Sign in to follow this  
Devin Weston

Night Owls X: TCO's Up In Smoke Tour

2 minutes ago, Armster said:

And now McDonald's has this issue too, since they've installed those self-checkout/pay computers.  You walk into a McDonald's service lobby, and I don't know what the fuck is going on.  

Next they're going to raise the price of stamps on us again!

Just now, HBCYG said:

Next they're going to raise the price of stamps on us again!

Seems to happen monthly.  Notice they don't even put a price on the motherfuckers anymore.  It just comes with a special symbol because they raise the price so goddamn often they can't even keep track of it.

2 hours ago, Armster said:

The issue I've had with self checkout is that like anything where the general public is responsible for organizing and following through all on their own, is that nobody knows how to form fucking proper lines.  There's usually two+ sides to a self-checkout area.  Form a fucking line at each side and if the line you pick moves slower, tough shit.  Instead, people'd rather just hover in some sort of half-assed police line-up style, attempt to keep track of which position they are in, and then dive at the next open register like someone is trying to steal their spot in line.  No motherfucker, I'm not going to attempt to take your spot, unlike you my day isn't going to be made or broken by the speed with which I get through the self-checkout, so stop sizing me up as if you're worried about it.

It’s funny you should post this. I accidentally walked by the entire line yesterday and went right to an unoccupied terminal and didn’t realize it

You could theoretically pursue a child-abuse case.

I also came away with the overwhelming impression that the parents were fucking morons, not that he was some master manipulator.

"My therapist says I need to spend the night in bed with your teenage daughter."

"Of course, that sounds fine. Come in, Machiavelli."

2 hours ago, King of Dick Mountain said:

You could theoretically pursue a child-abuse case.

I also came away with the overwhelming impression that the parents were fucking morons, not that he was some master manipulator.

"My therapist says I need to spend the night in bed with your teenage daughter."

"Of course, that sounds fine. Come in, Machiavelli."

1. Jan is extremely courageous.

2. These horrible parents are morons.

3. It's a shame there isn't a hell for this guy to go to.

Those three thoughts circled my mind for the whole documentary. It's almost hard to believe that they weren't aiding him. There are parts of the mothers story that made me sick and disgusted at her for being so weak and selfish. The creep that wants to marry your 13 year old daughter and kidnapped her and brought her to Mexico is showing interest in you and you fall for it? WHAT THE FUCK! I'd almost blame it all on them being idiots except for them giving up their shot to lock him away because they didn't want to look bad in their community for having an affair with him. That is unforgivable. Any parent would do whatever it takes to keep their child safe, especially from a predator like him.That poor girl needed her parents to protect her and they failed at every fucking step. The mother having an affair with him AFTER the kidnapping would have been the final straw for me if there weren't ten finals straws before it. The predators brother is also a giant piece of shit scumbag, worse than your typical used car salesman stereotype.

6 hours ago, Kulemin said:

1. Jan is extremely courageous.

2. These horrible parents are morons.

3. It's a shame there isn't a hell for this guy to go to.

Those three thoughts circled my mind for the whole documentary. It's almost hard to believe that they weren't aiding him. There are parts of the mothers story that made me sick and disgusted at her for being so weak and selfish. The creep that wants to marry your 13 year old daughter and kidnapped her and brought her to Mexico is showing interest in you and you fall for it? WHAT THE FUCK! I'd almost blame it all on them being idiots except for them giving up their shot to lock him away because they didn't want to look bad in their community for having an affair with him. That is unforgivable. Any parent would do whatever it takes to keep their child safe, especially from a predator like him.That poor girl needed her parents to protect her and they failed at every fucking step. The mother having an affair with him AFTER the kidnapping would have been the final straw for me if there weren't ten finals straws before it. The predators brother is also a giant piece of shit scumbag, worse than your typical used car salesman stereotype.

Easy, easy now. Todd used to be a used car salesman.

You're going to have to define 'progress'. Replacing workers with machinery doesn't necessarily progress humanity. It does necessarily progress those who hold the means of production and force the rest of us into wage-slavery. Have you noticed lower prices at the till due to lower payroll? I haven't, either. Weird, huh? You are not a capitalist; you're the mark. A resource to be exploited and discarded when you're no longer of any use. 

The Luddites were right. The Industrial Revolution was disastrous for the vast majority of people. 

43 minutes ago, King of Dick Mountain said:

You're going to have to define 'progress'. Replacing workers with machinery doesn't necessarily progress humanity. It does necessarily progress those who hold the means of production and force the rest of us into wage-slavery. Have you noticed lower prices at the till due to lower payroll? I haven't, either. Weird, huh? You are not a capitalist; you're the mark. A resource to be exploited and discarded when you're no longer of any use. 

The Luddites were right. The Industrial Revolution was disastrous for the vast majority of people. 

I just want to leave the grocery store quicker