Sign in to follow this  
King of Dick Mountain

Your 2018/2019 Toronto Maple Leafs

3 minutes ago, Pai Mei said:

i believe this to be true, and tbh, if we came back with largely the same group, minus komy & jvr, i would expect our development to still improve our team further.

"If you ain't gellin, you're smellin"

18 hours ago, loxcane said:

If Matthews/Babcock is going to become an issue... I think we need to go big and do it now.

if we can do something like Brown, liljegren and the #24 for Karlsson and zack Smith... do the shit out of it.

gards for a big forward that’s tough to play against... even if they’re a little overpaid(maybe we get the other team to eat money too.) would be beneficial to us in the long run. We really lacked a good a forechecker this year. 

Zack Smith regressed this past year to a shadow of his formally effective self and at 3.25m for 3 more seasons the Leafs are much better off just riding out Martins contract

Edited by koho

16 hours ago, loxcane said:

Whether they’re blowing it out of proportion or not, Babcock flew to Arizona to meet with him a week after exit interviews... that’s not nothing

whats most likely is that Babs and his wife went down to Phoenix to stay at Cliffs Phoenix mansion, possibly talk to Chuck about a Leafs front office job and have the Matthews over for a BBQ and pool

Edited by koho

if you're going to go big

Nylander and Gardiner Leafs 1st 2019 to Arizona for OEL + Dvorak + Coyote 3rd 2018

Hyman - Matthews - Marner

Marleau - Tavares - Brown

Johnsson - Kadri - Kapanen

Leivo/Martin - Dvorak - Grundstrom

OEL - Rielly

Dermott - Zaitsev

Borgman - Hainsey/ Rosen

With Pens eliminated, this means the Leafs pick will be 25th overall. The lowest 1st round pick the Leafs have ever owned. Only time Leafs picked 25th before was Stuart Percy. Though they've had good luck picking in the 20s. Steen, Boyes, Rask, Gauthier are 4 of the 6 guys they've taken in the 20s since 2000 (only 2 that didn't pan out were the truculent picks, Biggs and Percy)

Pastrnak, Berglund, Cogliano, Cam Ward and Morrow are the biggest names from the 1st round 25th overall pick in the draft.

Edited by majingir

1 hour ago, majingir said:

With Pens eliminated, this means the Leafs pick will be 25th overall. The lowest 1st round pick the Leafs have ever owned. Only time Leafs picked 25th before was Stuart Percy. Though they've had good luck picking in the 20s. Steen, Boyes, Rask, Gauthier are 4 of the 6 guys they've taken in the 20s since 2000 (only 2 that didn't pan out were the truculent picks, Biggs and Percy)

Pastrnak, Berglund, Cogliano, Cam Ward and Morrow are the biggest names from the 1st round 25th overall pick in the draft.

Not picking 25th this draft....

Trading the pick along with Nylander for karlsson and extending him on a 5 year deal

2 hours ago, Konstantin Konstantinovich said:

If he'd written Johansen, I would have simply assumed that he was making another incredibly idiotic trade suggestion.

I'm pretty sure he's never heard of Marcus Johansson.

quite possible that it was a joke seeing as that Craig Simpleton was calling Johnsson, Johansson throughout the 1st round

It will be interesting to see what management attributes the 1st round exit too.

Just a young team lacking the necessary experience, or will they identify individuals and look to upgrade those pieces.

Should be an interesting off season, especially with a new GM at the wheel.

2 hours ago, Wilma Fingerdo said:

That's what fans do...lay blame.

Is it blame or just trying to imagine a better player for the gig to seek improvements.?

We all feel that some type of D improvement is required.

That is not laying blame.

1 hour ago, Danny said:

Is it blame or just trying to imagine a better player for the gig to seek improvements.?

We all feel that some type of D improvement is required.

That is not laying blame.

There isn't a single player on the team that you couldn't find an upgrade for if you wanted to.

Point I was pondering is whether the new GM (whoever he will be) will allow this young team to learn from their experience and move forward, or make changes.

There's speculation about player movement by media and fans but I think it will be interesting to see if management agrees.

If there is one player you can blame this April on (and there isn't - not legitimately at least) it is Andersen. Yes, Gardiner cost us game seven in many respects but Andersen letting more rubber get behind him than uteck's wife does on an average Saturday night got us to game seven. 

And there is no chance that Andersen gets moved. Possibly sadly. I'm not sure about Fredward. 

1 hour ago, Wilma Fingerdo said:

There isn't a single player on the team that you couldn't find an upgrade for if you wanted to.

Point I was pondering is whether the new GM (whoever he will be) will allow this young team to learn from their experience and move forward, or make changes.

There's speculation about player movement by media and fans but I think it will be interesting to see if management agrees.

For sure it is good to upgrade and send our own talent possibly down a line.

It may not be an improvement but most would think if you get a "certain player" that drives a certain player down a line ..they have improved.

We have seen many scenarios nwhere trades work, and do not work, or talent grows and learns.

Interesting for sure to see what happens.

Personally..I did not want Karlssson nor do I think we get him my reasons was his ego but things may be different without lou and maybe individualism pops up more...who knows? is it good or is better to keep the  players in check?

I think however Karlssson no matter what should have grown from all his experiniences and whoever gets him may benifit moreso than his stay with ottawa where he seemed to be in the ego mode. I still do not expect him to be traded here.

Drew for me would be a target.

But this year..yup,..It will be interesting. Agreed.

3 minutes ago, Konstantin Konstantinovich said:

If there is one player you can blame this April on (and there isn't - not legitimately at least) it is Andersen. Yes, Gardiner cost us game seven in many respects but Andersen letting more rubber get behind him than uteck's wife does on an average Saturday night got us to game seven. 

And there is no chance that Andersen gets moved. Possibly sadly. I'm not sure about Fredward. 

Pretty sure he has no bearing on us getting hemmed in our end.

Ya some soft goals at bad times but really we were soft in front of him moreso than he was soft in net.