Sign in to follow this  
tbnl

GDT: LEAFS v. FLAMES: It burns when I PP edition.

If I was Calgary's Head Coach / Management, I would be getting pretty upset with Tkachuks immaturity. 

I wonder if Management is actually disciplining him in any way or just giving him a slap on the wrist and saying, we like how you play kid., but clean it up a bit."

But I imagine we would have heard about the team disciplining him right?

Tkachuk should be benched for a couple games. He should be told not to even come to the arena. This will send a clear message as Tkachuk has to deal face to face with their head coach every day. 

________________________________________________________________________________

JUST A LITTLE HISTORY-

Ovechkin and Toews were both suspended for 1 game for missing the NHL Allstar Game on Jan. 31 2017 - Apparently in its own way spearing from the bench is on par with this.

Max Domi on March 3rd 2016 was suspended 1 game for instigating a a fight in the last 5 minutes of a hockey game - Apparently on par with spearing from the bench.

Luke Witkowski November 16, 2017, automatic 10 game suspension for returning to ice to be involved in physical altercation. He did not fight, he did not get a hand on Tkachuk in the altercation. Witkowski got a hold of Hamonics stick.This is worth a 10 game suspension and spear from the bench is worth a 1 game suspension

There is proof against the argument and to support the argument that Tkachuk deserved more games in the suspension. This just reminds us or me of how inconsistent the NHL's discipline is.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2016–17_NHL_suspensions_and_fines#Suspensions

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2015–16_NHL_suspensions_and_fines

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2017–18_NHL_suspensions_and_fines

Edited by WILLIAM HANS-LANDER

By the way

I meant to add that since and including the March 19th, 2017 game where Tkachuk Elbowed Doughty and received a 2 game suspension, he has played a total of 36 regular season games and has been disciplined bythe NHL 3 times. Each time including suspensions 

3 suspensions in the past 7 months and and 5 and a half of those months he wasnt even playing due to off season or early playoff exit etc..

The players should be allowed to handle this kinda nonsense on the ice.

Suspending a kid for a game is worthless... Whats next?

Take away his Xbox for a week?

He should have to face a mans punishment handed to him by a man and take it like a man.

Maybe the NHL needs to set a minimum player age of 21 so little boys arent doing little boy stuff anymore.

Edited by Wilma Fingerdo

15 hours ago, Wilma Fingerdo said:

He should have to face a mans punishment handed to him by a man and take it like a man.

There you go.  This.

The NHL has changed so much, that this seems like an alien philosophy now.  But I agree.  A few shots to the head by someone tough and keep on playing the game.