Sign in to follow this  
Соленья

Your 2018/2019 Toronto Maple Leafs

Post your somewhat realistic lineups for the upcoming season.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Hyman - Matthews - Nylander

Marleau - Kadri - Marner

Kapanen - Frolik - Brown

Johnsson - Beagle - Bracco  

Rielly - Karlsson

Dermott - Zaitsev

Borgman - Hainsey

Fredward

McBackup

If Matthews/Babcock is going to become an issue... I think we need to go big and do it now.

if we can do something like Brown, liljegren and the #24 for Karlsson and zack Smith... do the shit out of it.

gards for a big forward that’s tough to play against... even if they’re a little overpaid(maybe we get the other team to eat money too.) would be beneficial to us in the long run. We really lacked a good a forechecker this year. 

Hyman-Matthews-Nylander
Marleau-Kadri-Marner
Kapanen-UFA-Brown
Johnsson-AHL-Leivo

Rielly-Carlson
Hainsey-Zaitsev
Gardiner-Dermott

Andersen
McElhinney

UFA= Beagle, Vermette, Brodziak or Letestu
AHL= Aaltonen, Gauthier or someone else

1 minute ago, Barilko's Ghost said:

Wait, is Matthews/Babcock even potentially an issue? Did I miss something? 

Media has nothing else to talk about. Making story out of nothing.

45 minutes ago, Barilko's Ghost said:

Ah, OK. So it's not actually an issue at all, then. 

They act like if people have even a single disagreement, it means the coach and player got issues. In all sports you'll have coaches and players not 100% on the same page. Doesn't mean any kind of issue is present, it's simply people who might have differing opinions on something as simple as a single play during a certain game.

I'm sure if they wanted, they'd act like Jays pitchers have an issue with Russell Martin because they shook off one of his pitch calls.

Edited by majingir

that’s not nothing, but it’s also how you manage a team properly.  

there might have been disagreements, and i would expect matthews to be pissed off after this series for sure.   but the fact that babcock flew to arizona, to me means that likely there isn’t going to be major problems going forward.   people that address things head on, clearly how babcock just did, usually work past things and form stronger bonds because of it.

17 minutes ago, kzych said:

What do you all mean Carlson on defense?

Carlson is my No. 2 target, after Karlsson. Although, I would be ok with acquiring both, along with Melker Karlsson and William Karlsson, just for lulz.

? - Karlsson - Karlsson

Carlson - Karlsson

Doughty would be nice, but I don't see why LAK would move him. OTT might move Karlsson because Melnyk. 

I'd be pissed to if I was Matthews. Babcock made some questionable calls. Keeping Komarov in the lineup instead of Johansson or Kapanen? Moving Komorav up to the first line when Kadri got suspended? What was going on with that?

1 hour ago, Barilko's Ghost said:

Wait, is Matthews/Babcock even potentially an issue? Did I miss something? 

Nothing to see here, BG. It's no different than when they made a big fucking deal over his ELC before he eventually signed it.

Besides, Babcock personally visited Matthews himself. From what I've heard, it's only Matthews being a tad disappointed in himself after his playoff performance. If anything comes out of this, it's Matthews becoming more determined in striving to be the best that he can be. Babcock knows this and that's why he's going to give him some moral support.

Babcock seems like the type of coach who'd really care about guys personally, not just in the lockerroom/on ice. Matthews is young enough to be Babcocks son, so I'm sure he just wants to really help Matthews out, not just on the ice. And it's only a matter of time before he becomes a captain as well.

If I remember correctly when this whole Babcock Matthews 'thing' happened they also mentioned that Babs was going to personally talk to a few other guys too including Anderson through out the off season.

Team chemistry plays an important part in building a winning team. Babcock is a strong believer in building team support and morale. He's not the kind of coach that leaves his players be like Torts did with the Blue Jackets. Instead, he values his players. He gives them advice. He motivates them. Babcock doesn't eviscerate his players nor does he attempt to demoralize them. He teaches them. He guides them in the right direction and shows them what needs improvement while awarding those who listen and put in the effort.

Right now, he understands what the players have went through, losing in game 7. He knows they are obviously upset at not completing the series comeback against the Bruins. He also knows that some shoulder the responsibility and right now, he's doing what needs to be done. The players need a boost in confidence. Rather than sulk over the loss, they need to use it as a learning experience....as motivation to get better. Not just as individuals, but as a team.

One could argue I'm saying this with blue and white blinders, but mark my words: The Leafs are going to come back stronger and more prepared next season.

Marleau Tavares Brown

hyman Matthews Marner 

kapanan Kadri johansson

martin Gauthier levio 

rielly zaitsev

dermott borgman

hainsey gardiner

anderson

mc illeney

Edited by uteck

Babcocks trip to Arizona was a family vacation. For all we know Matthews invited him and his family to come out to his place in Arizona after the season ended. It's useless to speculate really.

And yeah Babcock is also visiting Freddie after the world championships 

39 minutes ago, Devin Weston said:

Team chemistry plays an important part in building a winning team. Babcock is a strong believer in building team support and morale. He's not the kind of coach that leaves his players be like Torts did with the Blue Jackets. Instead, he values his players. He gives them advice. He motivates them. Babcock doesn't eviscerate his players nor does he attempt to demoralize them. He teaches them. He guides them in the right direction and shows them what needs improvement while awarding those who listen and put in the effort.

Right now, he understands what the players have went through, losing in game 7. He knows they are obviously upset at not completing the series comeback against the Bruins. He also knows that some shoulder the responsibility and right now, he's doing what needs to be done. The players need a boost in confidence. Rather than sulk over the loss, they need to use it as a learning experience....as motivation to get better. Not just as individuals, but as a team.

One could argue I'm saying this with blue and white blinders, but mark my words: The Leafs are going to come back stronger and more prepared next season.

i believe this to be true, and tbh, if we came back with largely the same group, minus komy & jvr, i would expect our development to still improve our team further.