• Jim Clancy
    • Juan Guzman
    • Other

1. Roy Halladay

2. Dave Stieb

3.Roger Clemens

4. Jimmy Key

5. Pat Hentgen

The hardest part for me was pushing Clemens to third but he just didn't have the career value that Stieb and Halladay hold. Clemens was retarded when he was here but he was only here for two seasons and likely juiced up.  Still though he came in and deserved and won two Cy Youngs but again his career value for the Jays was nowhere near Stieb and Halladay.

Also worth nothing that Stieb was jobbed of one Cy Young award based on voter's w/l bias and that probably also cost him a spot in the HOF unbelievably.  There were two 20+ game winners back then who had good underlying stats but nowhere near Stieb's.

Yeah I agree with that order @Armster

I'm biased to Halladay as I saw him pitch live at the Skydome twice and both times he put on a pitching clinic I will never forget. When Halladay was on there was no better pitcher in baseball.

Had Clemens played longer for the Jays he'd be number one but he wasn't there long enough. 

Edit: Just saw I had to pick 5. And this would also be my rotational order. 

1-Halladay

2-Clemens

3-Stieb

4-Key

5-Hentgen

Edited by juice

Halladay - in every sense of the word he was a quality number 1, he won 52% of his Blue Jay starts and that's not to say he lost 48% I don't know how many no decisions and to lazy to look it up, but one thing for sure that 52% is a monster number

Stieb, he worked a game at lightning speed not a lot of time between throws and during his hay days had the best slider in all of baseball and the hardest, a decent fastball and a change-up that made a lot of opponents look silly. Winning records on not so very good teams and 7 allstar nods, he was also known to be annoying to the opposition

Pat Hentgen - in game 3 of the 4 game stand who better then to follow the Stieb stress test then Pat Hentgen, cerebral cunning with great junk that set up his pin point fastball

Clemens - game 4 of the 4 game stand and you want a sweep and you want to give your bullpen a rest, put Clemens in and tell him you need 15 SO's and a complete game and roger would deliver just a totally overpowering guy on the mound...

Key - He was adept at enticing the ground ball out, he had a respectable fastball, but his sinker and slider were his money pitches, he also had a change up that wouldn't break glass

20 hours ago, juice said:

Yeah I agree with that order @Armster

I'm biased to Halladay as I saw him pitch live at the Skydome twice and both times he put on a pitching clinic I will never forget. When Halladay was on there was no better pitcher in baseball.

Had Clemens played longer for the Jays he'd be number one but he wasn't there long enough. 

Edit: Just saw I had to pick 5. And this would also be my rotational order. 

1-Halladay

2-Clemens

3-Stieb

4-Key

5-Hentgen

You still need to pick 4 more pitchers in the poll.

Just now, Armster said:

I think i might be able to manually do it.

Cool. It did.  Seems to be a unanimous top 5 so far anyways.

This will be open over the weekend and on Tuesday I will compile the results.

@doctorkong

@TuckerIntensity

@TieClark

@Morrison7

@sandman

@loxcane

@Victorqvist

@NFK

@Karl

10 minutes ago, juice said:

Cool thanks. And I guess we will see who is the number one all time with the pitcher who ends up being the Ace the most. Are we also doing relievers and closers?

ABsolutely bench players too if this doesn't get drawn out lol.

1 hour ago, Armster said:

That's true he could have been on the list of options.

Also rotational lists please fuckers.

I was mostly joking, but he's probably closer to being in the voting list than I think. 

Either way, it's pretty easy for me to pick the five. Order?

Halladay, Stieb, Clemens, Hentgen, Key.

I'm assuming Jays careers only. Clemens went back to back Cy, but the longevity of the other two take it for me. I'm not sure I actually care who starts game one of a series of those three though.