

1 hour ago, Bojack said:

Why use Excel? Opencalc is mostly the same, occasionally better and free.

The entire MS Office range of programs are either unremarkable, or shit.

I got the Office 2016 from my old job for free, so I've kept it and my 1TB One Drive storage. 

If it wasn't, I would be back on Google Docs 

Remember QWERTY phones?

Laugh all you want, but I could never give up my blackberry keyone.

It has buttons! SO many buttons!

The deformed bastard child of a typewriter and gameboy colour running on android. It's an abomination.

Edited by tbnl

1 hour ago, Kulemin said:

Open office sounds like a nightmare. I’m sure it’s good but I can’t imagine switching over to it in a business setting. Too many unnecessary problems.

It's not a nightmare.  I'd certainly use it for personal tasks if it was between paying for Office Suite and it but for business use it's a non-starter.  

1 hour ago, Armster said:

It's not a nightmare.  I'd certainly use it for personal tasks if it was between paying for Office Suite and it but for business use it's a non-starter.  

Business wise it sounds like it. Trying to deal with compatibility alone is not worth it. I just looked it up and apparently open office has it’s own kind of version of power pivots. 

Personal use I agree,  if you can’t get office for cheap go for open office. 

Opencalc might be a non-starter for 'business', though it can do all the things you listed above, Armster. I really wouldn't know, the most complex thing I use a spreadsheet for in a work-context is estate-accounting.

Not every 'business' requires extensive use of spreadsheets, however. For what I do, OpenOffice is vastly better than MS Office due to stability and security alone. 

Then again, OpenOffice isn't free for commercial use, so...

Edited by Bojack

Clean, sanitize and wash your hands as much as possible to avoid all the icky, sick stuff.  Protect yourself as much as possible. 

However, you lose immunity to the potential icky, sick stuff. Thus, you can become even more sick because you were never exposed to it. 

Bit of a catch-22, eh? 

10 minutes ago, §andman said:

Clean, sanitize and wash your hands as much as possible to avoid all the icky, sick stuff.  Protect yourself as much as possible. 

However, you lose immunity to the potential icky, sick stuff. Thus, you can become even more sick because you were never exposed to it. 

Bit of a catch-22, eh? 

Like everything in life, it's a balance.

The most disgusting thing ever is washing your hands in a public bathroom and seeing someone exit a stall and walk right by you and exit the bathroom without washing your hands. Most of the things you touch in public have someones poop hand germs on them.

On 1/10/2019 at 5:59 PM, Armster said:

There are pretty fucking clear differences and usages between an iPhone and Samsung unless your technologically retarded and/or don't care.  Try to get apple running microsoft office or accounting programs efficiently

why would i run microsoft office & accounting programs on my phone?

you guys are doing way too much on your phones.