Raiden

Playstation 4

49 minutes ago, Armster said:

Crazy that you guys have to pay 80 for a video game + whatever the downloadable content costs.  Unless gaming is a hobby, I just don't see how it's sustainable. 

That's not even the tip of the iceberg. Online games are bad for milking players with in game purchases, but single player games are pretty much set costs. Game prices come down pretty quickly too. 

1 hour ago, Armster said:

Crazy that you guys have to pay 80 for a video game + whatever the downloadable content costs.  Unless gaming is a hobby, I just don't see how it's sustainable. 

I don't really think it's that bad... if you buy a video game and spend I don't know, 24 hours playing it over the next few weeks maybe? $80 bucks for 24 hours of entertainment isn't that bad. 

If you're only playing single player games you should probably just wait until the game is discounted in a few months to like 40 bucks or whatever too. 

26 minutes ago, Nipzie said:

That's not even the tip of the iceberg. Online games are bad for milking players with in game purchases, but single player games are pretty much set costs. Game prices come down pretty quickly too. 

Mehhhh sorta... depends what you're playing. The online is the only reason to justify spending full price on most games and there's plenty of online games where purchases don't actually upgrade your guy's level or anything. 

31 minutes ago, TieClark said:

I don't really think it's that bad... if you buy a video game and spend I don't know, 24 hours playing it over the next few weeks maybe? $80 bucks for 24 hours of entertainment isn't that bad. 

If you're only playing single player games you should probably just wait until the game is discounted in a few months to like 40 bucks or whatever too. 

Mehhhh sorta... depends what you're playing. The online is the only reason to justify spending full price on most games and there's plenty of online games where purchases don't actually upgrade your guy's level or anything. 

Hmmm, I disagree. I play any online game on Steam and single player games on my consoles. If I like and really support the game publisher and developer I'll get it full price on release. And usually that means I get to play it a year later when I get time lol. If it's an experimental or different genre they took a risk on and I like the idea even if their execution isn't necessarily going to be top notch I'll also buy it at launch to hopefully help get more made in that genre. 

I want a certain amount of time in a game too, but like 4 dollars an hour or like 20 hours of it's a good game is fine by me. Most of my games are probably 40 bucks or less nowadays though. 

46 minutes ago, Nipzie said:

Hmmm, I disagree. I play any online game on Steam and single player games on my consoles. If I like and really support the game publisher and developer I'll get it full price on release. And usually that means I get to play it a year later when I get time lol. If it's an experimental or different genre they took a risk on and I like the idea even if their execution isn't necessarily going to be top notch I'll also buy it at launch to hopefully help get more made in that genre. 

I want a certain amount of time in a game too, but like 4 dollars an hour or like 20 hours of it's a good game is fine by me. Most of my games are probably 40 bucks or less nowadays though. 

PC is basically it’s own thing separate from consoles for video games though. 

If im paying full price for a game I’m either really interested in it (like the last of us 2) or it’s online and I want to play with friends (nhl). 

I don't know enough about gaming to argue but I do know my son got Smash Bros for his birthday and then shook me down for another $40 for the game for some online content all his friends had.

Fuck me having to edit every post because I updated my phone and now my autocorrect has gone off the deep end again.

4 minutes ago, Armster said:

I don't know enough about gaming to argue but I do know my son got Smash Bros for his birthday and then shook me down for another $40 for the game for some online content all his friends had.

Fuck me having to edit every post because I updated my phone and now my autocorrect has gone off the deep end again.

Yeah Nintendo puts out cream of the crop content, but don't expect the price to really ever go down for any games or add ons. 

15 minutes ago, Tristan28 said:

Finally got PS+ .  Anyone in to Bloodborne, Battelfield  1, or World of Warships?

I enjoyed battlefield 1 a lot but don’t have it installed anymore.

If anyone with PS4 wants to try out world of Chel in NHL 20 let me know