Sign in to follow this  
tbnl

GDT: LEAFS v. FLAMES: It burns when I PP edition.

Not advocating for it but Tkachuk is going to get Domi'ed one of these days and I don't think I'll feel a lick of sympathy.   Second year NHLer with that reputation already and spearing a guy in the nuts from the bench.   He's going to be swallowing his own chiclets soon.

You know, I've watched all the Leafs games this year and I gotta say - it is a modern miracle on ice. How a team plays like that and is still within 3 points of top spot - it defies all logic. Andersen I owe you the biggest apology for not giving you any love after the October debacle and now I give you my sincerest sympathies for the way that this Leafs team has abandoned your safety in the net. What is it going to take to get your - supposed - team mates to back you up and fuck up the opponents who are running you over with impunity??

Babs, a one armed bandit can juggle lines better than you have been of late.

Leafs, you've had so much time off of late and yet you continue to start the game flat footed? - being a lazy bum wasn't your life choice. You chose to play hockey - please feel free to start this endeavor at any time - preferably before the end of the regular season.

Fuck...GET IT TOGETHER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Can someone please tell me what the definition of goaltender interference is?

... Cause apparently the refs do not have any idea!

Tkachuk can run Andersen 3-4 times last night, Tkachuk can spear our players from the bench, he can knee our defencemen in the corners of the ice...get away with all of it, but Tkachuk gets a little hold and he is the one that draws the penalty. We are the one sent to the box.

We have also seen it many times over in recent games where we have a scoring chance, not a shot a scoring chance, leaf player gets there feet taken out from under them, we lose possession because of it, and of course we cannot buy a powerplay.

--> Perfect example was with 17 seconds left in the 3rd period. Leaf player gets tripped in corner, promptly turns it over understandably and leads to 2 incredible scoring chances on Andersen and then another with 2 seconds left on a d zone face off (that should have been off zone face off. We are just lucky we have Andersen as our goalie. Leafs can play a lot better in every zone. Fuck the referees. Game after game they seem to be a joke this season. They literally almost ended the game for us at that time.

I realize the Leafs didn't deserve to win, but Andersen did. If i was Andersen I would have been in the faces of the referees at some point, even after the game, cause refs were doing shit all to protect the goalie and SO many blatant non calls that didn't seem to hurt us because Andersen didn't only continuously bail out his team but he continuously bailed out the refs looking like idiots on sportscenter the next morning . But, I am impressed how Andersen was able to keep such composure in net based on all the crap he was taking from the Flames and the Refs

BTW, I had no idea Gaudreau was such a whiney player. He needs to grow up a bit.

27 minutes ago, Pavi Largo said:

His previous suspension happened when Tkachuk was on the ice and his opponent off (opposite to this) and it wasn't a spear.

So, no. Not the same thing at all.

Wasn’t his previous suspension for unsportsmanlike conduct as well? Two suspensions for the same thing in a matter of what, 2 weeks?

I guess if you're being that loose with it then yeah, it's the 'same thing'. Totally different factual circumstances though and it falls a long way short of being 'similar fact' evidence.

But then, why would logic or principles of fundamental justice factor into a decision on supplementary discipline made by the NHL?

Carry on.

I'm not disputing the suspension.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

TO doesn't have a Tkachuk because you touch yourself at night. 

Why doesn't CGY have a Matthews? Because you're a fucking idiot who asks dumbass questions.

12 minutes ago, hobarth said:

Why doesn't TO have a Tkachuk?

Kadri is TO's closest equivalent, a top 6/9 forward with attitude otherwise TO has a 4th line friendly giant but he's indispensable?

Current Kadri is Tkachuk without the suspendable bullshit.

2 hours ago, Jhator said:

Is that ducking Tkachuk kid serious? Come on now. I miss a lot of things when I watch the games as I stream on my phone, definitely didn’t catch that at the time. Fuck me. That’s one of the most gutless things I’ve ever seen in the nhl. 

you must not remember Ken Linesman

Loved Linesman, too.

Would've loved Kordic more if he'd have been a better player, nearly certifiable but talented,  Wilf Paiement. Having that edge does bring a measure of fear to the opposition, Orr's staged fights meant little but an unpredictable goonish player who can play in the top 3, priceless.

Possibly the best goon in the NHL that I can remember, Bobby Clarke.

Edited by hobarth