Sign in to follow this  
Armster

Patrick Brown

he's making a very strong case of distancing himself and keeping religious viewpoints out of party politics, but like the saying goes "methinks he doth protest too much"

his less then enthusiastic support of some basic human rights and his promise to keep right to life politics out of caucus seem lukewarm at best

the other thing I find a little disturbing is the so called "people's guarantee" proclamation, it sounds suspiciously like a liberal platform, the socially conservative Brown who wouldn't sign the OPSEU "we own it" pledge(a moratorium on privatisation) just doesn't sit well, as I think he doesn't want to be seen as cavorting with "union types" 

To me he seems like right of centre PC, who's trying very hard to to look left of centre and progressive....to me he is a reformer in progressive conservative clothing

Andrea Horvath would be a better option I would think, not saying the situation is the same but Rachel Notely seems to be doing some very good things in Alberta and bringing back some financial health after years of conservative corporate giveaways

4 hours ago, koho said:

he's making a very strong case of distancing himself and keeping religious viewpoints out of party politics, but like the saying goes "methinks he doth protest too much"

his less then enthusiastic support of some basic human rights and his promise to keep right to life politics out of caucus seem lukewarm at best

the other thing I find a little disturbing is the so called "people's guarantee" proclamation, it sounds suspiciously like a liberal platform, the socially conservative Brown who wouldn't sign the OPSEU "we own it" pledge(a moratorium on privatisation) just doesn't sit well, as I think he doesn't want to be seen as cavorting with "union types" 

To me he seems like right of centre PC, who's trying very hard to to look left of centre and progressive....to me he is a reformer in progressive conservative clothing

Andrea Horvath would be a better option I would think, not saying the situation is the same but Rachel Notely seems to be doing some very good things in Alberta and bringing back some financial health after years of conservative corporate giveaways

You nailed it koho. Anyone who can't find lots wrong with Brown isn't looking. Time to give Andrea a chance.

23 minutes ago, Mitch Mattlander said:

You nailed it koho. Anyone who can't find lots wrong with Brown isn't looking. Time to give Andrea a chance.

That's not true at all and what a disingenuous comment not that I'm surprised you would make it.

Anyone can find lots wrong with any leaders of the parties so fuck off.  Perhaps a PC leadership with an NDP minority might be a good thing but christ you get sensitive at any criticisms of Liberals eh?

1 hour ago, Armster said:

That's not true at all and what a disingenuous comment not that I'm surprised you would make it.

I could have written that post for you, before you did, because, well I knew you'd write it. You stupid fuck, you said you couldn't find anything wrong and now you're saying anyone can, but that's the way you usually react when called on your bullshit.

I said I can't find any glaring weakness.  A far cry from it's perfect.  Unless you're a total pants down moron you understand perspective when discussing party leaders.  

I was looking for major weaknesses not some twit to tell me something that applies across the board without prejudice and especially not that from someone who suckles  on the tit of the Ontario Liberals.

6 minutes ago, Armster said:

I said I can't find any glaring weakness.  A far cry from it's perfect.  Unless you're a total pants down moron you understand perspective when discussing party leaders.  

I was looking for major weaknesses not some twit to tell me something that applies across the board without prejudice and especially not that from someone who suckles  on the tit of the Ontario Liberals.

Again,  I knew you would get defensive and claim you were only looking for glaring weaknesses and that Saint Patrick's weaknesses are dim. I also knew you'd claim I love Ontario Liberals when I suggested it's time for Andrea and am going to vote NDP, which is how I usually have voted in Ontario.

I can't deal with his rural mpp douchers. 

I read some of his magazine thing, I forget what they called it, and it had some good points. I'm a bit concerned by his seemingly liberal agenda. By that I mean using current Liberal ideas to gain votes where his rural mpps can't.

I'm also concerned he's not good for my livelihood. His party, I suppose, but his paper seemed silent on post secondary education funding, but maybe I missed it. 

2 minutes ago, §andman said:

We need an actual revolution. 

Vote in the green party. Change it all up. Make the Liberals and Conservatives sweat. 

We do but I'm a somewhat strategic voter. Green aren't getting in so I'll do what I can for the NDP. They've only had one chance in Ontario, and yes they did fuck it up so bad that we got stuck with Mike the Indian Hunter. Municipal debt and property taxes soared after his reign of terror and his band of thugs are still infiltrating provincial and federal conservatives.

Fucking conservatives, can't just be fiscal conservatives anymore.  They welcome the extremists, support carbon taxes, fix the nominations, and still use Brylcreem.

32 minutes ago, Mitch Mattlander said:

Again,  I knew you would get defensive and claim you were only looking for glaring weaknesses and that Saint Patrick's weaknesses are dim. I also knew you'd claim I love Ontario Liberals when I suggested it's time for Andrea and am going to vote NDP, which is how I usually have voted in Ontario.

"I Knew"  "I knew" You knew because that's exactly what I said. shut the fuck up and provide some substance or don't and keep acting like a tit and telling everyone they don't like Wynne because she's a gay female and that she is just fine because your personal hydro bill is under $100.  You're voting Horwath because you'd be a fucking retard to vote Wynne so at least you finally figured that one out.

11 minutes ago, Armster said:

"I Knew"  "I knew" You knew because that's exactly what I said. shut the fuck up and provide some substance or don't and keep acting like a tit and telling everyone they don't like Wynne because she's a gay female and that she is just fine because your personal hydro bill is under $100.  You're voting Horwath because you'd be a fucking retard to vote Wynne so at least you finally figured that one out.

I've already provided a link you failed to follow and listed some other problems with this character and then there's sex ed, and abortion. Hard to criticize his 139 policies though, because they intentionally say dick all. That should sit well with you though.

36 minutes ago, TuckerIntensity said:

I can't deal with his rural mpp douchers. 

I read some of his magazine thing, I forget what they called it, and it had some good points. I'm a bit concerned by his seemingly liberal agenda. By that I mean using current Liberal ideas to gain votes where his rural mpps can't.

I'm also concerned he's not good for my livelihood. His party, I suppose, but his paper seemed silent on post secondary education funding, but maybe I missed it. 

Yeah this is the conundrum or sure.

Just now, Armster said:

Posts a sensationlist link and asks me to take it seriously.  Yeah sure is that co-signed by breitbart?

I was accused of setting up that site and the facebook group but of course I'm not capable of that, anymore.

I've never been sure if it is really a disgruntled further right segment of the Ontario PCs or the Liberals trying to take out his legs.

We're in Canada so use Rebel as your reference point.

Just now, Mitch Mattlander said:

I was accused of setting up that site and the facebook group but of course I'm not capable of that, anymore.

I've never been sure if it is really a disgruntled further right segment of the Ontario PCs or the Liberals trying to take out his legs.

We're in Canada so use Rebel as your reference point.

Who is Rebel?