Sign in to follow this  
Armster

New Web Browser

43 minutes ago, Sypher_04 said:

I've played with Brave a bit. Seems speedy enough. If they wanna get big though, they'll need to work on the UI. It's not overly pleasing aesthetically.

I'd be happy if it stayed exactly as is.  I'm good with simple.  

27 minutes ago, Armster said:

I'd be happy if it stayed exactly as is.  I'm good with simple.  

I mean, I don't mind it that much, but it has very heavy, hard, square edges. Even just softening the edges would go a long way to improving its appeal.

Obviously from a technical standpoint it makes no difference, but it's UI will hold it back in terms of mass adoption, even if it shouldn't.

1 hour ago, Sypher_04 said:

I mean, I don't mind it that much, but it has very heavy, hard, square edges. Even just softening the edges would go a long way to improving its appeal.

Obviously from a technical standpoint it makes no difference, but it's UI will hold it back in terms of mass adoption, even if it shouldn't.

Oh yeah I don't think it's a finished product at all.  v1.0 is still to be released.  But knowing I can browse without feeling like the great big eyes of Google are tracking me feels good  Of course that is until Google snaps it up :/

1 hour ago, Dollface said:

It's actually Mike's response that makes it feel infomercially, not the OP.

Sorry. Had to let @Armster, know how well it worked while browsing used Vic. I go to that site a lot. It really is, slow as fuck with Google Chrome. Whilst only the thickness of a pubic hair better on Firefox.:)

Edited by Nigel Tufnel

I haven't been happy with Firefox or Chrome in months. I don't know why, but they just seem... Stagnant. It never loads faster, only slower, after each update. I never had to worry about memory leaks with either but I have already caught both Firefox and Chrome just eating my ram for no reason. 

Granted, I guess when you are competing with Edge you don't have to do much. 

Chrome mysteriously crashes on my Surface, gone, can't restore my point. I'd suspect MS trashing it except, on my Nexus, it's next to useless. I can clear the cache and labour through re-entering everything but holy fuck.

I can see why Android tablets are dying. Maybe Edge is the answer, if I could just start to like it.

So I tested this out using it the same as I use Chrome. Multiple tabs open across multiple screens and I have to say it was terrible.

I couldn't scroll through LC without the browser freezing. When watching videos they buffered and/or dropped in quality.

Beyond the ascetics which Syph mentioned it just didn't work for me at all. I will keep it around for a while and see if the performance might improve with some updates in the future.