Raiden

Playstation 4

I wasn't that impressed by the presentation the other day. I'll probably end up with both consoles again, but more bothered about the next xbox. I can't see Sony being around by the end of the life cycle, going on recent losses.

Isn't the number 4 unlucky?

Always was a sony guy and then made a mistake going with the 360. I don't expect to get PS4 on launch day or even in the first couple months cause itll probably be at a ridiculous price, probably looking at 500 again. If its 300 or under id consider it but when the PS3 came out it was stupid, not like money is a problem its just crazy spending 500+ tax on a game console, plus another 80 or so on A game.

Well, I dunno. We don't actually know what the price will be but $429 or $529 would still be a lot better than the $549 and $699 the PS3 launch at here in Canada.

Word from Sony is they are flexible on price this gen. Probably because they axed backwards compatibility and they are using less proprietary/expensive tech

PS3 was a perfect storm. Blu-ray, Cell processor, emotion engine chip for PS2/PS1 playback, unneeded ports

every time I play PS3 lately I just think about what a waste of potential it was. The exclusives were great and it was supposed to be powerful. But the loading times are just awful, I can barely even use the XMB while in game.

I can't believe that I used to defend it to death. Hopefully they don't screw up on the PS4. 

every time I play PS3 lately I just think about what a waste of potential it was. The exclusives were great and it was supposed to be powerful. But the loading times are just awful, I can barely even use the XMB while in game.

I can't believe that I used to defend it to death. Hopefully they don't screw up on the PS4. 

This is why I don't pick one side and defend it. Both the PS3 and 360 fucked up on something. Remember the old 360 Dashboard? Blades only? Yeah, that was pretty fucking terrible and we were stuck with that for almost 2 years after launch. Then there was the whole 200 dollars for a 120 gig hdd. Glad they came down on price 4 years later and was only 200 dollars for a 250 gig hdd.  

I hated a couple things about the PS3. The one that sticks out the most was the god damn install of shit when I put a new game in. Bitch, I want to play, let me play. The load times follow closely behind it. MGS4 comes to mind. Man those were brutal.

This is why I don't pick one side and defend it. Both the PS3 and 360 fucked up on something. Remember the old 360 Dashboard? Blades only? Yeah, that was pretty fucking terrible and we were stuck with that for almost 2 years after launch. Then there was the whole 200 dollars for a 120 gig hdd. Glad they came down on price 4 years later and was only 200 dollars for a 250 gig hdd.  

I hated a couple things about the PS3. The one that sticks out the most was the god damn install of shit when I put a new game in. Bitch, I want to play, let me play. The load times follow closely behind it. MGS4 comes to mind. Man those were brutal.

Oh I'd take the "blades" dashboard over that advertisement filled crap they have now. 

Those installs were bad, and there was always what happened if you didn't buy a game on release day. Updates that took over 30 mins

The only load time that has ever bothered me on the PS3 is the NHL Be a GM sim time.  The Show doesn't take that long, why must you take so fucking long... and then do random shit in the middle of it so I can't just leave the fucking room and let it sim?  Nothing like "oh, I got 10 minutes to sim this shit," leave the room, come back 10 minutes later, "NYR has offered you a third round pick for Jordan Eberle, Taylor Hall, a fifth rounder and the rights to Wayne Gretzky's children" on October the 17th.  Fuck you NHL sim.

Oh, and the system updates when I want to play a game.  But that's my fault because I put them off forever.

Load times definitely are a bother. If I want to play NHL 13 I should be able to turn on the system and and be in a game in the time it takes a PC to boot (say 25 seconds). There are times that I want to check my HUT stuff but I decide not to because I don't want to wait 6 minutes to get into the HUT screen after turning on the PS3, loading up the game, signing into PSN, and connecting to EA. When I press circle to go back in a menu, it should appear instantaneously not after a full 2 seconds. And then the GM Connected load times were even more insane that I had to quit my league on the first day.