Sign in to follow this  
Соленья

Your 2018/2019 Toronto Maple Leafs

12 minutes ago, loxcane said:

So McBackUp has to be the front runner for the two string job through three games, right?

Yup, he kind of puts us in a precarious position and the only reason I say that is because of his age. Sparks or Pickard might be the ones to get traded for a draft pick and the way I see it if we were to trade Mc, we would probably get the same draft choice. 

I don't really like the aspect of trading one of our young goalies for a just a draft pick,whereas even though Mc may be best suited for another one year backup, how long can he sustain and is it worth the risk of losing  promising youth?

1 hour ago, HBCYG said:

Sparks and pickard aren't really young goalies anymore. 

Younger than Mc I guess would be proper terms,  do we go for Mc knowing this could be his last year and even though he may be the best for us right now being reliable and seasoned, I think it raises the question if Sparks could grow with us and would it be in our best interest? Pickard to me could be the odd out for a draft pick

Mc deserving I think gives our best option for this year, so for what it boils down to attaining draft picks and weighing out our goal pipeline, and how important this years run should be, let McEl and Andy run the 1,3 and keep what we know and the dressing room tight.

Edited by Danny
wtf moments going on

41 minutes ago, Соленья said:

Sparks blows and has always blown.

At this point in his career, I doubt Pickard is NHL-level too.

I tend to agree,when it comes to the NHL level.

So one more year of Mc and call it safe.

Can't say they are not giving Leivo an opportunity. He looks good but has to finish.

I also liked the fact they brought in Timashov, dude can pass but I would rather have have a shooter far left of Marner and JT but we all know this is warming up and getting looks and giving goals on babcocks' behalf. (important different goals )