Sign in to follow this  
Devin Weston

Night Owls X: TCO's Up In Smoke Tour

Why do places ask for tips when I pick up my order? If I order pizza, and you deliver it, sure I'll tip the driver. Or if I'm sitting down for an hour and a half at a restaurant and you have to serve me for that time, sure I'll tip you. But if I drive myself to your location to pick up my pizza, I'm not tipping you. I don't tip fast food workers and I don't see how it's any different.

I mean restaurants and shit could also pay their employees decently so i don't have to tip them at all but you know.

1 hour ago, Slasher said:

Why do places ask for tips when I pick up my order? If I order pizza, and you deliver it, sure I'll tip the driver. Or if I'm sitting down for an hour and a half at a restaurant and you have to serve me for that time, sure I'll tip you. But if I drive myself to your location to pick up my pizza, I'm not tipping you. I don't tip fast food workers and I don't see how it's any different.

I mean restaurants and shit could also pay their employees decently so i don't have to tip them at all but you know.

I alternate between two Pizzaiolo locations and the one always requests a tip when I pay by credit. It’s really weird

8 hours ago, Mantis Toboggan said:

I alternate between two Pizzaiolo locations and the one always requests a tip when I pay by credit. It’s really weird

Yeah and I'm just talking the pretty meh places. Both pizza hut and dominos ask for a tip when paying debit for pickup. Fuck outta here.

tbf Pizza Hut at least, because they are also a sit-in restaurant, have that option on their terminals for their in house servers.

Other places that are just pick up and/or delivery will have the tip option because the terminals are set up for delivery. There is no good reason for a business to have 2 (or more) separate terminal set ups.

1 hour ago, Slasher said:

Yeah and I'm just talking the pretty meh places. Both pizza hut and dominos ask for a tip when paying debit for pickup. Fuck outta here.

Ya, not happening from me. I do tip the mom and pop shawarma place when I pick up, but the people there are dope and they bend over backwards to get it right.. Plus, best shawarma in town. Don't want them going anywhere.

I'll take some free advice. 

I'm making more money now, and my last two payments, I took the extra money I made and opened a new RRSP seperate from my banks. Someone told me that would be smart. Don't pool it in one place, keep some with my bank to make them happy, and then open another one with a credit union. 

So, I did it, because why not. But, now it's late, I'm stoned, and I don't trust his advice. So I'll ask you fucks, what would you do with it? Hookers and Blow are not an option. 

38 minutes ago, Raiden said:

I'll take some free advice. 

I'm making more money now, and my last two payments, I took the extra money I made and opened a new RRSP seperate from my banks. Someone told me that would be smart. Don't pool it in one place, keep some with my bank to make them happy, and then open another one with a credit union. 

So, I did it, because why not. But, now it's late, I'm stoned, and I don't trust his advice. So I'll ask you fucks, what would you do with it? Hookers and Blow are not an option. 

Depends on how long you expect to live, if you have kids, your risk tolerance.

Blow is not a good option with your heart, but vacationing with hookers is

I told the bank I didn't really care what happened with my money. Try and make money for me, if you lose it all, fuck you, but whatever. 

I can't leave money in a savings account, I'll just buy shit. So I lock it up in RRSPs and pray a bad day doesn't arrive that I can't cover with credit cards until next pay. 

The good news, I don't think I have very many big purchases left. A furnace and kitchen remodeling are what's left to do in the house. Well, I actually can't decide if I want to get rid of my boiler in favour of a furnace. This heat is pretty OG. My skin is beautiful now because it's not the Sahara desert dry. 

1 minute ago, Raiden said:

I told the bank I didn't really care what happened with my money. Try and make money for me, if you lose it all, fuck you, but whatever. 

I can't leave money in a savings account, I'll just buy shit. So I lock it up in RRSPs and pray a bad day doesn't arrive that I can't cover with credit cards until next pay. 

The good news, I don't think I have very many big purchases left. A furnace and kitchen remodeling are what's left to do in the house. Well, I actually can't decide if I want to get rid of my boiler in favour of a furnace. This heat is pretty OG. My skin is beautiful now because it's not the Sahara desert dry. 

You could give it to me for safe keeping.

1 hour ago, Raiden said:

Yeah, but I don't trust you. 

There are only a few people I'd trust that much.

I wouldn't take the money anyways. I never borrow money and if I do I feel compelled to give it back as soon as possible. I hate feeling like I owe someone something or like giving someone that over me.

Just now, Kulemin said:

There are only a few people I'd trust that much.

I wouldn't take the money anyways. I never borrow money and if I do I feel compelled to give it back as soon as possible. I hate feeling like I owe someone something or like giving someone that over me.

I trust banks out of necessity.

Ask me how long that took to spell out. It was bad. I went with nessisity, then nessity, then neccessity, and finally landed necessity.