Sign in to follow this  
Devin Weston

Night Owls X: TCO's Up In Smoke Tour

2 hours ago, Devin Weston said:

Vancouver's terrible in that regard. Alberta's not that much better off either.

Tennessee though? I like the sound of that. You may even want to take some time to go watch a Preds game live when the Leafs are in town. I know I would.

It isn't just housing here though. Gas is $1.26.9 The cost of living here in general is ridiculous.

Spent most of the night on the throne, exploding from both ends. Fun times. 

Lucky that the exam today was Professional Responsibility, and all the answers were completely obvious.

"Sam deposits his client's cheque into his general account, not his trust account, then withdraws it and spends it on hookers.

What did Sam do wrong?"

Well, gee, let's have a think...

1 hour ago, Withnail said:

Spent most of the night on the throne, exploding from both ends. Fun times. 

Lucky that the exam today was Professional Responsibility, and all the answers were completely obvious.

"Sam deposits his client's cheque into his general account, not his trust account, then withdraws it and spends it on hookers.

What did Sam do wrong?"

Well, gee, let's have a think...

I don't know. What did i do wrong?

Perhaps @Debaser or someone working in the field of IT can give me some input on this.

We've been given a scenario in which we have to come up with an idea as to which direction we'll be going in to undergo a project to overhaul a company's network infrastructure. So here's the rundown:

-The company is based out of Halifax, NS (HQ).
-A site located in Lunenburg, NS (manufacturing plant)
-An empty building in Montague, P.E.I (to be turned into a plant)
-A site in Moncton, NB (manufacturing plant)
- Finally, a site in Markham, ON (sales office)

The company's recent expansion means that it has not had time to ensure that the company's overall network infrastructure and hardware/software are consistent and up-to-date. The Moncton plant has little network infrastructure and will basically need to be upgraded from scratch, while both Montague and Markham sites have nothing.

Currently, they have a basic LAN at each of the 3 initial sites (Halifax, Lunenburg, Markham) and a limited WAN linking the 3 sites together. This limited network has several major problems. As well, the company's overall hardware/software environment has several issues, including being outdated.

Due to the fact that there are major networking issues in addition to an outdated computer environment means that a major overhaul is needed. In addition, Montague, Moncton, and the Markham sites have to be brought into the company's configuration.

The company wants to implement an enterprise-wide network that will solve the current problems, have a modern LAN at each site and an efficient WAN to provide fast data connectivity between all sites. Access to the internet from any site is also a requirement of a new system, as is the online automation of the entire company's network administrative and management functions.

A new network must incorporate a number of considerations in its design. For example, the lifespan of the network must be, at least, several years before any major upgrades are expected. The company expects to continue to expand with more users and possibly new sites, so the network must be able to grow without having to be rebuilt. There are several other important considerations, such as security and efficiency.

The company needs a new, up-to-date network that will meet its needs now and in the future. Requirements include new hardware and software, several LANS and a WAN, internet access, support for an intranet, etc.

2 hours ago, Mantis Toboggan said:

@Sam Spade

massive earthquake in the Gulf of Alaska, tsunami warning on the island .. stay safe

Thanks man. All good here. It kind of sucked though, one of our daughters called at 3:15 am to tell us about it. I told her she would be fine. That is a good reason not to live too close to the ocean. Also at higher ground of course.