Sign in to follow this  
Armster

Patrick Brown

15 minutes ago, Armster said:

I have already passed that stage a few times.  I don't doubt for a second it's gets passed more.  I'm already prepared.

But seriously all joking aside, you have to admit you have a major bias for Liberals.  I'm not even saying Brown is that good there are some things I can't wrap my head around.  But at the end of the day, a healthy economy is as important as anything else and if social progress isn't being impeded in that journey, then it's something that has to be seriously considered.  The Liberals are breaking this province financially.  

More of a major bias against social conservatives. I used to be far left socially but consider myself centrist now. I could buy into fiscal conservatism, eg small government, lower taxes,  and have operated on those principles in my government management years. My voting history reveals I have voted NDP or a fringe party far more than Liberal and have never voted Conservative. 

11 minutes ago, Mitch Mattlander said:

Do you think Canada is? Despite being a few years since I was in a Nuclear Plant in Canada, they still put it in open swimming pools for 10 years and then in glorified shipping containers, all on site. That pretty well accounts for the 20 years since Armster says I was last in one.

I can honestly say, i don't really trust any of them. I am wearing my Tinfoil Hat, as i type this of course.

1 minute ago, Sam Spade said:

I can remember voting Conservative once. Because my Dad told me i should.:rolleyes:

Well nobody can blame you entirely IMO.  Information has never been available as readily as it these days and being young and impressionable in that time often meant your parents knew everything.

1 minute ago, Mitch Mattlander said:

More of a major bias against social conservatives. I used to be far left socially but consider myself centrist now. I could buy into fiscal conservatism, eg small government, lower taxes,  and have operated on those principles in my government management years. My voting history reveals I have voted NDP or a fringe party far more than Liberal and have never voted Conservative. 

I've never had more than a passing interest in the NDP to be honest.  Hard to take what they've tried to sell seriously.  I will give it a good honest look though at some point prior to elections.

1 minute ago, Armster said:

Well nobody can blame you entirely IMO.  Information has never been available as readily as it these days and being young and impressionable in that time often meant your parents knew everything.

It was foolish at the time though. The only thing i knew about the left and the right, was each of my hands.

Just now, Armster said:

My meaning was intended differently but I can see how it would easily be missed.

I voted Liberal once. In a Provincial election, long before Gordon Campbell and company came around. I have voted NDP for about 22 years, both Provincially and Federally.

2 hours ago, Armster said:

Don't laugh.  People have become rich from Dogecoin.

Anyways back to the original point since you old bastards have run this right off the rails,,  if you are actually interested in reading about nuclear energy  instead of drawing from your 20+ year old memories of walking through a plant once, do some research.  It's out there.  A ton of it.

so i said basically the same thing in the same smarmy tone and i'm the bad guy, fuck me yer funny

1 hour ago, Armster said:

You are terrible at mocking just so you know. Like embarrassingly bad.

And, there are scientific research papers and studies available all over the internet directly from those sites including even having the ability to have discussions with scientists on these very things.  Sorry that you've never seen the WWW past the rotten.com days.

Further, I never said anything about solutions to nuclear waste and in fact cited it a few posts back as an issue facing nuclear energy. But yes, why have someone in the lead who is interested in trying to advance it?  Perhaps he should just play on the" intertainment net" with you and give you your daily ego fueled reach around that you require.

seems you are to Army

the thing is I object morally to Nuclear Power, the waste is another story altogether but it goes hand in hand with the use of uranium for power generation and so cannot be ignored

burying something "deep underground" is no different then sweeping dust under the carpet, the difference being of course is the dust will not kill you if it gets out

Nuclear power has the potential to be our cleanest and biggest energy source. Is the waste problem completely solved? No, but some of you seem to be blowing it way out of proportion. Waste management from everything including batteries isn't solved. We're still piss poor at it and the standards for nuclear waste management far exceed any other. 

Solar, Wind, Nuclear. We should be exploring all options to the best of our ability. Its not going to be a single one that solves our energy problem going forward. Its going to be a mix. Some solutions are better suited for certain areas than others. 

And holy fuck is it just me or is Mitch Mattlander insufferable now. He's the absolute worst troll on the forum now. I almost believed all the blind liberal devotion shit too. Really highlighting the parralels between the devout conservative and liberal. 

58 minutes ago, Sharplaninac said:

Nuclear power has the potential to be our cleanest and biggest energy source. Is the waste problem completely solved? No, but some of you seem to be blowing it way out of proportion. Waste management from everything including batteries isn't solved. We're still piss poor at it and the standards for nuclear waste management far exceed any other. 

Solar, Wind, Nuclear. We should be exploring all options to the best of our ability. Its not going to be a single one that solves our energy problem going forward. Its going to be a mix. Some solutions are better suited for certain areas than others. 

And holy fuck is it just me or is Mitch Mattlander insufferable now. He's the absolute worst troll on the forum now. I almost believed all the blind liberal devotion shit too. Really highlighting the parralels between the devout conservative and liberal. 

Key word here, potential. Something you should know here, i think the USS Enterprise is probably one of the biggest engineering marvels in history. It was in service for nearly 55 years and sailed over a million nautical miles. I just wonder,  about decommissioning it, and what they are going to do about the  8 Nuclear Reactors.

Edited by Sam Spade

44 minutes ago, Sam Spade said:

Key word here, potential. Something you should know here, i think the USS Enterprise is probably one of the biggest engineering marvels in history. It was in service for nearly 55 years and sailed over a million nautical miles. I just wonder,  about decommissioning it, and what they are going to do about the  8 Nuclear Reactors.

Well what do you think they're going to do with it and what do you think the consequences are going to be. And do you feel that they're going to be more or less careful with nuclear materials. 

4 hours ago, Sharplaninac said:

Liked for your contribution to the nuclear energy and other discussion not for your last line.

He's not a troll at all. Ridiculous to say.

Nuclear energy is the future. Has been since the 80s. Every disaster leads to improvements, and it's why we don't see those same disasters ever again with nuclear energy. 

If we are going to let fear dictate what we do, we might as well give up on space launches. Those things blow the fuck up more than nuclear reactors ever have. If the reason you fear nuclear reactors is because it can destroy an entire city, then I question how you cross the street without fear of a bus hitting you. That's way probable after all. 

1 hour ago, Raiden said:

Nuclear energy is the future. Has been since the 80s. Every disaster leads to improvements, and it's why we don't see those same disasters ever again with nuclear energy. 

If we are going to let fear dictate what we do, we might as well give up on space launches. Those things blow the fuck up more than nuclear reactors ever have. If the reason you fear nuclear reactors is because it can destroy an entire city, then I question how you cross the street without fear of a bus hitting you. That's way probable after all. 

It's the future maybe, but not the present. Canada is still mining uranium and dealing with radioactive waste in the same way they were twenty years ago. That in itself is a disaster. Despite my bad NERD pun, a lot of money needs to be spent on nuclear research and a similar amount should be spent on green energy. Canada has an enormous amount of untapped hydro sites, and is an ideal location for solar.

The future of nuclear might look something like, extraction from seawater in a process that can also desalinate water, and a move away from the uranium packed fuel bundles that became radioactive spent fuel. The CANDU reactors used to be world class but another one based on this technology should never be built, not that anyone wants one. Another area where Canada lost a technological head start.

Edited by Mitch Mattlander

I still don't understand this guy. He criticizes everything but his The Rock paper basically affirms he wants to do everything he criticizes. Minimum wage is a farce, but I want to raise it to 15 bucks too. Cap and trade is ridiculous, but we're gonna install a carbon tax. Why waste money on a rail study, but I support high speed rail. This government spends too much, I'm gonna run another large deficit. 

He doesn't like what's happening but he's going to run on it because it wins elections. 

5 hours ago, Raiden said:

It isn't the fear of the Nuclear Reactors themselves for me. It is the safe disposal of the spent fuel rods.

1 hour ago, TuckerIntensity said:

I still don't understand this guy. He criticizes everything but his The Rock paper basically affirms he wants to do everything he criticizes. Minimum wage is a farce, but I want to raise it to 15 bucks too. Cap and trade is ridiculous, but we're gonna install a carbon tax. Why waste money on a rail study, but I support high speed rail. This government spends too much, I'm gonna run another large deficit. 

He doesn't like what's happening but he's going to run on it because it wins elections. 

Like most politicians, he's a lying fuck. I think he'll get in though, because Wynne is toast. He's not as bad as drumpf and look how that went down. Some people like to hear liars rage against green energy and environmental protection and social programs.

He won't be building Nuclear plants in Ontario during his term though, and if anyone thinks differently, I'd be happy to wager a LiteCoin on it.